+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper application - Centralized Intake office times - PR - Startup visa

Maryheth

Jan 24, 2018
Hello guys!

We're from Colombia, and my partner and me sent the paper application to Sydney like two weeks ago, DHL confirmed us that the package arrived and was recived by Mike; but now we are worried about what is the next step, and how long take to the office to confirm the reception of the papers?. When I check the processing times about the startup visa says "Processing times are unavailable.", so anyone with experience in startup-visa or paper apps to this office?. Thanks in advance!

eonurgenc

Sep 23, 2017
Hi Maryhelt,

My app still countinues until sep 2017. 3 month ago they wanted us medical exam and we sent in a week. Can you learn something about processing time?

eonurgenc

Sep 23, 2017
Sure. Before the apply, it was take 8 months we waited for just support letter! Support letter is most difficult thing to get in this visa

Maryheth

Jan 24, 2018
Hello @eonurgenc and @Maryheth any update on your processing times?
Still nothing, We requested the GCMS Notes, in order to know how is happen right now in the process, and they just move our application to Montreal, but nothing else, any change I will send you a message! But I heard that the normal process is about 6 months

stc121

Jun 28, 2018
Still nothing, We requested the GCMS Notes, in order to know how is happen right now in the process, and they just move our application to Montreal, but nothing else, any change I will send you a message! But I heard that the normal process is about 6 months
hello Maryheth,any updates on your Application yet? Thank you

stc121

Jun 28, 2018
Hello!!!! They a few days ago ask us for some papers, background and other stuff, we send it today!
thank you ! did you guys received letter of support or investment? is that 2 principle applicants? when they request for medical exam? did you go through peer review? i m sorry since there are not much infomation available for start up visa ,so i have alot of questions.

Maryheth

Jan 24, 2018
thank you ! did you guys received letter of support or investment? is that 2 principle applicants? when they request for medical exam? did you go through peer review? i m sorry since there are not much infomation available for start up visa ,so i have alot of questions.
Yes! We contacted multiple incubators and finally get the letter from one in about 10 months of talks with the company, including a site visit. The letter was for only one applicant in our case (My husband apply, he could put another partner as applicant but the partner didn't want to; but me as her wife can travel along like a dependent ).

Then we packed all the documents and send it to Canadá in january; We are under review right now, at the moment they only asked us a background certificate (that you have to pay with an especific company, depending your country, we before sent a police certificate but they actually need some research about the applicants) and other specifics documents.

My husband ask for the worker visa to travel to canada as soon as posible when we sent the application for the residence, He got the visa in only two weeks, and traveled in March.

We are still waiting with no clue, because like you said before, there's no more information about this proccess, but if you need any help or have another questions we can keep in touch just write me! :)

stc121

Jun 28, 2018
Yes! We contacted multiple incubators and finally get the letter from one in about 10 months of talks with the company, including a site visit. The letter was for only one applicant in our case (My husband apply, he could put another partner as applicant but the partner didn't want to; but me as her wife can travel along like a dependent ).

Then we packed all the documents and send it to Canadá in january; We are under review right now, at the moment they only asked us a background certificate (that you have to pay with an especific company, depending your country, we before sent a police certificate but they actually need some research about the applicants) and other specifics documents.

My husband ask for the worker visa to travel to canada as soon as posible when we sent the application for the residence, He got the visa in only two weeks, and traveled in March.

We are still waiting with no clue, because like you said before, there's no more information about this proccess, but if you need any help or have another questions we can keep in touch just write me! :)
Highly appreciate your answer. what did mean by backgroud certificate ? like marriage cerfitcate.birth certificate.etc? did you went thrugh your husband submit medical exam? I checked on the internet ,looks like if they are request for medical exam ,it means good sign to approval.correct me if i were wrong.Thanks

Maryheth

Jan 24, 2018
Highly appreciate your answer. what did mean by backgroud certificate ? like marriage cerfitcate.birth certificate.etc? did you went thrugh your husband submit medical exam? I checked on the internet ,looks like if they are request for medical exam ,it means good sign to approval.correct me if i were wrong.Thanks
The background certificate is like a police certificate to see if you or your family have any criminal records; they ask for marriage and birth certificate in the beginning of the process even a simple police certificate, but theu get in touch with you lately in the process if they need anything else, so dont worry about the background certificate by now. yeah, I heard the same, so the most people recive after the request of the medicals their residence, but theres some cases when people send the medical exam upfront ( that means with the paper aplication, but I dont know to much about it).

If you have any other question just write to me

stc121

Jun 28, 2018
The background certificate is like a police certificate to see if you or your family have any criminal records; they ask for marriage and birth certificate in the beginning of the process even a simple police certificate, but theu get in touch with you lately in the process if they need anything else, so dont worry about the background certificate by now. yeah, I heard the same, so the most people recive after the request of the medicals their residence, but theres some cases when people send the medical exam upfront ( that means with the paper aplication, but I dont know to much about it).

If you have any other question just write to me
Thanks and Good Luck on your applications, Please let me know if there have news from CIC about yours.