+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper > Online ATIP Proof

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
It's been a while since my last post. Here are some updates:
  • My online application ended up being canceled (as I requested) in the end of July. They only refunded $100, as the requirement goes. So, think twice if you want to cancel it
  • I found the paper application I sent was canceled at once they received it due to the existing online application (this information was from my MP after contacting with IRCC). So cancel it first before sending a paper copy
  • I sent in another paper copy at the end of July, and I just got AOR yesterday.
Hopefully this is helpful. Wish you guys the best
So they canceled your paper application because you already had online application going on that time ?

damo411

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
It's been a while since my last post. Here are some updates:
  • My online application ended up being canceled (as I requested) in the end of July. They only refunded $100, as the requirement goes. So, think twice if you want to cancel it
  • I found the paper application I sent was canceled at once they received it due to the existing online application (this information was from my MP after contacting with IRCC). So cancel it first before sending a paper copy
  • I sent in another paper copy at the end of July, and I just got AOR yesterday.
Hopefully this is helpful. Wish you guys the best
Sorry man...an update on mine, so did not cancel the online, but sent the paper application while using the payment I used for the online application, they bounced my paper application with the reason "lack of funds", then I appealed for urgent processing, which I think was approved because, for my online application background check updated to completed and test invite was sent within 2 weeks, I have done the test, it has been marked completed also, the rest are in progress, I am in week 3 now of waiting after completing the test

Reactions: may2019 and ycheng

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Did you explained that you have online application when you sent paper application? I think using same receipt made lack of funds.
I sent the form to withdraw the online application along with the paper application. I guess that's a dumb idea

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Sorry man...an update on mine, so did not cancel the online, but sent the paper application while using the payment I used for the online application, they bounced my paper application with the reason "lack of funds", then I appealed for urgent processing, which I think was approved because, for my online application background check updated to completed and test invite was sent within 2 weeks, I have done the test, it has been marked completed also, the rest are in progress, I am in week 3 now of waiting after completing the test
Congrats man! I want to apply for urgent processing, but no valid reason for me at all. I wonder what's your reason, if you don't mind me asking?

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Wow, thats nice. Online applicants are getting their first updates after 7 months while paper applicants are getting their citizenship certificates in 4 months from when they applied. So balanced and fair. And IRCC wonders why they are getting overwhelmed with phone calls, web form inquiries, GCMS/ATIP request and MP inquiries.
Seems like there are some movements going on for online applications. An applicant from Feb 2022 just got test invite.

Paperplanes

Aug 11, 2022
Just a quick update. After sending my paper application everything is now completed. Just waiting for Oath update to happen.

AOR - July 6
Fingerprint Request Aug 3 (Took fingerprints Aug 5)
Citizenship Test Activity - Aug 5 (Aug 18 - Sept 5)
Took Test AUG 19
Sept 14- Test Marked as completed along with All others (Physical Presence, Language Skills, Prohibition)
Oath - Not Started.

wink

May 25, 2021
Just a quick update. After sending my paper application everything is now completed. Just waiting for Oath update to happen.

AOR - July 6
Fingerprint Request Aug 3 (Took fingerprints Aug 5)
Citizenship Test Activity - Aug 5 (Aug 18 - Sept 5)
Took Test AUG 19
Sept 14- Test Marked as completed along with All others (Physical Presence, Language Skills, Prohibition)
Oath - Not Started.
Congrats.

Wow. If we apply paper, looks like (as a next step) they would come to our home and administer oath on the spot and day.

wink

May 25, 2021
Hmm, I was following the advice here actually. But it doesn't matter now, lessons learned. Hope everyone else can learn from my mistake too
Idea to send a paper appl was fine, I think. Just that you did not expect that they would cancel both the applications, if I understand correctly.

It might still workout to be okay I think. You might still reach DM by end of the year.