+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani MBBS Doctor - Express Entry

mohammad_416

Oct 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have done my MBBS from Pakistan, and have 1 year of work experience after graduation. I am interested in applying for Express Entry. I had a few questions:

1) Is house job experience counted as work experience when calculating points for Express Entry ?

2) Where should i start, do i need to get my degree verified my MCC first or do i need to create a profile in Express Entry ?

It would be great if someone can guide me a but here.

Thanks,
Mohammad

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have done my MBBS from Pakistan, and have 1 year of work experience after graduation. I am interested in applying for Express Entry. I had a few questions:

1) Is house job experience counted as work experience when calculating points for Express Entry ?

2) Where should i start, do i need to get my degree verified my MCC first or do i need to create a profile in Express Entry ?

Thanks,
Mohammad
Start with calculating your CRS score on this website. Its easy to calculate. Assume you have no work experience and assume and IELTS score according to your English proficiency. If you get somewhere around 430+, then you can go ahead. Take na IELTS. Then get ECA done through WES. Then start applying on the cic website.

mohammad_416

Oct 22, 2017
Start with calculating your CRS score on this website. Its easy to calculate. Assume you have no work experience and assume and IELTS score according to your English proficiency. If you get somewhere around 430+, then you can go ahead. Take na IELTS. Then get ECA done through WES. Then start applying on the cic website.
Thanks redsocks.
Won't my housejob experience (after graduation) be considered as work experience? If i put 1 year of work experience in the calculator, i am getting 427 points.
I will apply for my IELTS this week.
Can i apply for ECA through WES simultaneously to save time ? I have heard the whole process takes about 3 months.

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
Thanks redsocks.
Won't my housejob experience (after graduation) be considered as work experience? If i put 1 year of work experience in the calculator, i am getting 427 points.
I will apply for my IELTS this week.
Can i apply for ECA through WES simultaneously to save time ? I have heard the whole process takes about 3 months.
I am really not sure about work experience for doctors :) By housejob,do you mean the final of year of internship in MBBS? Nevetheless, to have a valid work experience, you need to be full time, paid employee. I would suggest talking to a doctor in Pakistan who has some experience in migrating to canada as i believe doctors from india/pakistan are probably not allowed to practice in canada without writing some exams. I am really not going to comments further on this as i have no idea.

Yes, you can simultaneously apply for ECA. In fact, that would be a good idea.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Mohammad
Your experience will be counted if you were paid for the 1-Year of Experience you claim. It would be of added benefit if you can showcase the respective tax documents as well. I believe you can verify your degree/credentials using the WES services, but you can look into other educational assessment bodies as well whose assessment are eligible for the EE process. Good luck.

SAS_1234

Apr 1, 2018
Hi
I am applying for canadian immigration through express entry pool and by profession i am a doctor and i have done my MBBS and FCPS in family medicine from Pakistan.
Could you guys confirm where can i get my credentials assessed and do i need to give Academic IELTS for applying for canadian immigration or General IELTS would suffice.

someone1991

Jul 31, 2018
Hi
I am applying for canadian immigration through express entry pool and by profession i am a doctor and i have done my MBBS and FCPS in family medicine from Pakistan.
Could you guys confirm where can i get my credentials assessed and do i need to give Academic IELTS for applying for canadian immigration or General IELTS would suffice.
Hi,
You need to give IELTS GT.
Did you ever figure out where can the Pakistani MBBS degree be verified?

Hira Ahmad

Feb 2, 2023
Hello, I have done my mbbs and house job and also have 4 year work experience. Rather then giving ilets should I gave Oet occupational English text, if yes. Then tell me how much grade required for applying
TIA

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
Hello, I have done my mbbs and house job and also have 4 year work experience. Rather then giving ilets should I gave Oet occupational English text, if yes. Then tell me how much grade required for applying
TIA
According to CIC website it doesn’t accept OET. It only accept ilets and CELPIP

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
TIA
No, you should not do this. Follow the rules and take one of the language tests that are accepted by IRCC for immigration purposes.