08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
prospective said:
By the grace of Allah, my parents and well wishers, we have got our passports back with visa and COPR docs.
Buhat Buhat Mubarak ho. :) :)

KUKOO

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
I :)want to share one of forum member exp...
Our landing experience!

Yesterday, finally we had landed at Toronto Pearson airport.

Lets start with few words about airline. Against the advises of all friends, we had chosen Egypt Air to travel due to cost (5 passengers US$4,100/- return). There were various opinions about Egypt Air; not good air line as per safety view, no good staff, no good handling during flight (one had told that there's always water shortage during flight etc.). However, we have a pleasant experience, new 777-300 ER planes from Dubai to Cairo (3hrs) and then Cairo to Toronto (11hr flight). They accepted 2 pieces of luggage (23kg each so total of 46 kg per pax) plus 8-10kg of hand bag incl children allowance. So as a family of 5 we carried 6 hand pcs. At Cairo, there was 8 hrs stay so Egypt Air provided a 4* star hotel (free visa on arrival) and hotel pick & drop along with good dinner; all inclusive in airline ticket with no extra charge. Ground staff insisted to take rest with great hospitality. The onboard staff was very cooperative and food, water, kids meal, juices, etc served thru all the 11 hrs duration without fail. So, over all its a pleasant experience (we thought of this as PIA of Egypt) but the service standard was as matching as UAE's Emirates! Only issue with ground staff was their English language skills, I hope that it would be improved in years to come but Egyptians are very soft & nice friendly people!

At Pearson, the process was very smooth. No need of filling PR card forms in advance. The immigration officer (a lady of hardly 24 years & Muslim) had guided to new immigration counter & there another lady (again very young) had done the paper work within 5-10 minutes (may be due to an infant with us) and completed our formalities quickly! She said, 'you will get your PR cards in 60 days!'

Another pleasant experience, was at with CBSA counter. With 9 pieces of 62" baggage and almost 8 hand carry bags on 3 trolleys, the CBSA officer while holding dual copies of B4A forms with printed lists, had asked us only about photos of jewelry that would be shipped later. We didn't had that, so he informed us that "Pl go ahead now and bring the photos later (say in next 10-11 months) and complete your customs process (means handing over the stamped form of GOODS TO FOLLOW) then." So in next 5 minutes, we were out of airport with pleasant surprise! No bag was touched by custom officer!!!!

Just out of airport, with so much baggage, we were not able to accommodated in our friend's car. Police man standing there came forward and asked a taxi driver to take all our luggage in one taxi (though as per law only limited bags are allowed) and hence just for CAD$45 he took all out stuff in one go to our friend's place close to Etobicoke! Thanks to Canada Police Officer!

As Egypt Air staff had given us good seats (helping us to get seats where no other was booked, so each took three seats to sleep peacefully), hence after keeping our luggage & kids at friend's place, we proceeded to Services Canada office and started working f or our SIN. Canadians appeared to be very friendly and hence the lady at SIN office, guided us to another lady where we completed our SIN (only passport & COPR stamped by immigration officer, is required) process. The lady also handed over printed material to get social benefits claims for kids, if we want to for which we are not interested in. So we politely refused that as of now we are not interested in any social benefits for kids.

Around 12:30 CAD time, we moved to TD bank office to open our account. TD is offering new account (maintaining CAD5,000 average balance monthly) holders with a Samsung 7" tablet, so me & my husband had opened our account in 30 minutes, our debit card, cash deposit, locker, cheque book request (will get in next 7 working days) all done during that time even we were given preference to deposit cash though there were many standing in a que! Very friendly staff and nice experience there but that time were we tired!

