+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper > Online ATIP Proof

wink

May 25, 2021
“We are in the process of completing the review of records responsive to this request. I am hoping to have a response to you by the second week of September.” :mad:
Wow. Hmmm.... September would be too late for us to decide whether to withdraw the application or not.

Thanks for the update @wksj

damo411

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
I have accepted my fate, I sent paper application in June after online application which was in February, no response and all still in in progress..my suggestion, if you apply online don't bother sending in paper application, makes no difference right now

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
I have accepted my fate, I sent paper application in June after online application which was in February, no response and all still in in progress..my suggestion, if you apply online don't bother sending in paper application, makes no difference right now
I was thinking to do the same end of Aug, but I guess hearing about your case I should just wait for Online to move ahead.

damo411

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Gcms came out today, everything is not started, paper application is not on gcms notes, meaning my paper was ignored and only online application is valid, also all the due dates have passed and my secondary processing office is updated to Scarborough...well I am just tired at this point

• Sad
Reactions: trumprefugee

degm

May 31, 2017
Gcms came out today, everything is not started, paper application is not on gcms notes, meaning my paper was ignored and only online application is valid, also all the due dates have passed and my secondary processing office is updated to Scarborough...well I am just tired at this point
You submitted your application in February 2022, it's still "early" for an online applicant to hear back. But yeah it seems that they ignored your paper application altogether.

canspire

Star Member
Apr 30, 2022
South Sudan
Well well, so much for the failed tactics to overburden IRCC. I warned people against this, but most got real irate at me.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021

Some of us tried to advise people against this. There was no chance that the IRCC was going to accept paper applications given it's actively trying to move everyone to online.

degm

May 31, 2017
Well well, so much for the failed tactics to overburden IRCC. I warned people against this, but most got real irate at me.
Don't be thick, nobody was trying to "overburden" IRCC, people are just trying to have their applications fairly processed. IRCC is not a victim here.

Reactions: sahibo

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Don't be thick, nobody was trying to "overburden" IRCC, people are just trying to have their applications fairly processed. IRCC is not a victim here.
Unfortunately, just good intentions don't help. Yes, no one was going to send stuff to them with the intention of overburdening IRCC. So you're right, people had good intentions of wanting their applications processed expeditiously. However, there was a very slim chance of this working given that you are connected with both your online and paper application with one single UCI and any duplication of applications would've resulted in the latest one being discarded. Now, what you did was wasted an agent's time by having them scan in your paper application only for them to later realize that it's a dupe. Your good intentions are irrelevant because you ended up overburdening IRCC anyway.

BTW the way to do this right would've been to withdraw the online application, wait for the confirmation, and then send in the paper application.

Reactions: canspire

wink

May 25, 2021
However, there was a very slim chance of this working given that you are connected with both your online and paper application with one single UCI and any duplication of applications would've resulted in the latest one being discarded
I am not sure what makes you say that. But as per IRCC website, it is possible and allowed:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html?wbdisable=true

Please read through the topic "Procedures for the processing of multiple general applications".

I am not sure @damo411 submitted with a letter clearly indicating which application to be processed which one should be stopped. Also I am not sure whether we need to make separate payment. Even if he has done all these things, given everything happening I am not sure it would make any difference. But policy-wise looks like it is possible to submit a new application.

canspire

Star Member
Apr 30, 2022
South Sudan
..... Now, what you did was wasted an agent's time by having them scan in your paper application only for them to later realize that it's a dupe. Your good intentions are irrelevant because you ended up overburdening IRCC anyway....
Finally, someone uttered similar words that I did sometime in the past. This is what I didn't want - to waste IRCC's time. Here's my original post in case you missed it or care to read. I'm a terrible writer and people interpreted that as rude, but well, my true intentions were fair.

I am not on IRCC's side, and when I stated (actually implored in the forum) not to send in duplicate paper applications and waste IRCC's resources, what I really meant was not to delay everybody's application. A five minute wasted by IRCC in tossing off duplicates, is five minutes of delay in processing of applications as a whole. Somehow, only few people seemed to understand this. I'm on your side fellas.

damo411

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Unfortunately, just good intentions don't help. Yes, no one was going to send stuff to them with the intention of overburdening IRCC. So you're right, people had good intentions of wanting their applications processed expeditiously. However, there was a very slim chance of this working given that you are connected with both your online and paper application with one single UCI and any duplication of applications would've resulted in the latest one being discarded. Now, what you did was wasted an agent's time by having them scan in your paper application only for them to later realize that it's a dupe. Your good intentions are irrelevant because you ended up overburdening IRCC anyway.

BTW the way to do this right would've been to withdraw the online application, wait for the confirmation, and then send in the paper application.
I would not even encourage any individual to withdraw their application, that may even take longer that getting approved

Reactions: a_tkd

damo411

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Finally, someone uttered similar words that I did sometime in the past. This is what I didn't want - to waste IRCC's time. Here's my original post in case you missed it or care to read. I'm a terrible writer and people interpreted that as rude, but well, my true intentions were fair.

I am not on IRCC's side, and when I stated (actually implored in the forum) not to send in duplicate paper applications and waste IRCC's resources, what I really meant was not to delay everybody's application. A five minute wasted by IRCC in tossing off duplicates, is five minutes of delay in processing of applications as a whole. Somehow, only few people seemed to understand this. I'm on your side fellas.
Well as long as none of us works for IRCC, it is what it is, who knows maybe my file has started moving

Paperplanes

Aug 11, 2022
Ok guys, I have some update.

Submitted my application online late in the night May 31 or early in the AM June 1st. Got AOR June 2nd. in process June 4th.
I was never able to create an account to track my citizenship (invalid uci error message).
I then read all the forum with the online application issues. Sent multiple webform to withdraw online application.
Application was successfully withdrawn on July 14. Got a full refund as well.

- Sent my paper application June 8 with the same payment that was used for the online app.
- June 15 the app was returned for invalid payment.
- Made a new payment then sent the paper application once again on June 27.
- Got AOR July 6. (I was able to create tracking account on July 14. The same day my online application was withdrawn)
- In process July 19 ECAS
- Aug 3 Fingerprint Request
- Aug 5 Citizenship test Activity.