Just finished
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hello everybody,
My sister sponsors my mother and me as a dependent child. Recently the CIC sent us a letter and tell us to complete all the forms and checklist. One of them is the "Proof of Dependant Children's Relationship to principal apllicant" requires:
"Proof of continuous full-time studies of all dependent children aged 22 or over,
including:
O complete school records/transcripts since attaining age 22;
O letters from the schools indicating the number of hours of classes attended
per day, and the number of days attended per week;
O proof of full financial support by parents since reaching age 22."

I already have the record( transcript) from my college. But i don't have letters from my school mention about the time of my attendance because my school doesn't have this kind of paper (they said so), they said the transcript is enough to prove that you fully attend classes (they say you have records of marks means you attend classes). So, how can i write explanation to CIC in this situation?
The second thing is my mother has been giving me cash to pay all the fee , and the receipts don't have my mother's name on it, so what am i supposed to write or what specific paper do i need to submit to prove that i have full financial support by my mother.
and the final thing is i will graduate in 2012 processing of our application will be long, do i need to enroll in another college/university to maintain my full-time studying? I will turn 25 next year. Thank you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
happyguy said:
Hello everybody,
My sister sponsors my mother and me as a dependent child. Recently the CIC sent us a letter and tell us to complete all the forms and checklist. One of them is the "Proof of Dependant Children's Relationship to principal apllicant" requires:
"Proof of continuous full-time studies of all dependent children aged 22 or over,
including:
O complete school records/transcripts since attaining age 22;
O letters from the schools indicating the number of hours of classes attended
per day, and the number of days attended per week;
O proof of full financial support by parents since reaching age 22."

I already have the record( transcript) from my college. But i don't have letters from my school mention about the time of my attendance because my school doesn't have this kind of paper (they said so), they said the transcript is enough to prove that you fully attend classes (they say you have records of marks means you attend classes). So, how can i write explanation to CIC in this situation? Do you have student cards that shows you are Full-Time? If so, attach a copy and write a letter saying that the college does not has this kind of documentThe second thing is my mother has been giving me cash to pay all the fee , and the receipts don't have my mother's name on it, so what am i supposed to write or what specific paper do i need to submit to prove that i have full financial support by my mother. Ask your mother to write you a letter and states that she support you financially to cover all expenses such as tuition, food, travelling, accomodation, etc. Wait and see for the results. and the final thing is i will graduate in 2012 processing of our application will be long, do i need to enroll in another college/university to maintain my full-time studying? I will turn 25 next year. Thank you. As Leon says in the other post, you must enrol full-time. So I guess, you need to continue your education full-time. You can enrol in a different course in same/another university or a higher diploma/degree full time.

dapos2012

Dec 13, 2011
Hello, we are having the same problem as well, my sister sponsor my mother and three of us as the dependant, we have already got all the transcripts, but the college also said that the transcripts have proof the hours of college attended.... And as for the proof of the financial support I will take your advice and ask my mom to write a letter.

happyguy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
7-5-2012
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
Just finished
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
dapos2012, where do you live, can i have your email? I don't know how to tell my mother write the letter that shows the full financial support from her. I mean, do we have to go into details, like money for gas, food, accommodation,.. and by the way i still keep all the tuition receipts, but don't have my mother's name on it, would it be helpful to submit them to CIC and in the letter tell them that my mother gave me cash to pay them. The problem is all the thing i got from my mother is cash to pay most of expenses, we don't have many bills, my internet bill has my name on it, how about bill of devices (computer gadgets, i study IT)?, cloth bills? What else bill do you think will be helpful, is it mandatory to have my mother's name on the bills?. So, can you share with me some things in common that you are gonna write in your financial support letter, also in letter of hours of attendance. Thanks.

dapos2012

Dec 13, 2011
My yahoo I'd is fadumiye@yahoo.com, I am from Nigeria... I will like us to share things together...but contact me fast because time is not on our side, my sister contact her immigration lawyer and he said the earlier we send the documents the faster it is being process...and according to what I have read it remain like one year left...so I wish us good luck.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
happyguy said:
dapos2012, where do you live, can i have your email? I don't know how to tell my mother write the letter that shows the full financial support from her. I mean, do we have to go into details, like money for gas, food, accommodation,.. and by the way i still keep all the tuition receipts, but don't have my mother's name on it, would it be helpful to submit them to CIC and in the letter tell them that my mother gave me cash to pay them. The problem is all the thing i got from my mother is cash to pay most of expenses, we don't have many bills, my internet bill has my name on it, how about bill of devices (computer gadgets, i study IT)?, cloth bills? What else bill do you think will be helpful, is it mandatory to have my mother's name on the bills?. So, can you share with me some things in common that you are gonna write in your financial support letter, also in letter of hours of attendance. Thanks.
If you don't know how to tell your mother, then prepare a computer generated letter, print out and then ask her to sign. The more details you/your mother put, the more convincing. Remember, the sole purpose of this letter is to prove your mother financially support you.

CEC2FSW

Feb 4, 2012
Hi steaky: Nice to read your replies to happyguy and dapos2012. Now I have the similar problem. I need "Proof of full financial support by parents reaching age 22" for my daughter. We leave with only one and half hour driving distance. We meet every weekend. I support her study by giving her cash, buy clothes, foods, computer, etc. for her. How can she write a proof?

Hi happyguy and dapos2012: I hope you had successful experiences for me to learn and share?

I am waiting for your replies. Thanks.