+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Sponsorship 2016 - Medical Requested

Cavin

Oct 28, 2012
Hi All,

I had applied for my mom's PR in Jan 2016 and the application was accepted and the file was forwarded from Mississauga office to New Delhi office as we are Indians.

My mom has been requested to undergo medicals within 30 days. Here comes the twist.

Mom has been living with me in Canada since Oct 2015. We extended her visitor stay in April 2016 and she was requested to undergo medicals in May 2016.

1) Is request of medicals too early? When the processing time shows CIC is working on Nov 2011 applications.

2) Can she take the medical test in Canada again as she won't be returning to India till Aug 2016. Will the results here be accepted for her file in New Delhi?

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
I'd like to know too. I am part of 2015 application. My mom is here with me but her application was forwarded to Singapore office.
I'm planning to get the medical done here, when we receive the request and forward the info to Singapore office.

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Cavin said:
Hi All,

I had applied for my mom's PR in Jan 2016 and the application was accepted and the file was forwarded from Mississauga office to New Delhi office as we are Indians.

My mom has been requested to undergo medicals within 30 days. Here comes the twist.

Mom has been living with me in Canada since Oct 2015. We extended her visitor stay in April 2016 and she was requested to undergo medicals in May 2016.

1) Is request of medicals too early? When the processing time shows CIC is working on Nov 2011 applications.

2) Can she take the medical test in Canada again as she won't be returning to India till Aug 2016. Will the results here be accepted for her file in New Delhi?
You can do her medical from Canada. They Efile the exam report so CIC from anywhere can access the file.

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Cavin said:
Hi All,

Hey Calvin,
I too applied in January... That's good news. I'd say get the medical done here and good luck.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Cavin said:

Medical can be done anywhere in Canada. Yes it does seem incredibly early to be requested medicals. I would guess one of 2 things happened here:
1. They accidentally requested medicals now, but since app will still take several years to complete she will be asked to re-do medicals at some point in the future since they're only valid for 1 year
2. Her app someone got bumped ahead of the backlog and they put her to front of the line for processing. This would be great news for you, not so much for the people that are still waiting from many years ago.

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Hi,
I had applied for my fathers PR in Jan 2016 and last week got an email from delhi immigration office to submit documents . some of these docs like schedule A, IMM 008 were already submitted before but I am not sure as to why are they asking it again

The email also states that we will be receiving a request for medicals soon and all of these forms with medicals should be submitted within 60 days

The email also states to submit original docs showing relationship with sponsor etc

Checking if anyone has recd. similar communication

cheers,

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
IT applicant said:
Hi,
I had applied for my fathers PR in Jan 2016 and last week got an email from delhi immigration office to submit documents . some of these docs like schedule A, IMM 008 were already submitted before but I am not sure as to why are they asking it again

The email also states that we will be receiving a request for medicals soon and all of these forms with medicals should be submitted within 60 days

The email also states to submit original docs showing relationship with sponsor etc

cheers,
You can find all the info on the link related to Tips for 2016 applicants

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Thanks
Did you receive th medical request by email?

Also after how long did you receive the medical request from the
time you received the first email?

Cheers,

Cavin

Oct 28, 2012
Hi All,

Thanks for the responses and yes I got the medicals invite and I have booked the emedicals to be done here this month.

However as someone else also received the emails to submit documents. I too have received it - Documents which were submitted during the application are being requested again. I dont get ant logic but I will send them what they have asked.

Police clearance is another thing which they have requested. I am not intending to get the Indian PCC from Canada as it would require passport surrender and we may not get it back in time before her end of August departure. Delay in documentation is better than overstaying on her Visa.

Hope this decision to delay PCC would not affect the process.

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Hi Cavin
After how long did you receive the request for medicals from the time of receiving documents request

The email states to submit everything including medicals in 60 days however I am yet to receive the medicals request

Cheers,

Cavin

Oct 28, 2012
IT applicant said:
Hi,

cheers,
I too got the same email just few days after medical email. I am sending them whatever they want just to be sure. Delhi immigration staff is not know to be intelligent from my past experience with them and can often lose or misplace documents or ask docs for no reason.

Cavin

Oct 28, 2012
IT applicant said:
Hi Cavin
After how long did you receive the request for medicals from the time of receiving documents request

The email states to submit everything including medicals in 60 days however I am yet to receive the medicals request

Cheers,
I got the medicals email first and then the documents email few days later. You will be the medicals email within a week from the documents email. You will have 30 days for medicals to be completed.

Asker302

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Cavin said:
I got the medicals email first and then the documents email few days later. You will be the medicals email within a week from the documents email. You will have 30 days for medicals to be completed.

A few question

How is it possible that PGP-2016 receive medical check already, while previous years are still waiting?
Is the processing done out of order?

in case of the medical check can one parent (visiting Canada) do a check here, while the other in the home country?

victoria345

Jul 11, 2016
Hi, I have sent the application for my parents this year in January. They have sent me a letter stating they have accepted the file and the file is sent to Delhi. But still, I have not got any email for medical from there while some people have received it. I don't understand what's going on?
Please help.