+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper > Online ATIP Proof

canspire

Star Member
Apr 30, 2022
South Sudan
So as to create unnecessary confusion and increased workload and slow down the whole process even further? Must work wonders..
I cannot agree enough. Why are some people craving for citizenship like a fish without water. Let them take their time, citizenship is a privilege, don't forget that.

Just think about this:-

An IRCC officer goes to work in the morning and clocks in to start with assessment of his/her first application for the day.
Let' assume that this officer ABC in now reviewing the online application of @brswng
Another IRCC officer DEF goes to work in the morning and clocks in to start with assessment of his/her first application for the day.
And, this officer DEF starts reviewing the paper application of @brswng, i.e. the same person.

Can you imagine how much time and resources are you wasting, and why?
Just because you think you are Canadian enough to be granted the citizenship. First, learn to become a true Canadian, and stop wasting resources.
Citizenship is a privilege, be patient. Learn to acquire the great virtues upon which this great country was built upon. Persevere.
What's the point of holding a Canadian passport/citizenship certificate if you lack core Canadian values?

No offense intended to anyone, and I used @brswng just as an example, don't take that personally.
My humble thoughts.

damo411

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
I cannot agree enough. Why are some people craving for citizenship like a fish without water. Let them take their time, citizenship is a privilege, don't forget that.

An IRCC officer goes to work in the morning and clocks in to start with assessment of his/her first application for the day.
Let' assume that this officer ABC in now reviewing the online application of @brswng
Another IRCC officer DEF goes to work in the morning and clocks in to start with assessment of his/her first application for the day.
And, this officer DEF starts reviewing the paper application of @brswng, i.e. the same person.

Just because you think you are Canadian enough to be granted the citizenship. First, learn to become a true Canadian, and stop wasting resources.
Citizenship is a privilege, be patient. Learn to acquire the great virtues upon which this great country was built upon. Persevere.
What's the point of holding a Canadian passport/citizenship certificate if you lack core Canadian values?

No offense intended to anyone, and I used @brswng just as an example, don't take that personally.
My humble thoughts.
Your thought is flawed, my reason for saying so is that when they go through the paper document and decide to send an AOR, they would notice that there is an online, which apparently has not even being assessed yet, basically it would be difficult for your scenario to playout, plus if online application picks momentum in assessment, no one would decide to send paper (which is more stressful). If you ask me, I believe they feel so comfortable working with paper than online, possibly the work force handling these are not young as I would have thought.

Yes citizenship is a privilege and not a right, but without it, how can we vote for change, good governance and bring about positive change and growth, how can some of us who can make more impact in politics be able to join and be voted for....bro there are a lot more good than harm to get the passport as fast as possible, and not for traveling purpose I am sure you may have in your mind

Last edited:

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
They still won't send me AOR for my paper application, and I just got the ATIP report I requested in May (original application was in Feb). So this is the result again:

wink

May 25, 2021
They still won't send me AOR for my paper application, and I just got the ATIP report I requested in May (original application was in Feb). So this is the result again:
Surprised to see "Intent to Reside" as a step in the process....

canspire

Star Member
Apr 30, 2022
South Sudan
Your thought is flawed, my reason for saying so is that when they go through the paper document and decide to send an AOR, they would notice that there is an online, which apparently has not even being assessed yet, basically it would be difficult for your scenario to playout, plus if online application picks momentum in assessment, no one would decide to send paper (which is more stressful). If you ask me, I believe they feel so comfortable working with paper than online, possibly the work force handling these are not young as I would have thought.

Yes citizenship is a privilege and not a right, but without it, how can we vote for change, good governance and bring about positive change and growth, how can some of us who can make more impact in politics be able to join and be voted for....bro there are a lot more good than harm to get the passport as fast as possible, and not for traveling purpose I am sure you may have in your mind
Let me take a while to digest this.

for saying so is that when they go through the paper document and decide to send an AOR, they would notice that there is an online,
And to you, that isn't a wastage of time and resources.
...possibly the work force handling these are not young.....

...how can we vote for change, good governance and bring about positive change...
Well, you wanna be able to vote for good governance, and yet you patronize older people. You think that older people aren't efficient workers and shouldn't have jobs. I'd rather you didn't vote at all and never grew old at all.
...and not for traveling purpose I am sure you may have in your mind
Wrong. I wish that you actually were clairvoyant, but you ain't even sensible. I will probably never be able to get a passport (even if I could afford or wanted to travel at all). It's a long personal story, yet you decided to judge me immediately.

