+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper Application Filled, Eligible for CAN+

Anuj_13

May 1, 2018
Hi Bryanna,

I had applied for TRV for myself, wife, son(1 year Old) and my parents on 25/04/2018 through my agent in VFS New Delhi. After submitting application i came to know about CAN+, not sure if VFS guys send my application for CAN+. All 4 of us have valid multiple entry US visa and have been you US couple of times.

Can i send an email to embassy to convert my application to CAN+??

Also, i am not able to link my paper application to CIC, i have been putting all the details as in family details and passport details, but agent does not remember the dates of Travel he entered in the form, also i am doing this through GC key account that i have made as agent has not made any GC account.

Please suggest.

Anuj_13

May 1, 2018
Hi Bryanna,

I had applied for TRV for myself, wife, son(1 year Old) and my parents on 25/04/2018 through my agent in VFS New Delhi. After submitting application i came to know about CAN+, not sure if VFS guys send my application for CAN+. All 4 of us have valid multiple entry US visa and have been you US couple of times.

Also, i am not able to link my paper application to CIC, i have been putting all the details as in family details and passport details, but agent does not remember the dates of Travel he entered in the form, also i am doing this through GC key account that i have made as agent has not made any GC account.

Please suggest.
Can somebody please help me??

Anuj_13

May 1, 2018
Hi Bryanna,

Please suggest.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
VFS staff check passports for US visas/previous travel to Canada or the US. If an applicant has these visas/travel, VFS staff would then mark the application for CAN+ processing

CAN+ is only a type of expedited processing. Even if you request the visa office to process your applications under CAN+, your requests may/may not be considered. Even for CAN+ processing there are no assurances that processing will be expedited.

You can certainly email the visa office.

Please suggest.
Two reasons why you are unable to link your paper applications:
1. The visa office has not started processing your applications yet, or

2. The more likely reason is because you have appointed a travel agent to represent you. I would ask the travel agent to give you printed copies of the applications before you attempt to link the applications. You must link the applications exactly as per the forms that were submitted by your agent

Anuj_13

May 1, 2018
VFS staff check passports for US visas/previous travel to Canada or the US. If an applicant has these visas/travel, VFS staff would then mark the application for CAN+ processing

CAN+ is only a type of expedited processing. Even if you request the visa office to process your applications under CAN+, your requests may/may not be considered. Even for CAN+ processing there are no assurances that processing will be expedited.

You can certainly email the visa office.

Two reasons why you are unable to link your paper applications:
1. The visa office has not started processing your applications yet, or

2. The more likely reason is because you have appointed a travel agent to represent you. I would ask the travel agent to give you printed copies of the applications before you attempt to link the applications. You must link the applications exactly as per the forms that were submitted by your agent
Thank for the reply sir. Is it possible for the agent to print the copy of the forms once these are submitted. Can he open the account and take a copy of the submitted forms??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank for the reply sir. Is it possible for the agent to print the copy of the forms once these are submitted. Can he open the account and take a copy of the submitted forms??
As your agent submitted paper applications at VFS, I would have thought that he had kept photocopies of your applications as records

Anuj_13

May 1, 2018
As your agent submitted paper applications at VFS, I would have thought that he had kept photocopies of your applications as records
Hey, I checked with, and he had a copy of form saved on his system. I did tried with the exact information on the form to link, but still it showed 'no application found'. what could be the reason??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey, I checked with, and he had a copy of form saved on his system. I did tried with the exact information on the form to link, but still it showed 'no application found'. what could be the reason??
Try linking by:
1. Leaving the 'Place of birth' field as blank
2. Check all details exactly match your passport and application
3. Don't leave any blank spaces before/after any inputs in any field

Anuj_13

May 1, 2018
Try linking by:
1. Leaving the 'Place of birth' field as blank
2. Check all details exactly match your passport and application
3. Don't leave any blank spaces before/after any inputs in any field
I did tried it now, but it highlighted the city of birth as required field.

Anuj_13

May 1, 2018
I'm not a Sir. Give it another try by entering the place of birth. If it doesn't work, it means the visa office has not entered your application in the system as yet
LOL. Ok. It doesn't work, let wait for them to enter the details. Usually, after how many days of receiving the application do they enter the details??

Anuj_13

May 1, 2018
I'm not a Sir. Give it another try by entering the place of birth. If it doesn't work, it means the visa office has not entered your application in the system as yet
Hi, will the visa guys be sending me email with the Application number and UCi number??
Because i applied on 25/04/2018 and still have not got any details as in Application number.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, will the visa guys be sending me email with the Application number and UCi number??
You will not receive any communication from the visa office. As you have appointed your agent as your representative, the visa office will directly communicate with him/her.

Because i applied on 25/04/2018 and still have not got any details as in Application number.
Your agent would have received the application numbers for each application, by email, within 24-72 hours of applying. You will need to check with him/her