+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistanis Applying for student Visa for September 2015 intake!

kashifch

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
McMaster21 said:
Just following up on a previous question: my friend got 2 letters last week after a long wait, 1 was the general passport request and the 2nd was a police certificate request. She went to VAC in Islamabad and submitted both in person last Friday but the online CIC account still says "action is required" in the details and in the submitted application it says "Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from the applicant" and in the submitted application uploads it says "Replacement Needed: Police Certificate (required) by 28 September 2015"

The reason she submitted the police certificate in person with the passport is because the request letter said "original documents must be submitted through VAC".

Now we are worried maybe she was to upload it? But shes already submitted the original so its gone. Should she email CIC and ask??

Anyone have any experience with similar issues... man this process cannot be more confusing subhanAllah. may Allah make it easy for all

I believe that might not be required. She would already have the receipt of submission of these documents with her.
Just ask her to check her inbox for 2 emails:
one from <donotreply@vfshelpline.com> stating that the application has been processed at VAC office along with the tracking number.
2nd from <donotreply@cic.gc.ca> stating that her application has been updated.

In case if she has received any of these 2 emails, she has done her part, documents are with VAC/embassy on record and you need not to worry.
If she has not received any of these emails, ask her to check with VAC first.

And if she has got "Replacement Needed: Police Certificate (required) by 28 September 2015" message after her documents submission, it would be a whole letter and reason would be mentioned in it. Ask her to go through it and do the needful.

kashifch

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjamil said:
thank you for the info.JazakAllah.
did u apply online? or anyone who applied online can tell if they ask for such documents or not. my checklist ask for following docs.
*proofof financial support
*CAQ
*passport
*family info form (IMM5645)
*LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
*Digital photo
*medical exam
optional docs
*application for a temporary resident visa made outside canada
*letter of explanation
I had the same checklist apart from CAQ, as I was not applying for Quebec.

kashifch

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
attiqueahmad said:
Assalam o Alaikum and hello eveeryone,

It is an immense pleasure to inform you all that I have received my visa yesterday. I hope you all remember that I applied for fall intake but due to long processing time my institute has deferred it to January 2016. Therefore, I will be going to Canada next month. I would like to share my experience hoping it could be beneficial to some other student. I submitted my application on 02/06/2015, according to normal processing time I should have received my passport after 24/04/2015 as it completes 12 weeks, but I received it yesterday on 07/09/2015 and this took more than three months although I submitted my application with upfront medical but it was not that much favorable because I thought it would speed up my process but it didn't. I even received medical call on 16/08/2015 from high commission and that was the worst part I had to face in this whole procedure, thousand and one thoughts burst into my mind like did they receive my medical or is there anything wrong with medical and all but after confirming from IOM I finally managed to gather some information, IOM representative said they might have overlooked your eMedical sheet and then they gave me UMI # and advised me to share it with high commission. So if anything happens like this just call IOM and just directly ask them to give you your UMI #. I would also like to share my application package which was:

Letter of acceptance
Document checklist
Seat Deposit payment receipt
IELTS original result
other verified and attested academic transcripts and result sheets
Father's bank account statement
Father's business information on company's letterhead
Affidavit of financial support
Valuation of properties
Taxpayer certificate
Character Certificate (Police clearance certificate)
Family registration certificate
Translation of documents (notary public stamped)
Statement of purpose
eMedical sheet (Upfront medical)

So that's all guys I wish you all good luck for your future.

Jazak'Allah
Congratulations man!!
How did you share the UMI # with embassy?
I have applied online and thinking of getting medical and police certificate done before hand, so that it doesn't take that long to process after I get medical request. What do you suggest as per your experience?

McMaster21

Aug 29, 2015
kashifch said:
Congratulations man!!
I have applied online and thinking of getting medical and police certificate done before hand, so that it doesn't take that long to process after I get medical request. What do you suggest as per your experience?
Why don't you get an upfront medical, it can only save you time. As far as I know there is no harm in doing that.

As for the police certificate, yes I would strongly suggest getting one after you apply and having it ready because they may ask for it, as they did with my friend. The one she just got is valid for 180 days.

kashifch

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
McMaster21 said:
Why don't you get an upfront medical, it can only save you time. As far as I know there is no harm in doing that.

