Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
rizmayo said:
People getting DDs from Standard Chartered Pakistan are facing this problem. Otherwise it is not normal for the FDD clearance to go over a day above the bank's hold period.

Regards,
Sir

Shall we get FDD from any other bank?
Please advice

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
msaeed said:
Sir

Shall we get FDD from any other bank?
Please advice
Bank Al-Falah is good. They don't even have a minimum deposit requirement to maintain the foreign currency account if someone refers you.

However I doubt they will let you open the account one day and give you an FDD for the complete balance the next day. But no harm in asking :D

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rizmayo said:
Bank Al-Falah is good. They don't even have a minimum deposit requirement to maintain the foreign currency account if someone refers you.

However I doubt they will let you open the account one day and give you an FDD for the complete balance the next day. But no harm in asking :D
Sir

I am maintaining Pak Rupee account with them since 2008 , will talk to the branch manager to open US $ Link Account

Thank you

Stay Blessed

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
Vigilant said:
Hi,

I opened bank account in TD bank and they said it will take 5 days only to credit DD... :p

Thanks.
My Draft was issued in favour of CIBC and I opened my account in the same Bank but still it took 35 days to encashed our money was about to exhaust.

Regards

NOC4131

Sep 8, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-14-2010
Doc's Request.
Feb-01-2011 (Doc sent dt)
Nomination.....
Updated Forms + Police Certf sent (May-2014)
AOR Received.
October-2010 (Full Doc request dt)
IELTS Request
Alongwith Full Docs (Feb-01-11)
File Transfer...
6-12 month letter (June 2012),18 month letter (May 2013)
Med's Request
Oct-22-2014
Med's Done....
Oct-30-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-14-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec-05-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah on 5th day of Eid-ul-Fitr 2015
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 6-12 OR 18 MONTH LETTER(S) HOLDERS !!!

ANYBODY WHO APPLIED UPTO 25TH-JUNE-2010 AND HAVE RECEIVED 6-12 OR 18 MONTH LETTER(S) FROM CIC/LVO,COULD CONNECT TO THE BELOW GIVEN LINK TO ANALYSE THE TIMELINE(S).........AND SEND ME YR OWN TIMELINES IF WANNA BE PART OF THIS EXCEL SHEET TO HELP OTHERS AND ANALYSE YOURSELF AT A GLANCE.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zu8d03m30kuRUPayQtKEBMhBqi4Z1_4LbmjuXQUiJtY
Email: sasifhassan@gmail.com

MuhammadFahad

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Nomination.....
21-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-01-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
22-02-2013
Med's Done....
18-03-2013. 2nd Med: 01-05-2014
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-05-2014. PPR-2: 27-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2015 Alhamdolillah
Salam Alekum everyone,

Alhamdolillah, TCS just delivered stamped passports to us :). Looks like Islamabad VO is on steroids, I sent my passport on Monday and received them back today :eek:. Debate on landing in November vs. March will intensify at home now :).

Wish everyone else good luck.
-Fahad

NOC4131

Sep 8, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-14-2010
Doc's Request.
Feb-01-2011 (Doc sent dt)
Nomination.....
Updated Forms + Police Certf sent (May-2014)
AOR Received.
October-2010 (Full Doc request dt)
IELTS Request
Alongwith Full Docs (Feb-01-11)
File Transfer...
6-12 month letter (June 2012),18 month letter (May 2013)
Med's Request
Oct-22-2014
Med's Done....
Oct-30-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-14-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec-05-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah on 5th day of Eid-ul-Fitr 2015
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR FSW- MI-1 APPLICANTS, 6-12 OR 18 MONTH LETTER(S) HOLDERS !!!

ANY FSW-MI-1 APPLICANT,WHO APPLIED UPTO 25TH-JUNE-2010 AND HAVE RECEIVED 6-12 OR 18 MONTH LETTER(S) FROM CIC/LVO,COULD CONNECT TO THE BELOW GIVEN LINK TO ANALYSE CIC TIMELINE(S).........MOREOVER, PROVIDE YR OWN TIMELINES [SEE FIELD A TO S (CLICK MENTIONED LINK FOR EXAMPLE] IF WANNA BE PART OF THIS EXCEL SHEET TO HELP OTHERS AND ANALYSE YOURSELF AT A GLANCE.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zu8d03m30kuRUPayQtKEBMhBqi4Z1_4LbmjuXQUiJtY
Email: sasifhassan @ gmail.com

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
NOC4131 said:
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR FSW- MI-1 APPLICANTS, 6-12 OR 18 MONTH LETTER(S) HOLDERS !!!

