+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Palestinaen wants refugee

Dany houmani

Jul 30, 2019
Myself I'm a Palestinaen residing in Lebanon currently just recieved my Degree in Economics and as you well know palestinaens barely have any rights in Lebanon and their whole career/financies are severely sabotaged.

I'm currently thinking to start a immigration application to CA, but I have a few questions

-Is it true that universities are the same for refugees as Canadian citizens? (Because I want to continue my Master's degree)
-How long will the application take time to be assesed with a Yes/No feedback
-For how long does it take for me (if accepted) to recieve Canadian citizenship?
-Am I eligible to work from my first day there?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Myself I'm a Palestinaen residing in Lebanon currently just recieved my Degree in Economics and as you well know palestinaens barely have any rights in Lebanon and their whole career/financies are severely sabotaged.

I'm currently thinking to start a immigration application to CA, but I have a few questions

-Is it true that universities are the same for refugees as Canadian citizens? (Because I want to continue my Master's degree)
-How long will the application take time to be assesed with a Yes/No feedback
-For how long does it take for me (if accepted) to recieve Canadian citizenship?
-Am I eligible to work from my first day there?
- Yes, once you are accepted as a refugee in Canada, you will pay domestic tuition fees. Note that university is not free in Canada.
- 2-3 years.
- Likely 5+ years from the time you arrive before you are a citizen.
- Not from the first day. You have to apply for a work permit.

Note that if you want to apply for asylum to Canada directly, you must get a TRV (tourist visa) approved, travel to Canada and claim asylum once you are here. To be approved for a TRV, you must demonstrate strong ties to your home country (e.g. property, job, assets) and prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. You must also show that you have enough money to pay for your travels.

Dany houmani

Jul 30, 2019
- Yes, once you are accepted as a refugee in Canada, you will pay domestic tuition fees. Note that university is not free in Canada.
- 2-3 years.
- Likely 5+ years from the time you arrive before you are a citizen.
- Not from the first day. You have to apply for a work permit.

Note that if you want to apply for asylum to Canada directly, you must get a TRV (tourist visa) approved, travel to Canada and claim asylum once you are here. To be approved for a TRV, you must demonstrate strong ties to your home country (e.g. property, job, assets) and prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. You must also show that you have enough money to pay for your travels.
Firstly thank you for your assistance,
So what your saying is Applying for asylum is a faster way than applying as an immigrant which takes 2-3 years?
Again thanks for answering.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Firstly thank you for your assistance,
So what your saying is Applying for asylum is a faster way than applying as an immigrant which takes 2-3 years?
Again thanks for answering.
No. It's the opposite. Applying for asylum takes 2-3 year. Applying for asylum is much slower / harder than applying to immigrate through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry which is typically six months.

Note that you cannot apply for asylum from where you are now. You would need to travel to Canada on a TRV (tourist visa) and claim asylum when you arrive.

Dany houmani

Jul 30, 2019
No. It's the opposite. Applying for asylum takes 2-3 year. Applying for asylum is much slower / harder than applying to immigrate through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry which is typically six months.

Note that you cannot apply for asylum from where you are now. You would need to travel to Canada on a TRV (tourist visa) and claim asylum when you arrive.
Is it possible for me to study while my asylum is being processed which u mentioned takes 2-3 years to be processed? And are the tution fees domestic if yes? Is working possible too?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it possible for me to study while my asylum is being processed which u mentioned takes 2-3 years to be processed? And are the tution fees domestic if yes? Is working possible too?
You can try but a study permit is not guaranteed. Until you have been approved as a protected person you need to pay international fees. Asylum seekers are awarded a work permit so they can support themselves while they wait for their hearing. Getting avTRV to enter Canada is very challenging.