+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper > Online ATIP Proof

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
I will apply for citizenship by paper tomorrow, but I can see the tracker says AOR for online is faster; does this mean that applying online will be faster this year?

I need your advice, please!

elbob

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
I will apply for citizenship by paper tomorrow, but I can see the tracker says AOR for online is faster; does this mean that applying online will be faster this year?

I need your advice, please!
Online AOR Faster .. but it matters who reaches the finish line first :) Now, it's paper for sure

Reactions: ycheng and adbcca

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi guys- I read most of the threads here about paper vs online and some of the delays about online. Should I go for paper application (for family of 3) as I am applying for citizenship next month?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi guys- I read most of the threads here about paper vs online and some of the delays about online. Should I go for paper application (for family of 3) as I am applying for citizenship next month?
If you look at the spreadsheets for 2022: as of October 2022 online and paper applications have gotten similar treatment in terms of processing... And now we are in FY 2023-24 and they may have different notional targets from what is noted in this ATIP. Having said that, IRCC is unpredictable and can change strategy at any time. Pick whatever works best for you

Several cons of paper applications:
Printing and mailing costs + AOR takes longer + papers can get lost. If application is incomplete it takes time to get returned and correcting it and sending it back resets the clock

Reactions: BhargavDadhaniya

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
If you look at the spreadsheets for 2022: as of October 2022 online and paper applications have gotten similar treatment in terms of processing... And now we are in FY 2023-24 and they may have different notional targets from what is noted in this ATIP. Having said that, IRCC is unpredictable and can change strategy at any time. Pick whatever works best for you

Several cons of paper applications:
Printing and mailing costs + AOR takes longer + papers can get lost. If application is incomplete it takes time to get returned and correcting it and sending it back resets the clock
Thanks for the quick response. Looking at the 2023 tracker, it seems online is moving at good pace considering the fact IRCC is leaning more on online than paper. Agree with the CONS of paper.
Thanks again.