+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper > Online ATIP Proof

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
If you have AOR, then it's $500+ off. So they are only going to return you $100 if you withdraw, so think twice.

I am not quite sure what will happen if you only send the withdraw application without waiting. Sorry about that
Thanks for the reply. Gave this a lot of thought and decided to not change my application from online to paper. Keeping my fingers crossed and just hoping that they would be able to get the processing time down to 12 months or so for online and paper apps.

may2019

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Ok guys, I have some update.

Submitted my application online late in the night May 31 or early in the AM June 1st. Got AOR June 2nd. in process June 4th.
I was never able to create an account to track my citizenship (invalid uci error message).
I then read all the forum with the online application issues. Sent multiple webform to withdraw online application.
Application was successfully withdrawn on July 14. Got a full refund as well.

- Sent my paper application June 8 with the same payment that was used for the online app.
- June 15 the app was returned for invalid payment.
- Made a new payment then sent the paper application once again on June 27.
- Got AOR July 6. (I was able to create tracking account on July 14. The same day my online application was withdrawn)
- In process July 19 ECAS
- Aug 3 Fingerprint Request
- Aug 5 Citizenship test Activity.
This is a good evidence that proves paper>online. I submitted my application online a day later than you, nothing moving so far (except AOR).

Last edited:

may2019

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
To be honest, and if we use our brain it's pretty obvious what's going on...
they will close soon the paper applications to make it 100% online like for PR... so now they are doing the paper applications first and all paper applications will have the priority, then they will definitely close it and move to online.
What a stupid thought! if they want to move to online, just close the paper application, and do the paper application as normal. If they don't close the paper application, but prioritize them instead, then more paper applications rush in.

Reactions: saou17

may2019

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
IRCC in the process training officers for online applications so by month end you will see alot of online application moving .
What a liar! two months have passed, nothing move for online applications! If you guess, then say you guess. Don't pretend you know some insiders.

Reactions: sahibo

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
As said before, I got AOR for my paper application on September 16, and the ECAS has been showing Application Received since then, instead of changing to In Progress. However, there is a ghost update on October 7 on the new tracker. Wondering how long this will take

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
What a stupid thought! if they want to move to online, just close the paper application, and do the paper application as normal. If they don't close the paper application, but prioritize them instead, then more paper applications rush in.
But that would mean that IRCC doing their jobs. If you have ever been inside any government office you'll know that they just show up and get paid. They know that it's almost impossible to fire them so there is no incentive to actually do any work. Like its been almost 2 years and IRCC hasn't figured out how to process online applications. This year they claimed to hire over one thousand staff and got a boost in federal funding yet people are still waiting since 2019 for citizenship while people who applied 3 months ago have gotten theirs. Nothing makes sense

Reactions: may2019

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
What a liar! two months have passed, nothing move for online applications! If you guess, then say you guess. Don't pretend you know some insiders.
They claim to be training new staff but we now know it's just lies. IRCC hasn't been truthful throughout this backlog process

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
what i said is exactly what's happening;
Canada’s immigration backlog remains at 2.6 million people | Canada Immigration News (cicnews.com)

IRCC is aiming to make all citizenships applications digital by the end of this year, including those for minors under 18.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
what i said is exactly what's happening;
Canada’s immigration backlog remains at 2.6 million people | Canada Immigration News (cicnews.com)

IRCC is aiming to make all citizenships applications digital by the end of this year, including those for minors under 18.
So 2 more months of Paper applications then online applications have to wait until IRCC finishes the over three hundred thousand paper inventory first. I wish IRCC told us before we applied that they were just testing Online applications and had no intention of processing them it's so unfair having to wait for over a year while paper apps get done in 3 months.

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I am considering doing the same. How did it go for you?
Don't do it. They are processing online applications now. After 6 months of your AOR, your application begins processing. Withdrawing and applying again will cost you more money, and time and will possibly complicate your application. Just leave it as is.

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
My paper application is nearly finished:

Sent: July 26
AOR: Sept 15
ECAS In process: Nov 10
Background: Nov 21
Test invitation: Dec 7
Test Done: Dec 9
Decision made: Dec 13
All completed (except oath): Dec 12 (updated on Dec 16)

Reactions: A_S

wink

May 25, 2021

Congrats! Withdrawing (online) and re-applying (paper) was worth the risk, looks like.

Reactions: ycheng

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020

Did you end up paying the fees again or did you use the fees of the first time?