Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
zubair44 said:
Guys how long should it take to get ppr2 after ppr1.i sent the ppr1 last tuesday and the courier is still not been delivered as i checked the status of it online(TCS).Thanks
1 month approx

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its probably been delivered... TCS delivers through DHL in London...call TCS and take tracxking number for DHL website...there u can see the proof of delivery...TCS website updates the status with quite a delay
zubair44 said:
Guys how long should it take to get ppr2 after ppr1.i sent the ppr1 last tuesday and the courier is still not been delivered as i checked the status of it online(TCS).Thanks

sshahzad76

Jun 27, 2013
ASLAM ALLYKUM! Attiya

First of all I would like to congrats for your PPR and best wishes for the new Journey ahead.

Could you please confirm, How did you perform the 2nd medical (re-medical) either LVO sent a letter saying or have you gone through your own? Actually I did my medical in Nov'12 with all my family memebers but still waiting for the PPR and it has been expired. Should I go through re-medical my own with out LVO letter or wait; Your guidance will be fruitful for me.

With thanks

zubair44

Oct 18, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks haral for ur suggestion.u know i called tcs today and they confirmed the consignment delivery on 7th through Dhl.also they gave me a different tracking number which i checked online and which confirmed the delivery.Well Done :)

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
attiya said:
Alhamdulillah alhamdulillah alhamdulillah..
got ppr2.
my most sincere prayers for all the others..
Congrats. It seems that things are moving in a faster pace now. When did your docs reached to LVO. It will help me to estimate my PPR2 because my docs reached there on 04 Feb 2014.

Regards,

GRTDXB

Feb 10, 2014
Guys an article in star (dot) com

By: Chris Alexander Published on Tue Feb 11 2014

After being described in your newspaper as “callous” and “slogan-spouting” (Carol Goar, in the online version of her Jan. 26 column) for objecting to Ontario’s offer of health care to failed refugee claimants, as well as a “propagandist” (Haroon Siddiqui, Feb. 9) for introducing the first thoroughgoing reforms to Canada’s Citizenship Act, I thought it might be time for a response — and some hard facts.
Most conspicuous in all of the Star’s coverage of these issues is the failure to acknowledge there was any significant abuse in our pre-2013 asylum system and current citizenship program.
The rest of Canada begs to differ.
In 2013 alone, thanks to our reforms, asylum claims from safe countries dropped by a whopping 87 per cent — saving taxpayers $600 million in spending. (In the previous year, the United States and three European Union member states had been among the top-10 source countries for asylum claims.)
Visitors to Canada do not enjoy access to OHIP. Economic immigrants only get it after three months. We believe pre-hearing and failed claimants do not deserve it either.
Abuse of this kind, on this scale, crowds genuine refugees out of our system — from countries facing real conflict and poverty, such as Congo, Sudan, Syria and Pakistan. Our reforms to date have reduced abuse dramatically. They have allowed us to restore our focus on refugees.
As a result, Canada continues to be rated the country in the world that is the most generous to refugees by UNHCR. It has also allowed us to maintain the highest immigration levels in Canadian history — over 254,000 new permanent residents every year since 2006, compared to only 222,000 under the previous Liberal government.
On citizenship, the 1977 Act opened the door to significant abuse. Thousands of persons obtained citizenship by pretending to live in Canada, without actually having any intention to live here. Until 2009, little was done to curtail this.
The new measures will give us the power to regulate citizenship consultants and raise penalties for their involvement in fraud and misrepresentation.
We are doing this precisely because the vast majority of newcomers and Canadians are honest people who work hard and play by the rules. They know that widespread fraud diminishes the value of Canadian citizenship. To tolerate abuse would be to fail all Canadians.
The Star’s Feb. 7 editorial spoke of “mistrust.”
Citizenship is not an inalienable birthright. It was created by successive acts of Parliament. It is a privilege, to be earned by newcomers through their physical presence in Canada and their knowledge of our country and its languages.
Citizenship is a responsibility that each generation must discharge by protecting Canada, participating in our democratic institutions, helping those less fortunate and enriching our economy and society with the best we each have to give.
In cases where citizenship was fraudulently obtained, it can already be revoked. In cases where dual nationals commit gross acts of disloyalty such as treason or terrorism, or take up arms against our Canadian Forces, they too will lose it.
Each of those crimes is already punishable by stiff sentences in Canada. We will never make Canadians stateless. But we are under no obligation to maintain the Canadian citizenship of those who betray it while holding other nationalities.
According to CSIS, 130 Canadians are now fighting with extremist groups around the world, 30 of them in Syria, some of them dual nationals. We all have an interest in sending a message to such misguided individuals: they are committing serious crimes and their actions will have consequences.
The new measures in Bill C-24, the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act, are a deterrent to those who might seek to abuse our generosity, circumvent our laws or attack us in cold blood.
We are all proud of our Canadian citizenship. Let’s make it stronger than ever by ensuring new Canadians have a real connection to this country, by reducing processing times, by honouring those who serve, by eliminating fraud and abuse and by deterring disloyalty.
Our immigration and asylum system reforms have already yielded very positive results for taxpayers and refugees alike. The Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act will set this unique privilege on firm foundations for a new century.
Chris Alexander is the federal Minister of Citizenship and Immigration and the Conservative MP for Ajax-Pickering.

Newspaper – www the star (dot) com

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
zubair44 said:
Anyone else here waiting for ppr2?
Well i have sent my PPR-1 on 13-Jan-2014 which delivered on 15-Jan-2014 but still waiting for further request :)

Yesterday i have drop an email to LVO for confirmation of delivery of courier.

Regards
Farhan

Applied2009

Star Member
May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
Doc's Request.
12-08-2009
AOR Received.
19-08-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
14-10-2013
SMSH said:
Mabroooooooooooooooooooook :)
mubbarik ho have a blessed life ahead :)

attiya

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2009
File Transfer...
Jan 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2012, remed Nov 2013
Passport Req..
ppr1:13 jan 2014
RNSS said:
Congrats. It seems that things are moving in a faster pace now. When did your docs reached to LVO. It will help me to estimate my PPR2 because my docs reached there on 04 Feb 2014.

Regards,
my ppr1 docs reached lvo on 20th jan..

zubair44

Oct 18, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Farhan for your feedback.Mine was received at 7th feb which was last friday.Hope we will get ppr2 by next week or two. ;)

rawalpindi

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
zubair44 said:
Thank you Farhan for your feedback.Mine was received at 7th feb which was last friday.Hope we will get ppr2 by next week or two. ;)
Still next week or two....Farhan and me waiting since last one month...:(

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rawalpindi said:
Still next week or two....Farhan and me waiting since last one month...:(
That is not a good news for us. When did your passport copies reach LVO? I have seen people getting ppr2 after 20 days of receipt at LVO.

Regards,