+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for January 2019 intake gather here!

zafarest

Aug 9, 2014
Hello guys, I applied for visa on 10th october with upfront medical, my medical has been passed as indicated in the portal. status shows "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" . If someone has applied with upfront medical, then after eligibility review decision comes ? secondly I got admits from McMaster & concordia. I proceeded with McMaster. should I differ concordia admit ?

Pakistani_Student

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hello guys, I applied for visa on 10th october with upfront medical, my medical has been passed as indicated in the portal. status shows "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" . If someone has applied with upfront medical, then after eligibility review decision comes ? secondly I got admits from McMaster & concordia. I proceeded with McMaster. should I differ concordia admit ?
Salaam. The thing is that if you don’t give upfront medical then you know if they give a call for medical you will get visa but with upfront you don’t know the next step as the decision comes directly.
And for you second question McMaster is much better in ranking and as profit to Canada as it’s tuition is much higher.
So I will say just wait and pray and good luck and should always prefer McMaster over Concordia.

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
Last edited:

Sam_Usama

Oct 18, 2018
Hello brothers!
i am to get admission in university of Regina which i believe give admissions without IELTS as well if we provide any other English proficiency proof. I will apply for undergraduate program and my intermediate is 81%.
i wanted to ask if it will affect my study permit case or not? do they, 'the embassy' require ielts test? or it strengthen our visa application?
thanks

Pakistani_Student

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hello brothers!
i am to get admission in university of Regina which i believe give admissions without IELTS as well if we provide any other English proficiency proof. I will apply for undergraduate program and my intermediate is 81%.
i wanted to ask if it will affect my study permit case or not? do they, 'the embassy' require ielts test? or it strengthen our visa application?
thanks
Hi, bro the thing is I had gotten acceptance in Regina and I had done Olevels English and had a A grade but they still demanded IELTs so your intermediate doesn’t matter in front of Olevels as it’s a Uk based educational board Cambridge.
Give Ielts and take good score it’s easy it helps both in admission and does strengthen your case as they know you will be able to communicate once you go there.

Reactions: Sam_Usama

Sam_Usama

Oct 18, 2018
Hi, bro the thing is I had gotten acceptance in Regina and I had done Olevels English and had a A grade but they still demanded IELTs so your intermediate doesn’t matter in front of Olevels as it’s a Uk based educational board Cambridge.
Give Ielts and take good score it’s easy it helps both in admission and does strengthen your case as they know you will be able to communicate once you go there.
Thanks bro, for your reply.
But i heared that embassy doesnt ask for the test results and even there is no column for the test score nor they mentioned in their requirements..

Pakistani_Student

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Thanks bro, for your reply.
But i heared that embassy doesnt ask for the test results and even there is no column for the test score nor they mentioned in their requirements..
I don’t know where you got that information from but that is 100% wrong there is a English language proficiency requirement in the requirements, plus few of my friends also got rejected only on the basis of having low IELTs score.
I can only guide you but you better check from a consultant too. They will tell you exact that it is indeed required.

Sam_Usama

Oct 18, 2018
I don’t know where you got that information from but that is 100% wrong there is a English language proficiency requirement in the requirements, plus few of my friends also got rejected only on the basis of having low IELTs score.
I can only guide you but you better check from a consultant too. They will tell you exact that it is indeed required.
i checked that in cic and canada visa websites, no requirement of test mentioned anywhere. Even i checked the application forms as i said earlier. I even asked from many students who are already pursuing education there, there reply was the same, "IELTS has nothing to do with Canadian immigration"
BTW thanks for your kind suggestion. I will still, 'as you said' ask from any consultant to find out more about this.