+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

-----------Pakistanis still waiting, please connect here---------------

sam89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Brass said:
No they don't work on these two days. But in the 11 week time, weekends are included.

-Brass
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/processing-traitement.aspx?lang=eng

The times listed below are not a guarantee of how long it will take to process your particular application. These times are to serve as an approximate guide only.
Processing times begin on the day our office receives a complete application and end on the day the final decision (i.e. approval/refusal) leaves our office.
“Working days” are days when the Visa Office is open for business. Weekends and statutory holidays are not “working days,” therefore do not count them when calculating processing times. Please note that visa office holiday closures may differ from local holidays.
This visa office will not respond to case status enquiries within the processing times above.
Please note that temporary resident visa, study or work permit applicants who do not include a legible 2D barcode page as part of their application should expect longer processing times (for more information, please see 2D barcode page).

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
Biometrics done 01/07/2014
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
sam89 said:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/processing-traitement.aspx?lang=eng

The times listed below are not a guarantee of how long it will take to process your particular application. These times are to serve as an approximate guide only.
Processing times begin on the day our office receives a complete application and end on the day the final decision (i.e. approval/refusal) leaves our office.
“Working days” are days when the Visa Office is open for business. Weekends and statutory holidays are not “working days,” therefore do not count them when calculating processing times. Please note that visa office holiday closures may differ from local holidays.
This visa office will not respond to case status enquiries within the processing times above.
Please note that temporary resident visa, study or work permit applicants who do not include a legible 2D barcode page as part of their application should expect longer processing times (for more information, please see 2D barcode page).
Tnhaks Sam89. So the 11 weeks time excludes weekends and 11 weeks are actually at least 14 weeks or up to 100 days :(

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
sam89 said:

And this brings an excellent point to the fore. I am weely weely looking forward to a constructive and hot discussion going on it now my dear friends. What actually are the steps that visa councilors undertake before granting a visa which takes them so much time? In other words, is this processing time legitimate? I mean do they verify our degrees through e-mails to HEC, do they verify bank statements, do they verify police certificates, do they verify submitted medical, do they verify university acceptance letters. If they do, how much time in all likelihood it should take them..... And why do they do it here, and not in some other countries. What if they dont do it? If they dont, than how does it explain the excruciating processing times?

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
yasir8959 said:
And this brings an excellent point to the fore. I am weely weely looking forward to a constructive and hot discussion going on it now my dear friends. What actually are the steps that visa councilors undertake before granting a visa which takes them so much time? In other words, is this processing time legitimate? I mean do they verify our degrees through e-mails to HEC, do they verify bank statements, do they verify police certificates, do they verify submitted medical, do they verify university acceptance letters. If they do, how much time in all likelihood it should take them..... And why do they do it here, and not in some other countries. What if they dont do it? If they dont, than how does it explain the excruciating processing times?
I am not sure how they do it but definitely verification is the main activity in visa processing. For bank statements, I am sure they do it but when a specific stage has been reached. Last time when my visa was refused, my Uni. confirmed for me that they had not been contacted at all. The whole procedure is in fact a complete mystery ;D

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
yasir8959 said:
And what if, the whole point behind this problem is acute under-staffing at canadian embassy/High comm/whatever in Pakistan and not the procedures undertaken???
Should there be more transparency about this whole process? Nobody seems to know the actual details and most important if & buts and important contours of Canadian visa processing in Pakistan. Isn't it just strange?

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
yasir8959 said:
And what if, the whole point behind this problem is acute under-staffing at canadian embassy/High comm/whatever in Pakistan and not the procedures undertaken???
Should there be more transparency about this whole process? Nobody seems to know the actual details and most important if & buts and important contours of Canadian visa processing in Pakistan. Isn't it just strange?
I agree. The short of staff thing has already been discussed earlier on. A friend of mine who has official access to most embassies in the diplomatic enclave has already confirmed that this was not the case behind the deadlock.

