+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistanis Applying for student Visa for September 2015 intake!

khan12345

Oct 31, 2014
I am searching for an answer to a problem, but no one is able to give me a clear answer. here is the situation..

1) My passport expired in 2013 but than I got it extend till 2018, the passport and immigration stamped my passport back in 2013 and extended its expiry date till 2018.
Does the Canadian embassy accept this or should I get a renewed passport?

2) In-case the Canadian embassy asks for a new passport, how am I suppose to send them a scanned copy of my new passport..

Plus I have applied online for a study permit which is currently in progress..
Also will they reject me or ask me for a new passport??

Thanks

sarz

Aug 27, 2015
Khan,

Here is what I think, though you can talk to CHC Islamabad general inquiries section or VFS Canada section for exact information:

1) If the concerned authority had extended it to 2018, CIC shall have no problems accepting it. You should (if you haven't done it already) email CIC and tell them to take care of this. You should have mentioned this in your explanation letter while submitting an application.If you have submitted an application long time ago, the chances are that its alright , else from what I have heard, after submission, CIC immediately checks the application for completion and sends the application back and requests the missing document. Since the document issued by authority has been extended by them, i don't think CHC will make any objections.

Inshallah you will soon hear your good news. Don't worry and pray to God.

khan12345

Oct 31, 2014
sarz said:
Khan,

Here is what I think, though you can talk to CHC Islamabad general inquiries section or VFS Canada section for exact information:

1) If the concerned authority had extended it to 2018, CIC shall have no problems accepting it. You should (if you haven't done it already) email CIC and tell them to take care of this. You should have mentioned this in your explanation letter while submitting an application.If you have submitted an application long time ago, the chances are that its alright , else from what I have heard, after submission, CIC immediately checks the application for completion and sends the application back and requests the missing document. Since the document issued by authority has been extended by them, i don't think CHC will make any objections.

Inshallah you will soon hear your good news. Don't worry and pray to God.
Thanks sarz but the problem is many other countries don't accept this and ask for a new passport, If I get a new passport how can I tell CIC of my passport change..

sarz

Aug 27, 2015
If you get a new passport, you should send them a scanned copy of your new passport via case-specific inquiries, along with a scanned copy of your old passport which would have been stamped as "cancelled" or something similar. However, please inquire CIC general inquiries or VFS canada about this situation.

I don't think they would require a new passport. But its good to confirm this. Passport is the last thing they look at only if they are intending to give you visa. So don't worry ! they won't reject you inshallah for this reason.

Xmen

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
18th May, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
07th Aug, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30th Oct, 2015
Bend said:
Can anyone if possible please share VAC, Karachi office's number with me please.

Thanks,

Bend.
VAC

Helpline phone numbers and Email:

Helpline number: +92-51-8439344

Email:
Info.canadaisb@gerrys.com.pk for Islamabad,
Info.canadalhe@gerrys.com.pk for Lahore
Info.canadakhi@gerrys.com.pk for Karachi

Dia-Khar

Sep 4, 2015
Dear All,
I am from Pakistan and i got two years student visa of Canada. I applied in two universities of Canada and got admission letter from both. now i need to select only one for registration and i am bit confuse. please help me and guide/suggest me which one is better one.
one is university of Saskatchewan and second is University of Regina. here is comparison of both universities regarding my course.

University of Regina
city: Regina
Admission of course: MEd
Specialization: Administration
Route: Practicum
duration of course: 2 years
Fees: $7,108.55/ year

University of Saskatchewan
City: Saskatoon
Specialization: Curriculum Designing
Route: course based
Fees: $922.50/3 credit units (total 30CU)

now i need suggestion regarding university as well as city. which city is good for a Pakistani girl in term of living (rent, food, transportation, Pakistani community, security, etc) please advice and help me to decide.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Xmen said:
VAC

Helpline phone numbers and Email:

Helpline number: +92-51-8439344

Email:
Info.canadaisb @ gerrys.com.pk for Islamabad,
Info.canadalhe @ gerrys.com.pk for Lahore
Info.canadakhi @ gerrys.com.pk for Karachi
Thank you so much. They are not responding on this number though. Will try again.

Aruma

Sep 25, 2009

What was your IELTS score BTW

Dia-Khar said:
Dear All,
I am from Pakistan and i got two years student visa of Canada. I applied in two universities of Canada and got admission letter from both. now i need to select only one for registration and i am bit confuse. please help me and guide/suggest me which one is better one.
one is university of Saskatchewan and second is University of Regina. here is comparison of both universities regarding my course.

University of Regina

now i need suggestion regarding university as well as city. which city is good for a Pakistani girl in term of living (rent, food, transportation, Pakistani community, security, etc) please advice and help me to decide.

wira267

Jul 13, 2015
Dia-Khar said:
Dear All,

University of Regina

University of sastakchewan. Btw, when did you apply for visa? Online or paper based?

Srsmg1

Jul 3, 2015
I have applied online on 28 may and till yet there is no response from visa officer.. I dont understand what is going on...

attiqueahmad

Aug 29, 2015
Hey everyone,

Okay so today I got a reply from isbadimmigration@international.gc.ca which was response to my email dated 01/09/2015. The email mentioned nothing but irrelevant information, you see I asked them about my medical report confusion and I gave them my UMI no because somehow they overlooked my medical and they asked me for initial medical on 16/08/2015, whereas, I had already submitted my uppfront medical with application. Reply was:

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is currently in process and under review.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission, Islamabad
P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan

I actually want to know if that was an actual reply or it was also just an automated kind of message? Are they actually aware of my given umi # or is it just a formal reply (automated)?

Uikhan88

Aug 14, 2015
Hi, I submitted my passport after passport request on 14th August, it's been 3 weeks. There is no response yet , is anyone like me over here ? Still chance of getting rejected?

sarz

Aug 27, 2015
attiqueahmad said:
Hey everyone,

Okay so today I got a reply from isbadimmigration @ international.gc.ca which was response to my email dated 01/09/2015. The email mentioned nothing but irrelevant information, you see I asked them about my medical report confusion and I gave them my UMI no because somehow they overlooked my medical and they asked me for initial medical on 16/08/2015, whereas, I had already submitted my uppfront medical with application. Reply was:

Dear Client,

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

Regards,

Immigration Section

I actually want to know if that was an actual reply or it was also just an automated kind of message? Are they actually aware of my given umi # or is it just a formal reply (automated)?
This is exactly the same email I got.

sarz

Aug 27, 2015
attiqueahmad said:
Hey everyone,

Okay so today I got a reply from isbadimmigration @ international.gc.ca which was response to my email dated 01/09/2015. The email mentioned nothing but irrelevant information, you see I asked them about my medical report confusion and I gave them my UMI no because somehow they overlooked my medical and they asked me for initial medical on 16/08/2015, whereas, I had already submitted my uppfront medical with application. Reply was:

Dear Client,

Regards,

Immigration Section

Moreover, this shows the unfortunate state of affairs. I too had written to them with specific changes in my application and they sent this stupid email. So it clearly shows that they don't bother to read our emails and our specific queries and questions :(