On the main topic of this thread, I fully support the idea that paper and online applications must be treated and processed similarly.
I only oppose the idea of overloading the officials with a duplicate and redundant paper application while an online application already exists.
Good luck to you and to your noble views.

Reactions: hamgha and CaroM8

damo411

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017

Well, you wanna be able to vote for good governance, and yet you patronize older people. You think that older people aren't efficient workers and shouldn't have jobs. I'd rather you didn't vote at all and never grew old at all.

Wrong. I wish that you actually were clairvoyant, but you ain't even sensible. I will probably never be able to get a passport (even if I could afford or wanted to travel at all). It's a long personal story, yet you decided to judge me immediately.

On the main topic of this thread, I fully support the idea that paper and online applications must be treated and processed similarly.
I only oppose the idea of overloading the officials with a duplicate and redundant paper application while an online application already exists.
Hey let by gones be by gones.. not trying to pick a fight....my sincere apologies...some of us just want this passport/citizenship over and done with as fast as yesterday...Goodluck to you too...

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022

My humble thoughts.
very judgemental opinion. are you the same person last week posting about the fact that you have no friends/contacts in Canada and wondering how that will factor into your passport application? you realize that your answer is pretentious and lacks decorum and is totally off- the subject. Some empathy and consideration of other people's circumstances will go a long way!! Why don't you see the eagerness of people to get citizenship as a sign of deep interest in becoming full Canadians? Who are you to judge what a true Canadian means???

Reactions: brswng and Dreamlad

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022

Maybe if you refrained from this type of language and judgement, your message in the last statement will hold. We all agree that the least we want is further resource waste, further delay, and duplication of processing for the right reasons. I personally can't afford to withdraw my application and reapply on paper. But people are getting desperate and, and it's sad. Let's hope all our of us will get our citizenship and finally be part of the Canadian family for our personal reasons that are valid. Each of us came to Canada with hopes and dreams for a good future, positive change, good contribution in an environment that we call welcoming, despite its complexity. Judging people for their eagerness to cement their belonging to Canada is a bit too harsh! All the best to you and everyone here applying for citizenship.

canspire

Star Member
Apr 30, 2022
South Sudan
very judgemental opinion
You are right, that's just an opinion.

are you the same person last week posting about the fact that you have no friends/contacts in Canada
Yes, thanks for reminding me that I got no friends. I tend to forget that sometimes.

...is totally off- the subject
Is it really off topic? It was in agreement to a previous post by a fellow member here.
So as to create unnecessary confusion and increased workload and slow down the whole process even further? Must work wonders..
Some empathy and consideration of other people's circumstances will go a long way!!
There you go, and that was my very point. Read between the lines please and appreciate the context of my response.
Just because our online applications are processed slower, putting all the blame on older people working at IRCC isn't justified.
I have worked along both young and old people, and in my experience, the younger workers have been the laziest and most careless. Older workers have been much more meticulous and patient. Again, this isn't a generalization, it's my experience.

Who are you to judge what a true Canadian means???
You grieve about how rude my responses have been, and yet you set a perfectly great example of how "politeness" must sound like.
Yes, (reiterating again), I am nobody to judge anybody. However, I have always regarded Canada as utopia, a nearly perfect place to reside in. Especially, in my case (and this may apply to a lot of other people around here), I hail from a country so disorganized, fraught with corruption and chaos. Canada, to me, is purity and refinement of humankind. I immigrated here to become a better person morally, to learn best work-practices, to become more ethical, compassionate, resilient and most of all - perseverant. Traveling the world on a Canadian passport isn't my goal (which the user I was responding to assumed it was).

Maybe if you refrained from this type of language and judgement, your message in the last statement will hold.
I was only responding to someone who was blaming the tardiness in application processing upon older employees.
The user later acknowledged it and even apologized, although he/she didn't really had to, which I think was such a nice gesture.
Hey let by gones be by gones.. not trying to pick a fight....my sincere apologies...some of us just want this passport/citizenship over and done with as fast as yesterday...Goodluck to you too...
Despite that post, you simply had to jump in and compose very paradoxical twin responses.
I know you've been very supportive in the forum, and have been very kind to me especially. You are perhaps a seasoned member here as well.
That doesn't make you infallible, though. Does it?

Again, I apologize if my personal opinion about the topic or people in general offends anyone.
Wish you all great luck and a very Happy Canada Day. Cheers!!

Reactions: hamgha