+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Grandparent Application Question

scell

Jan 31, 2011
If CIC charges your credit card and you receive AOR does that mean all the documents you provided are ok? Since they start processing the application 2-3 years later, will they return the application then if the documents are not proper?
I would really appreciate if someone can answer this.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
scell said:
If CIC charges your credit card and you receive AOR does that mean all the documents you provided are ok? Since they start processing the application 2-3 years later, will they return the application then if the documents are not proper?
I would really appreciate if someone can answer this.
It just means your app contained all the required documents, used all up-to-date forms, and had all signatures... not that it necessarily qualifies.

i.e. you may have submitted 3 years of tax returns, which would qualify your app. However at this stage I don't think they are checking if the income amounts actually meet LICO for your family size. So it's possible in a couple years when they start processing your app, if your income didn't qualify they will reject the app at that time.

scell

Jan 31, 2011
Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.

For me, I don't think LICO will be a problem. I am just a little concerned about my parents marriage certificate. It is an english translation but not sure if it meets CICs notarization requirements. I hope they don't reject the application based on that. It will be unfortunate to wait for 2-3 years and have this false hope and to start the process all over again.

Anyways, fingers crossed!