+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

-----------Pakistanis still waiting, please connect here---------------

nareshk326

Aug 22, 2014
Hello Brass, first of all I want to Thank you for creating a Doc File, which helps candidates who are waiting for study permit in Pakistan :)

I had been following this forum since last 7 days and grateful to see responses from different candidates :)

I would like to share my profile

Name : Naresh Kumar
Date Applied : 16th July 2014 - Paper Based - Karachi
Received at Islamabad Canadian Embassy : 17 July 2014
Received Medical Call : 27th July 2014 (Although, It was on sunday, I don't know how I received the mail on Sunday Morning, Still Confused about that)
Medical Appointment : 6th August 2014
Visa Confirmation Email : 22th August 2014
Visa Dispatched Email : 22th August 2014

Going to :

Concordia University
Masters in Computer Science

Please let me know, if there are queries, I would highly respond to any query :)

I pray everyone who is waiting would get their visa on time. INSHAALLAH :)

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
Biometrics done 01/07/2014
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
nareshk326 said:
Hello Brass, first of all I want to Thank you for creating a Doc File, which helps candidates who are waiting for study permit in Pakistan :)

I had been following this forum since last 7 days and grateful to see responses from different candidates :)

Received Medical Call : 27th July 2014 (Although, It was on sunday, I don't know how I received the mail on Sunday Morning, Still Confused about that)

Going to :

Concordia University

Please let me know, if there are queries, I would highly respond to any query :)

Thank you Naresh, I will add you to the list tomorrow. The list is very complicated now and takes time to add new candidates, particularly adjusting the statistics. So please wait for the next few hours.

Wish you all the best,

-Brass

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
nareshk326 said:

Going to :

Concordia University

Congrats, man!

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
nareshk326 said:
Sorry Brass, I missed some column details

Funding : own
Biometrics : 16th July, 2014
Thank you. Congratulations on your success. I have added you to the list.

-Brass

Brass

Jun 19, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Exempt
File Transfer...
12/06/2014
Med's Request
27/08/2014
Med's Done....
04/09/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
23/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/10/2014
LANDED..........
26/11/2014
arsal said:
Thanks Brass Bro!!
You are very welcome. U pay me at Victoria, BC, Canada ;D

Goodnight,

-Brass

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
All seniors, Anybody knows about GMAT, how it is conducted in Pakistan. I am thinking that in case of failure, I should take admission At memorial university in MSC of Operation Management. So its requirement is of GMAT. Someboday can guide me to do GMAT?

hassan783

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2014 online
Med's Request
up front medical
hy @mohsin i applied online with upfront medical and my status is still the same for medical not needed at this time and application is still open. I did sent the email and they replied its still in processing time and under review hopefully next week they would woke up :D

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
fazeel said:
All seniors, Anybody knows about GMAT, how it is conducted in Pakistan. I am thinking that in case of failure, I should take admission At memorial university in MSC of Operation Management. So its requirement is of GMAT. Someboday can guide me to do GMAT?
Fazeel i took GMAT, I scored 610. In 61st percentile. Go to MBA.COM and you can register for your test date and time online. Its a customized CAT (Computer adjusted test) which means that you can take it alone at anytime and date that you choose. It costs around 18k.
BUT i'd ask you to consider following factors between deciding on GMAT or GRE is more suitable for you.
First of all, if you really have it in you to crack GMAT/GRE above 600 aggregate or 310 respectively, then settle for a better province and university my friend. Because ultimately u want to settle down in canada and altantic provinces (Prince edwards, new foundland, brunswick and nova scotia-doesn't have too many jobs in technical fields other than petroleum, engineering and some management jobs).
Now comes the important point, which should you take GMAT or GRE. All around, GRE is a better bargain. Because quant section is relatively easier in GRE and the real important advantage is verbal. In GRE verbal, there is no sentence correction, which is a huge advantage for non native english speakers. I have 8.0 band in IELTS but despite that i was completely plowed in GMAT verbal sentence correction. Instead of sentence correction you get text completion in GRE which is much much easier, because many times because of the context of the sentence you can choose the right word. If you have further questions, inbox me and i'd be more than happy to help you all around till you succeed. And yeah, another thing, when you start going beyond 55th percentile in GMAT quant you start getting questions about box and whisker plot and other statistical techniques whereas this isnt the case in GRE quant. You can push easily till 70th percentile before you seriously start sweating hahahahahaha
I know of two people who scored 1200 in GRE in old scoring but they barely managed to get 500 in GMAT.

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
Yasir bro, I understand that your applied online with upfront medical so could you please answer this question. What does it say in the "Review of Medical Results" column in the Application Status? Mine says Not needed at this time, does yours say the same too?

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
hassan783 said:
hy @ mohsin i applied online with upfront medical and my status is still the same for medical not needed at this time and application is still open. I did sent the email and they replied its still in processing time and under review hopefully next week they would woke up :D
Man these CIC guys are really starting to get on my nerves.

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
mohsinis said:
Yasir bro, I understand that your applied online with upfront medical so could you please answer this question. What does it say in the "Review of Medical Results" column in the Application Status? Mine says Not needed at this time, does yours say the same too?
Same. Not needed at this time. Dont worry.