+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper Based or Online TRV from Pakistan?

loststark

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hey guys,

Is it better to apply for TRV application for parents on paper or online? I have heard that VFS doesn't accept documents like property papers and valuation as well as assest documents which can make case stronger

I am in Canada and my parents find it easier to apply on paper instead. But if VFS doesn't accept these documents then won't it make the case weaker?

So what is better if you are applying from Pakistan?

Thanks

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
I dont know if the rules are different for Pakistan but my parents applied paper based from India and their experience is that they were assisted greatly by the staff at VFS Mumbai and paper based application saves you the hassle of going for biometric and then sending passport after your application has been approved. The entire process was completed in 30 mimutes and the staff was helpful in arranging the douments required.

loststark

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Category........
I dont know if the rules are different for Pakistan but my parents applied paper based from India and their experience is that they were assisted greatly by the staff at VFS Mumbai and paper based application saves you the hassle of going for biometric and then sending passport after your application has been approved. The entire process was completed in 30 mimutes and the staff was helpful in arranging the douments required.
Yes I know and I think this is how it should be. Instead of any confusion, VFS is there to assist the applicants in best possible way.

It's just that I have read on this forum that VFS Pakistan doesn't accept property documents. And I don't want my parents application to be weakened because some documents weren't accepted.

That's why just want to confirm what the situation is nowadays if we apply on paper in Pakistan

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hey guys,

Is it better to apply for TRV application for parents on paper or online? I have heard that VFS doesn't accept documents like property papers and valuation as well as assest documents which can make case stronger

I am in Canada and my parents find it easier to apply on paper instead. But if VFS doesn't accept these documents then won't it make the case weaker?

So what is better if you are applying from Pakistan?

Thanks
IRCC is the office that grants the visa

Pros
  • Processed faster than paper.
  • You can upload as much documents as you want.
  • If IRCC needs to ask for more documents, you can quickly submit them online.
  • You don’t need to submit your passport unless IRCC asks for it.
  • Get updates on the status of your application directly in your online account.

Cons
You need to go to VFS (Visa Application Centre) for Biometrics and return again for passport submission if visa is approved.​

Paper
Pros
You can give the application, Biometrics and passport at one go.
Cons
  • Takes more time to process. If you apply in VFS Karachi, your application will be sent to Islamabad where the Canadian Embassy/IRCC is located. The processing time does not include the time it takes to send an application between a VFS (Visa Application Centre) and IRCC.
  • You need to link your paper application online so you can see your status.You'll be able to see if approve or rejected once there is a decision. If you don't link it, you have no idea on the final outcome of your application unless you receive the decision envelope.
  • If an additional document is required, you need to submit it to VFS. Then VFS submits it to IRCC.