+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Id under husband's name while passport still under fathers name

Tousif1122

Sep 19, 2018
My wife's national (Pakistani) id card has my name as husband, but her passport is still carrying her father's name. The sponsorship application is in its final stages at Canadian High commission London. I do not want to change the passport right now since it could delay the whole process. Can anyone here please explain if its ok for my wife to travel with the passport having her father's name but having national id card with my name. I mean could she be stopped at Pakistani airport by doing so?
thank you

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
I think that's a question for Pakistani authorities, as Canadian Government issued IDs don't usually list spouses or parents.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I don't see how getting a new passport would cause delays.
Simply get a new one, and submit a new copy to them.
Canada doesn't have an issue with it, its the pakistani authorities.

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
My wife's national (Pakistani) id card has my name as husband, but her passport is still carrying her father's name. The sponsorship application is in its final stages at Canadian High commission London. I do not want to change the passport right now since it could delay the whole process. Can anyone here please explain if its ok for my wife to travel with the passport having her father's name but having national id card with my name. I mean could she be stopped at Pakistani airport by doing so?
thank you
what final stage is the application in? when was ur app submitted? you can apply for new passport and send new copies and info to LVO all with-in a month

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
thank you
I'm not sure if any of us can comment on the Pakistani airport issue.

For clarity, what you're saying is that your wife's national ID card shows her surname as your surname as she uses it after marriage, while her passport shows her surname that she had at birth (her father's surname) because it hasn't been renewed since she was married?