+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Palestinian Refugee in Lebanon - Want to apply for PR from outside Canada

ElMawedDa

Nov 21, 2016
Hi everyone,
I would really appreciate your help in providing guidance.
I am in my mid 30s, female, Palestinian Refugee in Lebanon, meaning I hold a Palestinian Refugee travel document from Lebanon. My grandparents were displaced in 1948 and given refugee status in Lebanon. I was born a Palestinian refugee and my work options in Lebanon are very limited, leading me to look for better opportunity in Canada.
I've read thoroughly information regarding immigrating through federal skilled worker and refugee status. I can't seem to decide on which would be better.

Currently, I do not have enough points for federally skilled worker. My work title falls under the NOC classification for federal skilled worker. I have done several assessments and my CRS points = 300 pts only. I speak English with a CLB 7 with a post secondary degree in Business Management. My work title is Admin Assistant for the last 10 years. I also have a relative in Canada. I do not have any canadian work experience or education.

Being registered with UN as refugee status, are my chances better applying as a refugee?
I do not have any other citizenship. I am only a resident of Lebanon (the only country I wouldn't require a visa to live in). I've read that fear from prosecution makes a candidate eligible for Canadian immigration as refugee status. I was wondering since there is no immediate risk to my life being in Lebanon, how weak will my case be for Canadian immigration as refugee status? My limitation are mainly related to living and working in Lebanon. With my refugee status, I can never join any professional association and 90% of companies, public and private would not hire me due to being Palestinian. There are no advancement,progress in any way shape or form for me staying in Lebanon. My life is not in danger as over 500,000 Palestinian refugees live in Lebanon. I never lived in a refugee camp either. I thought that is worth mentioning.

Looking forward to hearing your responses. Please and thank you

edwardh12

Nov 17, 2016
Hello,

Unfortunately, you would not qualify as a refugee. Your best bet would be to try to increase your points for the FSW program as much as you can.

ElMawedDa

Nov 21, 2016
Just to let you know. I qualified as a refugee and I am now in Canada and got my PR through a successful refugee sponsorship application. Palestinian refugees - there is hope to move to Canada if the hardship can be proven for you personally