+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Palestinian Refugee

Apr 11, 2018
Hello There,
Thanks For This Helpful Community Here , I Do Have A Several Questions , Wishing To Find Helpful Answers Here With You Guys ..

I'm Palestinian With Travel Egyption Document , I Have Been Born And Still Living Here In Saudi Arabia , I Do Have Resident Identity Which I Do Renew It Yearly For Me And My Wife And Our Son, And As I Know We Cannot Back To Palestine Anymore To Be Citizen Regarding The Political Reasons ..

My Question Is Do We Considered As Refugees ?
Can We Apply To Move To CA ?
If Yes , Where We Can Start ? People Told To Find IMMG Offices Here But Not Sure If They Are Safe !!

Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello There,
Thanks For This Helpful Community Here , I Do Have A Several Questions , Wishing To Find Helpful Answers Here With You Guys ..

I'm Palestinian With Travel Egyption Document , I Have Been Born And Still Living Here In Saudi Arabia , I Do Have Resident Identity Which I Do Renew It Yearly For Me And My Wife And Our Son, And As I Know We Cannot Back To Palestine Anymore To Be Citizen Regarding The Political Reasons ..

My Question Is Do We Considered As Refugees ?
Can We Apply To Move To CA ?
If Yes , Where We Can Start ? People Told To Find IMMG Offices Here But Not Sure If They Are Safe !!

Thank You
You have two options for applying for asylum in Canada.

The first is to be officially recognized by UNHCR as refugees and then referred by UNHCR for resettlement in Canada.

The second is to obtain TRVs (tourist visas) to Canada, fly here and then claim asylum once you have arrived.

Immigration offices can't help you.

Apr 11, 2018
Thanks For Quick Reply Mrs Scylla , I Do Appreciate it .

From Your Experince Background Do You Think Palestinian/Travel Egyption Document Can Be Considered As Asylum ?

Also How I Can Get Recognized By UNHCR , Any Guide For Them In Saudi Arabia Or Even Website To Apply ?

Second : What If I Traveled As Tourist To CA And My Claim Has Rejected ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't know if your background will be considered as sufficient grounds for asylum.

If you come to Canada and your claim is refused, you will be returned to Saudi Arabia.

I missed that you are currently living in Saudi. There is no UNHCR office there. You would have to leave Saudi and move elsewhere if you wanted to have the support of UNHCR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have the documents to be able to live in Egypt you will have to why you can't live there due to persecution if you can't live in Saudi. Given you have also had your residency renewed for at least 25 years you seem to be in a stable position not requiring asylum. I do realize that you are dependent on your resident permit being renewed annually. You may want to consult with a Canadian immigration attorney before making any drastic moves but you don't seem to have grounds for asylum.

Apr 11, 2018
Thank You Scyllla
Thank You Canuck

Honestly Yes , Im In A Stable Position Here , The Whole Idea Came To My Mind Coz Of The Travel Document I Do Have , Which Is A Travel Refugee Document .

Seems Like Refugee/Asylum Ways Will Not Consider Me As Refugee , Maybe Other Ways Yes As Skilled Workers etc....

I Will Keep Looking For it , Wish Me The Best , Also Any Advice Please Post Me , Will Be Appreciated It ..