+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for visa for Jan intake

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
waitingwaiting said:
I am about to apply for Student Visa on 1st Nov, 2016 for the Winter 2017 (January) start.
So i will have two monthS OF Visa processing. Is that enough for Pakistani students ?
May i know the usual/normal processing time these days ?
actually it is a short time what you have ,usually it takes 10-12 weeks or sometimes ppl here i saw waiting from 4-6 months that all depend on several factors but make sure your application is complete and you have attach all the supporting documents ,after that hope for the best . i now think it is all luck.

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
i saw somewhere about the letter of explanation /sop format ,i totally forget where i check .kindly anyone know about it or let me know how and what to write in it ??

waitingwaiting

Aug 28, 2015
drnadiaj said:
actually it is a short time what you have ,usually it takes 10-12 weeks or sometimes ppl here i saw waiting from 4-6 months that all depend on several factors but make sure your application is complete and you have attach all the supporting documents ,after that hope for the best . i now think it is all luck.
Oh really, r u sure ?
I am bit worried, actually i have been waiting for the university decisions.
I can even defer my admission for MAY 2017, but IF I DEFER then wat do u suggest, when should i apply for the Visa....i should apply in around December/January or i can apply right away ?

Make sure my father is also retiring from his job in Feb 2017 (and u know that the employement letter does really help in the processing)

farali5

Oct 20, 2016
Guess what they have mentioned for my refusal , they rejected my student visa because they think I won't return to my country after the completion of my studies...

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Medical Passed on 21-09-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
waitingwaiting said:
Oh really, r u sure ?
I am bit worried, actually i have been waiting for the university decisions.
I can even defer my admission for MAY 2017, but IF I DEFER then wat do u suggest, when should i apply for the Visa....i should apply in around December/January or i can apply right away ?

Make sure my father is also retiring from his job in Feb 2017 (and u know that the employement letter does really help in the processing)
2 months is actually a very short time. I don't think you'll get the visa within 2 months because most of the applications are taking 13-14 weeks. I applied in August and I'm still waiting for my decision. So considering the fact that you are applying for Jan 2017 intake, it would be very lucky of you if you get a decision by this time. And if you defer your admission to May 2017 then you should try to apply for the visa as soon as your file is complete and you have all the necessary documents.

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
waiting
farali5 said:
Guess what they have mentioned for my refusal , they rejected my student visa because they think I won't return to my country after the completion of my studies...
what were the other reasons for refusal? and did you write a strong SOP? mentioning all the necessary details that how you plan to come back to pakistan after the completion of your diploma

farali5

Oct 20, 2016
Yes I did prepare a strong sop..
They have crossed four reasons ..

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada.
2.travel history
3.purpose of visit
4.other reasons, i:e "not satisfied that you are a bonafide student & would depart canada at end of authorized stay.

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Already done - 7.0 Band DECEMBER 2015
farali5 said:
Yes I did prepare a strong sop..
They have crossed four reasons ..

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada.
2.travel history
3.purpose of visit
4.other reasons, i:e "not satisfied that you are a bonafide student & would depart canada at end of authorized stay.
Which documents did you send with your application. I was also refused for three reasons 1. Travel History 2. Purpose of Visit 3. Family Ties in Canada and Country of residence.

Imran Humayun

Sep 2, 2016
is it compulsory to make an Education degree assessment from WES or ICAS in order to get admission in universities in canada?? since i been checking one of the university they mentioned it in their admission requirement.

if yes then how to make an attested degree photocopies assessment through HEC ???

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
waiting
Imran Humayun said:
is it compulsory to make an Education degree assessment from WES or ICAS in order to get admission in universities in canada?? since i been checking one of the university they mentioned it in their admission requirement.

if yes then how to make an attested degree photocopies assessment through HEC ???
Just visit the HEC office in Islamabad and ask them to attest your degrees. It will be done on the same day if you visit the office and give the degrees in person. However, it could take a week for attestation if you send them your degrees via courier service

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
i dont get one thing ,ppl get rejections on the basis of :family ties in canada :?? if someone has family there it mean they will reject us why ?my sis lives in canada they are canadian citizens so it means they will reject me too ,weird

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Already done - 7.0 Band DECEMBER 2015
drnadiaj said:
i dont get one thing ,ppl get rejections on the basis of :family ties in canada :?? if someone has family there it mean they will reject us why ?my sis lives in canada they are canadian citizens so it means they will reject me too ,weird
They just gave me that rejection on the basis that my father has the canadian visitor visa, so I'm 20 years old right now. Even if he get the permanent residence there, there will be no way he can sponsor me as i am above 19 according to canadian rules as dependent children. So pathetic. :mad:

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
talhaixlam said:
They just gave me that rejection on the basis that my father has the canadian visitor visa, so I'm 20 years old right now. Even if he get the permanent residence there, there will be no way he can sponsor me as i am above 19 according to canadian rules as dependent children. So pathetic. :mad:
if your dad has visitor visa and if you are above 19 ,thn why they rejected your file on the basis of your dad visa??? that doesnt make any sense ,i will apply for student visa my sis is married and lives in canada obviously i go there first after few months i will try to manage my living expenses this is normal ,that will be stupid of them if they will reject on this basis ??that why i am living with my sis or if it i s i will stay there for life huh ???

farali5

Oct 20, 2016
I sent affidavit of support of my sponsors, n.i.c true translation , bank statement , saving certificate , sop , c.v , passport copy , photographs , police certificate , confirmation receipt of fees paid of 1 year from Niagara college , local fees transfer receipt , all my transcripts and certificate , offer letter , ielts , a copy of my course subjects , and 3 forms : "imm 1294 , family information form and temporary resident form."

waitingwaiting

Aug 28, 2015
farali5 said:
I sent affidavit of support of my sponsors, n.i.c true translation , bank statement , saving certificate , sop , c.v , passport copy , photographs , police certificate , confirmation receipt of fees paid of 1 year from Niagara college , local fees transfer receipt , all my transcripts and certificate , offer letter , ielts , a copy of my course subjects , and 3 forms : "imm 1294 , family information form and temporary resident form."
U sent photocopies or original Transcript and Degree certificates ?