My husband wanted to go back home but I insisted to talk to Estate Agent to complete the flat renting process, means signing the lease/contract. Before, arrival, we had (with the help of our friend plus Internet surfing) had chosen the flat (our friend had shown us the live photos of flat thru Skype) and deposited a bank's Pay Order to book the flat. The lady over there was very friendly, with our passport & COPR copy, she has handed over the lease contract (2 bed ground floor apt in Etobicoke for CAD$ 950/- month incl of hydro) and thats it, she gave us the flat keys and walked with us towards flat to inspect if anything further is required as part of flat maintenance. That's all with keys, we have our flat on our first day in Canada! Thanks to Canadian system its very friendly, smooth, & helping to newly landed immigrants!

Again, I wanted to take a SIM card, so we visited nearby shopping mall, Wall Mart, to get Chatr SIM. Their new offer is $20 pm with Ontario wide calls/text free and we have our new phone SIM in next 15 minutes.

I hope that we had done many things on our first day, so we returned back to our friends' place. Overall, weather is too good unlike UAE. It's like Dec or Jan UAE's weather, nice cool breeze and cloudy sky; a time to sit out side in lawn and enjoy! Canada is a lovely place, lush green parks, wide roads, organized system, no humidity, and friendly people! 'Thank you' and word of 'my apology' often used!

The only thing we missed is our Roza, as it is Ramadan, but we were passengers and in Dubai it was hot summer with 50 deg centigrade and handling of luggage, kids, and transportation was little difficult with fasting. Inshallah from tomorrow onward we will start fasting as we have visited the nearby Mosque to send our two kids for Holy Quran learning's!

While moving out of Dubai's home, I had prayed to Allah that 'O Lord! please make our this journey as easy as possible -as I have 3 kids- and successful as leaving our Dubai home is a tough decision (as my husband is leaving a good lucrative VP level bank job in Dubai but ready to do any sort of job without ego, after all Rizk is given by Allah, salary or job is only a mean) because we had spend 10 years of our sweet life here in this city!' I think Allah has listen to my prayers!

I'd be happy if our landing experience might help others in any way! ;D

Zee81

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
20-May-2010 (Sent 05-07-2010)
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Provided with documents
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
10-11-2012 (Case Refused & Re-opened in Aug. 2012)
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 26-06-2013 ; PPR-2 30-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013 (Calgary, AB)
prospective said:
By the grace of Allah, my parents and well wishers, we have got our passports back with visa and COPR docs.
Congrats Prospective.... Wish you successful life in Canada...

PA5510N

Oct 21, 2011
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah on 03/09/2013
2calgary said:
bro.......did u get PPR2 from RIH too?
yup ... RIH is my VO

Hanasal

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
IOM has booked us for remedial by the end of August. Anyone who has to take a medical exam appointment from IOM Islamabad must hurry as there is a long queue.

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Zee81 said:
Congrats Prospective.... Wish you successful life in Canada...
Thanks!

KUKOO

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
prospective said:
Congratulations.....and bst of luck for the future :) ;D 8)

kindeel

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah 21/03/14
Dear All ........................medical results have been received........has been added to my e cas............ does this means that I passed the Medical Exam and everything is ok?

Regards

Kindeel

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
kindeel said:
Dear All ........................medical results have been received........has been added to my e cas............ does this means that I passed the Medical Exam and everything is ok?

Regards

Kindeel
Congratulations Kindeel,

Another milestone crossed..

Yes, and now pray hard for PPR1.

Regards,

Nashe

coollover

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
AoA,

dear friends, i have done medical in March 20, 13 from LHR. and reached LVO on 04-04-13.. status updated with in one week "that medical have been received". other documents and Landing fee reached there on 12-04-13..

kindly tell me how much time it takes to my PPR1 and PPR2..

regards,

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Yes, It looks so.
kindeel said:

Regards

Kindeel

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
coollover said:
AoA,

dear friends, i have done medical in March 20, 13 from LHR. and reached LVO on 04-04-13.. status updated with in one week "that medical have been received". other documents and Landing fee reached there on 12-04-13..

kindly tell me how much time it takes to my PPR1 and PPR2..

regards,
it is due, just matter of days and review of VO for all ur papers finally.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
kindeel said:

Regards

Kindeel
YES, get ready for PPR1