+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent got severe heart diseases while PR application and medical exams are in progress

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
My parents applied for permanent residency last year. My mom's already did her medical exam in April this year. Everything was good except her blood pressure was 170/100 and currently her sputum test is in progress. CIC medical officer has not asked for any further cardiac check up yet. Unfortunately she had a heart attack on June and doctor found few blockages and mitral valve leakage with a ejection fraction of 50% (50 consider as fairly normal). Doctor already put stents and her condition is now improving but doctor is currently doing follow up to see if she needs a surgery for the leaky valve or medication is sufficient. I am just wondering, if CIC asked for further cardiac follow up, can we tell them everything or should we do it now? Also if my mom is going for surgery (prognosis is good according to doctor) in my country, will CIC still consider her as medically inadmissible due to excessive demand?

If her PR application gets rejected on excessive demand ground, can she apply for super-visa or visitor visa in future?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents applied for permanent residency last year. My mom's already did her medical exam in April this year. Everything was good except her blood pressure was 170/100 and currently her sputum test is in progress. CIC medical officer has not asked for any further cardiac check up yet. Unfortunately she had a heart attack on June and doctor found few blockages and mitral valve leakage with a ejection fraction of 50% (50 consider as fairly normal). Doctor already put stents and her condition is now improving but doctor is currently doing follow up to see if she needs a surgery for the leaky valve or medication is sufficient. I am just wondering, if CIC asked for further cardiac follow up, can we tell them everything or should we do it now? Also if my mom is going for surgery (prognosis is good according to doctor) in my country, will CIC still consider her as medically inadmissible due to excessive demand?

If her PR application gets rejected on excessive demand ground, can she apply for super-visa or visitor visa in future?
You are required to update IRCC about any major changes in your mother’s health . With such a high bp further cardiac testing is likely. Impossible to say whether she will be medically inadmissable or not. Depends on whether she needs further surgery. If surgery is done in her home country her long term prognosis is what is important.

Reactions: YVR123

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
You are required to update IRCC about any major changes in your mother’s health . With such a high bp further cardiac testing is likely. Impossible to say whether she will be medically inadmissable or not. Depends on whether she needs further surgery. If surgery is done in her home country her long term prognosis is what is important.
Thank you for your reply.