+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Grand Parent Sponsorship - ACCRA LVO

Pgp2019accra

Oct 7, 2019
Hello everyone, I am sponsoring my parents. A request was made for police certificates. CIC asked for the original. CIC also provided a link to the webform for us to attach any requested document, but also said to contact the VAC office in Accra to send originals. I'm a bit confused. Do I send the link through the web form only or do I mail a hard copy to the VAC office in Accra or do both? Anyone come across this scenario and can provide some advice? Thanks in advance.

Pgp2019accra can you help please?
Hi, I got a similar request last week for the Police clearance Cert. I didn't send the original document but the scanned copy through the web form. I believe that would suffice. What's your timeline like?

astro5

Aug 16, 2021
Hi, I got a similar request last week for the Police clearance Cert. I didn't send the original document but the scanned copy through the web form. I believe that would suffice. What's your timeline like?
I ended up sending both (soft and hard copy) based on the feedback I got from the thread. I'm in the 2019 submission. Didn't hear anything from CIC until recently. Submitted initial documents in May 2021, so it is already way past the processing time, but I'm not complaining. Hopefully, they make a positive decision soon

Reactions: Pgp2019accra

astro5

Aug 16, 2021
Any update from Accra regarding PGP 2019. This is frustrating
I agree, it is frustrating. Nothing yet for me after the police cert request. Hope they move faster because I'm not sure why the delay. Did anyone get an update yet?

Last edited:

db5234

May 27, 2011
Accra just issued a lot of PPR and asked for additional documents. Anyone if you heard from Accra or May be they are not treating sponsorship application