+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Palestinian International student in canada wants to apply for immigration

RamiCM

Jan 30, 2009
hi everyone, im an international student in montreal, i have a study permit,i have a travel document from lebanon for palestinian refugees, but would like to become a permanent resident , i am not sure about the immigration procedure since i am in Canada, if it requires taking a break from university for a while, i dont mind. waiting for your reply about the procedure, or if you know any good free consultation lawyers that i can contact.thanks in advance

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
He is in QUEBEC,Special rules Why should he apply to CANADA if He wants to stay in Quebec,You dont apply to Germany to go to France right??Quebec as a Nation within a United Canada controls its own Immigration

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The immigration Quebec website is here: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Khaledaf said:
Hey man i have the same situation (palestinian refugee in lebanon) as u and i would like to continue my higher studys in a local montreal university . I hope u can help me and we can contact each other to do the same step as u did . And as i read a refugee in canada have the right of getting an exemption as he will pay low cost stuying fees if u can help me with more information thanks in advance .
You're misunderstanding the rules regarding refugees in Canada and low cost student fees. You qualify for low fees if you have been accepted as a refugee through Canada's refugee program. You're a refugee in Lebanon. So you would be coming to Canada as an international student and would be paying the high international student fees. Also, note that the post you responded to is six years old. Unlikely you're going to get a response from the original poster.

Khaledaf

Nov 15, 2015
Ok i understand scylla but how can i get in such program and what are the conditions to get accepted in that program. And if got accepted by a university for a study permit what are my chances of getting accepted in this program as for i am a refugee in lebanon and i do not have a true id. Thanks for replying

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Khaledaf said:
Ok i understand scylla but how can i get in such program and what are the conditions to get accepted in that program. And if got accepted by a university for a study permit what are my chances of getting accepted in this program as for i am a refugee in lebanon and i do not have a true id. Thanks for replying
If you don't have a passport, then unfortunately it's not going to be possible for you to obtain a study permit. You need to have a valid passport to qualify for a study permit. To be approved for a study permit, you must also show that you have enough funds to pay for your studies in Canada (and also your living expenses). This means you typically have to show a bank balance of around $25,000 Canadian. You must also demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

But again, it sounds like your first problem is your ID. I unfortunately don't see a way around that.

Khaledaf

Nov 15, 2015
scylla said:
If you don't have a passport, then unfortunately it's not going to be possible for you to obtain a study permit. You need to have a valid passport to qualify for a study permit. To be approved for a study permit, you must also show that you have enough funds to pay for your studies in Canada (and also your living expenses). This means you typically have to show a bank balance of around $25,000 Canadian. You must also demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

But again, it sounds like your first problem is your ID. I unfortunately don't see a way around that.

Im sorry if i wasnt clear about the ID i have a refugee ID from lebanon so my main objective is to get accepted in a university for a study permits which gonna help me get my master degree in engineering thats for starter later when i finish do i have any chance of appliying and getting accepted for becoming a permant resident ( in my case i have english and french languaged and have a diploma in biomedical engineering and trying to get my master degree and at a young age) . I have read alot of revues showing that palestinians rarely get accepted when applying for immigration . Is that true ?