-Brass

nmunirali

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
things is that they dont verfiy any thing, actually they play old children game.. ini mini mo means jiss pay mo aya woh approve baki reject now turns for next,,,, and this thing cont... whole year and every year :p

aur agar yeh verify kartay hai tou jasay meray bhai nay bolo itni sari cheezay hoti hai verify karnay kay liy tou ap ko mai time bata dun zara sub cheezao kay verify mai kitna time lagay

let starts from

Educations Docs
Metric Certificate verifies in Almost one month, if this clear then inter ki hogi
Intermediat Certificate verifies in Two months with verfy stamp,, agar yeh hogi tou ap bachelors kay liy apply kar saktay ho
Bacholers and Master Degree verify from HEC its take One and half month

Bank Statement
If goes with proper channel means through SBP (State Bank of Pakistan) and then from particular bank its take 25 days in total

Police Certificate
Iska koi bhi nahi bata sakta q kay yahn ka law aisay hai kay agar source aur pasa hai tou ek din mai criminal ko noc mil jay aur na ho tou bechary begunnah ko bhi gunnaygar bana diy pir bhi total 1 month iska man saktay hai agar proper docs ho tou

baki supporting docs ko 15 din mai hojtay hai

tou agar insub ka total karay tou half year say zaida ban jata hai

ab khud souch lo kay yeh jo 11 weeks ka bol rahay hai tou sach bol rahay hai ya jut, ap sub samjdar ho

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
nmunirali said:
things is that they dont verfiy any thing, actually they play old children game.. ini mini mo means jiss pay mo aya woh approve baki reject now turns for next,,,, and this thing cont... whole year and every year :p

aur agar yeh verify kartay hai tou jasay meray bhai nay bolo itni sari cheezay hoti hai verify karnay kay liy tou ap ko mai time bata dun zara sub cheezao kay verify mai kitna time lagay

let starts from

Educations Docs
Metric Certificate verifies in Almost one month, if this clear then inter ki hogi
Intermediat Certificate verifies in Two months with verfy stamp,, agar yeh hogi tou ap bachelors kay liy apply kar saktay ho

Bank Statement
If goes with proper channel means through SBP (State Bank of Pakistan) and then from particular bank its take 25 days in total

Police Certificate
Iska koi bhi nahi bata sakta q kay yahn ka law aisay hai kay agar source aur pasa hai tou ek din mai criminal ko noc mil jay aur na ho tou bechary begunnah ko bhi gunnaygar bana diy pir bhi total 1 month iska man saktay hai agar proper docs ho tou

ab khud souch lo kay yeh jo 11 weeks ka bol rahay hai tou sach bol rahay hai ya jut, ap sub samjdar ho
they have their own direct means, the methods u talk about are for general public. Also, they focus on your background check, including your family and past. :p

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
nmunirali said:

let starts from

Educations Docs

Bank Statement

Police Certificate

Bro aisa scene ni ae yaar. Statements verification k liyay SBP asked all banks to make a centralized verification cell and embassies just contact it directly through a landline and verifies in 5 minutes. Of that i am sure. There a SBP circular in this regard as well.

nmunirali

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Brass said:
they have their own direct means, the methods u talk about are for general public. Also, they focus on your background check, including your family and past. :p
I Know they have direct means,, lakin jitnay bhi direct means ho in sub ko verify karnay kay liy bhi at-least six month required hogay coz of numbers of application they received per day and month

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
Acha i seriously think k serious delays in processing this time are because of biometrics. Maybe they are verifying our identities through finger prints through NADRA. But NADRA is altogether a strange animal to begin with.

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
whatever, the ignorant apathetic malaise NADRA knows nothing about my fingerprints, I know how they scanned my finger tips :D

nmunirali

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
yasir8959 said:
Acha i seriously think k serious delays in processing this time are because of biometrics. Maybe they are verifying our identities through finger prints through NADRA. But NADRA is altogether a strange animal to begin with.

hahahaha well said... salao ko finger print match karnay pay screen pay khuto ki pics nazar ati hoti is waja say confuse hotay hogay bhai yeh kon sai nasal ka khuta hai

;D ;D :p :p :D ;D :p

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
Brass said:
whatever, the ignorant apathetic malaise NADRA knows nothing about my fingerprints, I know how they scanned my finger tips :D
Hahahahahaha my point exactly. They wouldnt be goddamn able to verify of finger prints. Thus the delays.

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
nmunirali said:
hahahaha well said... salao ko finger print match karnay pay screen pay khuto ki pics nazar ati hoti is waja say confuse hotay hogay bhai yeh kon sai nasal ka khuta hai

;D ;D :p :p :D ;D :p
Hahahahaha Award of funniest comment on this thread goes to the above comment. Desi nasal ka lagta hai. Hahahahha splitting my ribs over the comment. Hilarious.