As for the police certificate, yes I would strongly suggest getting one after you apply and having it ready because they may ask for it, as they did with my friend. The one she just got is valid for 180 days.
I believe medical is mandatory for all applicants from Pakistan and since I am an online applicant, I had to upload limited number of documents with my application. However, police certificate is optional and as far as I have been told, they ask for it from few applicants only.

attiqueahmad

Aug 29, 2015
kashifch said:
Congratulations man!!
Hi,

I would also strongly suggest you to get police certificate before applying, I remember my friend applied for visa through paper based application and the front desk officer at gerry's international checked his all documents, he refused his submission by saying your documents are incomplete as police certificate is not included.

As far as upfront medical is concerned, when you get your medical done before applying, IOM provides eMedical sheet and advise you to submit it with you documents. All necessary information is usualy mentioned on eMedical sheet and once you have submitted it with your documents CIC do not ask for re-medical, but in my case it was a rare thing. I talked to IOM and after a lot of KHAWARI I got UMI # which helps visa officer to track medical report online as they might have some kind of access to that. I shared my UMI # by email (islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca) and through case specific enquiry.

Khanlala1

Aug 12, 2015
Hello
I am ready to apply for visa. I have 5 Million in my account from last 4 months. Do i have to justify that money ? If i do what if i justify with with my job savings and the rent coming from the shops i own? And one more thing. If i attach my job pay slips , how many of them would be enough ? i have been working since last 5 years. Do i have to attached all of them or this years 8 or 9 pay slips would be enough ? Thanks

Askani

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Quebec, Montreal
Visa Office......
Pakistan, Karachi
Guys I didn't submitted my old passport just sent my new passport with passport request letter.However, I didn't attach my old expire passport while I filled my application. It will create problem or not?
I submitted my passport on 19th August as well my medical status has changed to passed on 26th august.

Uikhan88

Aug 14, 2015
Any update for those guys who submitted passports after request? Its taking way too long , classes are already started, anyone got any update?

Uikhan88

Aug 14, 2015
hey, its not an issue, many guys i know didnt submit their old or expired passport and they still got visa on time, yes its taking way too long time and i am also waiting, i submitted my passport on 17th August through vfs , even my old passport was attached but still its taking long time for me as well, so don't worry, visa will come but don't know when

Askani said:
Guys I didn't submitted my old passport just sent my new passport with passport request letter.However, I didn't attach my old expire passport while I filled my application. It will create problem or not?
I submitted my passport on 19th August as well my medical status has changed to passed on 26th august.

Askani

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Quebec, Montreal
Visa Office......
Pakistan, Karachi
Uikhan88 said:
Any update for those guys who submitted passports after request? Its taking way too long , classes are already started, anyone got any update?
No bro, I have submitted my passport on 19th August. When did u submit ur passport?

Askani

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Quebec, Montreal
Visa Office......
Pakistan, Karachi
Uikhan88 said:
hey, its not an issue, many guys i know didnt submit their old or expired passport and they still got visa on time, yes its taking way too long time and i am also waiting, i submitted my passport on 17th August through vfs , even my old passport was attached but still its taking long time for me as well, so don't worry, visa will come but don't know when
Ok thanks bro, you know many people got visa and they submitted their passports after 19. That's why I am bit worry.

Uikhan88

Aug 14, 2015
yes, i understand this worry but if they had to reject , passport would have been returned along with rejection by now. if they require more docs they would have asked you by now

Askani said:
Ok thanks bro, you know many people got visa and they submitted their passports after 19. That's why I am bit worry.

saqib1989

Dec 6, 2013
Hey guys ,

I cannot download IMM1294 form (Application for study permit form) while i am applying study permit online. can anyone please send me the form on my below mentioned email ID

muhammadsaqib19@gmail.com

Will be very much thankful to you for your support and co-operation.

saqib1989

Dec 6, 2013
AOA everyone ,

I got acceptance from Ottawa uni engineering management for Jan 2015 intake. They policy does not allows any defferal . in the acceptance letter they asked the financial proof of 37000 $ . But i have 30000$ in my bank account . Is it okay to apply with this bank statement ?

Also please can anyone guide me that is it better to apply through online or paper based