+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for visa for Jan intake

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
hey ,i just want to ask regarding letter of explanation or sop .this is not present in check list and karachi visa application do not tell me to add this paper with my visa file ,is this a veryyyyy imp document that i must have to add ???did cic website mention about this letter or not??

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Medical Passed on 21-09-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
drnadiaj said:
hey ,i just want to ask regarding letter of explanation or sop .this is not present in check list and karachi visa application do not tell me to add this paper with my visa file ,is this a veryyyyy imp document that i must have to add ???did cic website mention about this letter or not??
Letter of Explanation is included in the checklist if you apply online

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Already done - 7.0 Band DECEMBER 2015
drnadiaj said:
Letter of Explanation is an optional document which you can attach with your application to facilitate visa officer by explaining about your application and whats going on in your mind. It is an important document for the study permit applications as we are from Pakistan and unfortunately almost all the study visa applications are decided without the interview with the applicant (except some specific cases) so your letter of explanation gives you the chance to present yourself without interview

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
talhaixlam said:
Letter of Explanation is an optional document which you can attach with your application to facilitate visa officer by explaining about your application and whats going on in your mind. It is an important document for the study permit applications as we are from Pakistan and unfortunately almost all the study visa applications are decided without the interview with the applicant (except some specific cases) so your letter of explanation gives you the chance to present yourself without interview
thats the same i was thinking but some told me if this is not a must document thn dont trap yourself by giving them any extra document ,otherwise they think alot even on those things which might confuse visa officers by checking that detail letter :-[ and some told me that this document is valid for those who are goingto study for 1 year and want to extend studies into further years so they have to explain in that letter like mentioned in the cic website

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
In some cases, you may wish to apply for a study permit even if you do not need one right away. There are benefits to having a study permit, even if you do not require one. If you have a valid study permit, you can:

work part time on campus at the college or university at which you are registered as a full-time student; and
apply to renew your study permit from within Canada, if you decide to continue studying in Canada.
If you decide that you want to continue your studies in another program after you complete your short-term course or program, you must apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada for a study permit if you do not already have one.

If you are applying for a study permit even though you do not need one, you should include a letter that explains why you are applying.

website cic ..can somebody explain it to me ,why we all are adding letter of explanation when we all have long duration degree/courses up to 2-4 years ?

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
waiting
drnadiaj said:
i am applying by paper not online .what to do now
SOP is an optional document and it's totally up-to you if you want to attach it with your application or not. It doesn't matter if you apply online or paper based, it's an optional document. However, it's always a good practice to add the letter if you want to explain certain points regarding your application to the VO.

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
nouman6269 said:
SOP is an option document and it's totally up-to you if you want to attach it with your application or not. It doesn't matter if you apply online or paper based, it's an optional document. However, it's always a good practice to add the letter if you want to explain certain points regarding your application to the VO.
ok thanks nouman6269

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
I got medical call today

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
waiting
haris00 said:
I got medical call today
that's really good. Medical request is always a good sign. Good Luck :)

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016