ANY FSW-MI-1 APPLICANT,WHO APPLIED UPTO 25TH-JUNE-2010 AND HAVE RECEIVED 6-12 OR 18 MONTH LETTER(S) FROM CIC/LVO,COULD CONNECT TO THE BELOW GIVEN LINK TO ANALYSE CIC TIMELINE(S).........MOREOVER, PROVIDE YR OWN TIMELINES [SEE FIELD A TO S (CLICK MENTIONED LINK FOR EXAMPLE] IF WANNA BE PART OF THIS EXCEL SHEET TO HELP OTHERS AND ANALYSE YOURSELF AT A GLANCE.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL

Email: sasifhassan @ gmail.com
Seriously dude stop spamming!!!

nshah32

Mar 25, 2014
MuhammadFahad said:
Salam Alekum everyone,

Alhamdolillah, TCS just delivered stamped passports to us :). Looks like Islamabad VO is on steroids, I sent my passport on Monday and received them back today :eek:. Debate on landing in November vs. March will intensify at home now :).

Wish everyone else good luck.
-Fahad
Congratz

smile_2good

Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP
Nomination.....
APRIL, 13
AOR Received.
July, 13
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Don't know when
Med's Request
May, 14
Med's Done....
May, 14
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
(PPR-1 = 21-July-2014) + (PPR-2 = 29-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
In sha ALLAH sooooooon
LANDED..........
In shaa ALLAH AUG, 14
Salam Friends,

I am also waiting for PPR step 1 after medicals on 12th May, 2014..
Please pray for me as well..

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Re: Renting Apartment vs a house/basement

For the newcomers to Canada:

In the beginning you may have to face some issues in renting apartments (in apartment buildings). But these are better in long run, as the building has proper heating, and utilities are included. However, due to newcomers not having enough credit history, the management may require upfront payment of at least 6-month rent (you can negotiate how to pay), in many cases. Or even upto a year of rent, if they want that, you can then lease it for a year. Basement living is not doable in the long run anyways. If you have friends in the same city you can use them as a reference point. The minimum is the First+Last rent, and some security deposit, etc for keys, etc. Some buildings even have daycare on the spot, etc.

This is why having cash on hand, and depositing in account right away will be better, so u can pay the rent/lease and get your own place/address.
Once accomodation is sorted, get the internet service. And then apply for study/jobs/schooling, etc as necessary.

The trouble with renting a portion of the house, is that the landlord (who often lives on first floors,etc) can be very hard to deal with. They don't want high utility bills so they tend to monitor the utility/laundry usage, and often don't keep the house warm/cold enough, depending on the weather. This is very true specially in south-asian landlords......so be very careful. And they also frown/dislike if you have guests or don't do things certain way. They frown if you use washing machine frequently.

This is why if you must rent, try to rent in an apartment building. That way you can avoid these petty issues which can ruin the charm/experience.

Hopefully this will help inform those who will be arriving in Canada soon.

smile_2good

Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP
Nomination.....
APRIL, 13
AOR Received.
July, 13
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Don't know when
Med's Request
May, 14
Med's Done....
May, 14
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
(PPR-1 = 21-July-2014) + (PPR-2 = 29-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
In sha ALLAH sooooooon
LANDED..........
In shaa ALLAH AUG, 14

canvis2006 said:

In the beginning you may have to face some issues in renting apartments (in apartment buildings). But these are better in long run, as the building has proper heating, and utilities are included. However, due to newcomers not having enough credit history, the management may require upfront payment of at least 6-month rent (you can negotiate how to pay), in many cases. Or even upto a year of rent, if they want that, you can then lease it for a year. Basement living is not doable in the long run anyways. If you have friends in the same city you can use them as a reference point. The minimum is the First+Last rent, and some security deposit, etc for keys, etc. Some buildings even have daycare on the spot, etc.

This is why having cash on hand, and depositing in account right away will be better, so u can pay the rent/lease and get your own place/address.
Once accomodation is sorted, get the internet service. And then apply for study/jobs/schooling, etc as necessary.

The trouble with renting a portion of the house, is that the landlord (who often lives on first floors,etc) can be very hard to deal with. They don't want high utility bills so they tend to monitor the utility/laundry usage, and often don't keep the house warm/cold enough, depending on the weather. This is very true specially in south-asian landlords......so be very careful. And they also frown/dislike if you have guests or don't do things certain way. They frown if you use washing machine frequently.

This is why if you must rent, try to rent in an apartment building. That way you can avoid these petty issues which can ruin the charm/experience.

Thanks for great suggestion... its really worth consideration...

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

canvis2006 said:

Sir

Jazak Allah Khair

Stay Blessed

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Dear All,

I am an applicant of 2134 NOC. I received PER on February 17th. I don't know if my application process has been started or not as I have not been told anything about this by my representative but the applicant who applied after me has got a second line in ecas. Can anyone give me a hint what is going on? I mean when can I expect to get MR and other requests? Please respond as I am worried :-[

MuhammadFahad

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Nomination.....
21-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-01-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
22-02-2013
Med's Done....
18-03-2013. 2nd Med: 01-05-2014
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-05-2014. PPR-2: 27-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2015 Alhamdolillah

canvis2006 said:

Good advice, I faced the same problems when rented rooms in London (UK) from desi landlords :mad: