PPR1: 16-10-2012, PPR2: 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-12-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH March 2013
khalidcivil said:
Landing and Settling Experience

Dear fellows!

After issuance of visa, I traveled to Toronto from Islamabad on 21st December 2012. I took the PIA non-stop flight from Islamabad. Against the general perception, the flight was right on schedule and in flight services were quite satisfactory as well. The flight time was 14 hours.

Before landing in Toronto, the airline staff distributed a CBSA form to be filled by all passengers. The form contained information regarding the cash in excess of 10,000 dollars one is carrying, duration of visit etc. If one is carrying more than 10, 000 dollars, it is to be declared in this form and the same form is to be submitted by the immigrant at the airport to CBSA officials.

All processes at Airport went very smoothly. The immigrants landing for the first time were directed to the immigration staff for interview. The interview lasted for a few minutes with general info about family and profession etc. There was no question asked about the POF. The officer just asked about the total amount of dollars available to me for settling in Canada and entered that amount in COPR form. After completing the formalities and taking my address in Toronto, I was asked to sign the COPR form. The whole process took about 10 minutes. The officer also confirmed that I will receive PR card within 6 weeks time at the given address.

After the immigration counter, I attended the CBSA counter where I presented the lists of “goods accompanying” and “goods to follow”. They entered details in their system, stamped the lists and returned one copy to me. At the same counter, I handed over the form I received in the plan to CBSA officials. Again, there was no question asked about POF here as well.

Behavior of both Immigration and CBSA officials was friendly and helping. They always started the conversation by welcoming to Canada.

On the next working day, I went to a Canadian bank (TD bank) for opening account. The bank is well known in Canada with presence in all cities. I opened the basic account with a un-secured Visa Credit card of 500 $ limit. The whole process of opening account was completed in 30 minutes and against the bank stay was very co-operative. On the same day, I went to Service Canada office for getting the SIN number. The process there was very simple and completed in few minutes. They issued SIN number to me at the spot and also confirmed that SIN card will be delivered at my address within 15 days.

The most important thing to share with all of you is regarding driving license. I brought a letter of Authentication / NOC from district licensing issuing Authority in Pakistan for confirmation of my driving license validity and experience. I attended the Ontario Transportation Authority office and presented letter of authentication, original Pakistani license, passport and landing form. The officials accepted my previous driving experience in Pakistan and declared me eligible for class G driving license subject to clearing the written test and road test. Immediately after the process, I appeared for written test in the same office. The test was about traffic rules and signs in Canada. I managed to pass the test and afterwards got a date for practical road test. The important point is that the NOC I brought from Pakistan saved a lot of time and effort on my part as otherwise the licensing officials always ask for a letter of Authentication from for driving license from Pakistani Consulate in Toronto. Getting the letter from Pak Consulate involves not only fee payment but will also waste one full day. Thanks to the advice of our fellow forum member “Lala Ji” and help from “Cocknbull”, I brought the NOC from Pakistan.

Based on my experience, I would advise all fellow members not to worry about the procedures at airport and other preliminary things such opening bank account, SIN etc. The system is very effective and people are friendly. So you wouldn't face any trouble. Just remember to bring dresses for the cold summer as snowfall has already started in Toronto and other areas as well.
Thank you for sharing such an informative post. Wish you a happy and contended life in Canada. I am going to send you PM shortly (I understand that you would be busy in settlement arrangements, but when you get some time please look at it).

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
khalidcivil said:

Dear fellows!

After issuance of visa, I traveled to Toronto from Islamabad on 21st December 2012. I took the PIA non-stop flight from Islamabad. Against the general perception, the flight was right on schedule and in flight services were quite satisfactory as well. The flight time was 14 hours.

The most important thing to share with all of you is regarding driving license. I brought a letter of Authentication / NOC from district licensing issuing Authority in Pakistan for confirmation of my driving license validity and experience. I attended the Ontario Transportation Authority office and presented letter of authentication, original Pakistani license, passport and landing form. The officials accepted my previous driving experience in Pakistan and declared me eligible for class G driving license subject to clearing the written test and road test. Immediately after the process, I appeared for written test in the same office. The test was about traffic rules and signs in Canada. I managed to pass the test and afterwards got a date for practical road test. The important point is that the NOC I brought from Pakistan saved a lot of time and effort on my part as otherwise the licensing officials always ask for a letter of Authentication from for driving license from Pakistani Consulate in Toronto. Getting the letter from Pak Consulate involves not only fee payment but will also waste one full day. Thanks to the advice of our fellow forum member “Lala Ji” and help from “Cocknbull”, I brought the NOC from Pakistan.

Based on my experience, I would advise all fellow members not to worry about the procedures at airport and other preliminary things such opening bank account, SIN etc. The system is very effective and people are friendly. So you wouldn't face any trouble. Just remember to bring dresses for the cold summer as snowfall has already started in Toronto and other areas as well.
Congratulations and +1 for this informative post!
Regards,

Nashe

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
khalidcivil said:

Dear fellows!

Before landing in Toronto, the airline staff distributed a CBSA form to be filled by all passengers. The form contained information regarding the cash in excess of 10,000 dollars one is carrying, duration of visit etc. If one is carrying more than 10, 000 dollars, it is to be declared in this form and the same form is to be submitted by the immigrant at the airport to CBSA officials.

All processes at Airport went very smoothly. The immigrants landing for the first time were directed to the immigration staff for interview. The interview lasted for a few minutes with general info about family and profession etc. There was no question asked about the POF. The officer just asked about the total amount of dollars available to me for settling in Canada and entered that amount in COPR form. After completing the formalities and taking my address in Toronto, I was asked to sign the COPR form. The whole process took about 10 minutes. The officer also confirmed that I will receive PR card within 6 weeks time at the given address.

After the immigration counter, I attended the CBSA counter where I presented the lists of “goods accompanying” and “goods to follow”. They entered details in their system, stamped the lists and returned one copy to me. At the same counter, I handed over the form I received in the plan to CBSA officials. Again, there was no question asked about POF here as well.

Behavior of both Immigration and CBSA officials was friendly and helping. They always started the conversation by welcoming to Canada.

On the next working day, I went to a Canadian bank (TD bank) for opening account. The bank is well known in Canada with presence in all cities. I opened the basic account with a un-secured Visa Credit card of 500 $ limit. The whole process of opening account was completed in 30 minutes and against the bank stay was very co-operative. On the same day, I went to Service Canada office for getting the SIN number. The process there was very simple and completed in few minutes. They issued SIN number to me at the spot and also confirmed that SIN card will be delivered at my address within 15 days.

Thanks for informative and courgeous post .Wish you all the best and remember us in prayers to see you there soon.InshaAllah

ARTARAR

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Lahore,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 24, 2009
Doc's Request.
January 30, 2010
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
July 27, 2010
Med's Request
March 13,2012
Med's Done....
April 18, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-12
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
Hi Dear Seniors,
please advise me that how to register myself to IOM session....
Thanks

now

VIP Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
already sent
Nomination.....
[img]http://canflag.com/images/canflag/ani1/cf2.gif[/img]
AOR Received.
PER, 15.12.2011
IELTS Request
sent, 8 bands
Med's Request
Med's Done....
1.6.2012 Meds. delivered: 25.6.12. Meds.rec. line on ecas:29.7.12
Passport Req..
PPR 1 16.11.2012 :) DM:19.11 12 PPR 2:10.01.13
VISA ISSUED...
10.01.2013 :) Received, 7.02.13
LANDED..........
kml2706 said:
in my case from same LVO but i received it having initials of different Visa officer...

WS
thanks

MaryLou18

May 6, 2011
AsalamoAlaikum:

I am extremely pleased and grateful to Allah that we received our PPTs and COPR this morning. Over the last three years I have been a silent yet avid reader of this foru
. I have obtained extremely valuable information through the posts of members on this forum which was especially helpful in my case ask I had not acquired the services of an immigration consultant. We are planning to land in Toronto around end of February. We are extremely lucky to have family settled in Canada and the U.S for the last many years who are eager to support us in every way possible. Just for purposes of closure and info for other members, our timeline is as follows:

Federal skilled worker category, NOC 4131
Application to CHC Sydney: nov 2009
Doc request: Jan 2010
Full doc sent: march 2010
File sent to London VO: June 2012
1st email enquiry: dec 2012 - reply file in process cannot estimate processing time
Medical Request: Feb 06th 2012
Medicals done: Mar 07th 2012
Medicals recd: Mar 13th 2012
PPR1 email: Oct 05th 2012
PPR2 email: Nov 23rd 2012
Passports mailed: Dec 17th 2012
Passports recd with PR Visa and COPR: Dec 26th 2012
Landing: end of Feb 2013 InshAllah

Our prayers are with all other immigration aspirants. Allah is the most merciful and it is only HE to whom we can turn for assistance and Who defines our fate. Allah is indeed the Greatest.

aslm101

Nov 13, 2012
Dear C&B , arslanAhmed and others,

Will you please elaborate, what does Stamped Visa mean? DO IVO paste visa and put any stamp on it?

Thank you,

arsalanahmed

Feb 27, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
File Transfer...
27-Jul-2010
Med's Request
14-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-Apr-2012
Interview........
Its waived for sure
Passport Req..
PPR1: 16-10-2012, PPR2: 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-12-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH March 2013
aslm101 said:
Dear C&B , arslanAhmed and others,

Will you please elaborate, what does Stamped Visa mean? DO IVO paste visa and put any stamp on it?

Thank you,
Dear Friend
To be very frank, I dont remember whether visa is actually stamped or pasted (I think its a sticker that is pasted on passport page with no picture). So dont need to worry about the detail. when you get visa it also got your CORP. CORP contain all relevant information (you photo ID and other detail like eye color, weight etc.)

zubbair

Jan 28, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan-2013
khalidcivil said:

Dear fellows!

Thanx alot Khalid for sharing ur experience,wish u a very good luck

Harri

Feb 24, 2008
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
Med's Request
24 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
24 March 2012
Interview........
No news
Passport Req..
PPR1 7 Nov 2012, PPR2 3rd Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
14 Feb 2013, Calgary
MaryLou18 said:
AsalamoAlaikum:

I am extremely pleased and grateful to Allah that we received our PPTs and COPR this morning. Over the last three years I have been a silent yet avid reader of this foru
. I have obtained extremely valuable information through the posts of members on this forum which was especially helpful in my case ask I had not acquired the services of an immigration consultant. We are planning to land in Toronto around end of February. We are extremely lucky to have family settled in Canada and the U.S for the last many years who are eager to support us in every way possible. Just for purposes of closure and info for other members, our timeline is as follows:

Federal skilled worker category, NOC 4131
Application to CHC Sydney: nov 2009
Doc request: Jan 2010
Full doc sent: march 2010
File sent to London VO: June 2012
1st email enquiry: dec 2012 - reply file in process cannot estimate processing time
Medical Request: Feb 06th 2012
Medicals done: Mar 07th 2012
Medicals recd: Mar 13th 2012
PPR1 email: Oct 05th 2012
PPR2 email: Nov 23rd 2012
Passports mailed: Dec 17th 2012
Passports recd with PR Visa and COPR: Dec 26th 2012
Landing: end of Feb 2013 InshAllah

Our prayers are with all other immigration aspirants. Allah is the most merciful and it is only HE to whom we can turn for assistance and Who defines our fate. Allah is indeed the Greatest.
Hearty Congrats to you on your Visa, your and my timelines are quite similar, I am also landing in Feb 2013. I am heading to Calgary AB. May I know which city you are planning to land?

abkhwaja

Dec 19, 2012
Hello everyone!

I was hoping to connect with everyone who got their medicals done in December 2012. This way we can monitor and see how long it is taking for PPR1 for such applicants.

I got my medicals done on Dec 10 at Karachi. Everyone else who got their medicals done in December share your dates and status please!

All the best to everyone.

AB

P.S. How about we start a group email? that way we can stay in touch with each other too. My email is abdullahb@outlook.com

Phobos

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-07-10
AOR Received.
28-07-10
Med's Request
05-03-12
Med's Done....
18-04-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-12
LANDED..........
23-01-13
Ghulam Hasnain said:
I am from Karachi,
We attended the session on 23 December 2012. Very informative and useful session. The facilitator shared her personal experiences which were very helpful in understanding what to expect and how to cope up with the new culture and environment. Orientation with Canadian system was also very helpful coupled with the handouts and necessary forms needed to fill out re goods we are carrying and goods to follow. The arrangement at Hotel Mehran was also good and food was fresh and healthy. The chance to meet other prospective immigrants, sharing each others experiences and Q & A sessions on continual basis were not only worth appreciation but also helped in developing learning curve for making the positive move. Thumbs up to IOM and thank you.
I also had the privilege of attending IOM pre-departure orientation session for Canada in Karachi on 23rd December. I gained a lot of useful information. For the benefit of others, I am listing down some useful stuff that I didn't learn from posts of qorax or any expert before:

- When filling out B4E and B4A, it is better if you segregate your list according to you baggage. While doing landing, sometimes immigration officer at the Canadian airport asks about the content of one particular baggage. If you do not have the answer readily, the officer may not be pleased and he/she may ask you to open it, which becomes a big hassle. Its better to be more organized and know the content of each of your luggage. The best way to do it is list your times in B4E and B4A accordingly.

- For those who want to return before getting PR Card, it is possible to get Travel document even before you go to Canada (We already know that travel document can be requested while in Canada, and after coming back to our country, but getting it before, was something new to me). It seems much more safer to me. Although, I am a bit skeptical about it, but I will try to get it confirmed, since I myself have to come back early.

- If you are landing in Canada before April, try to file your tax returns even if your income is zero (30th April is last date for submission of prior year's tax returns). It will help you as you get listed in their tax system, and you can claim your tax benefits next year more easily, as compared to people who are listing in for the first time.

- When getting your short term health insurance, make sure it is not just travel insurance. Travel insurance only covers the travel part. If you get sick after landing in Canada, you won't be able to claim. Ensure it is "short term health insurance" or both.

- Its better to get flu shots before you go to Canada. I have to find more info about it, like what kind of flu shots she meant. I guess its because every place has different strains of flu. If anyone else can explain this point more clearly.

- When you move to your own new home, first thing you need is a Mattress for sleeping. Most people forget it, and when the night time comes, they realize they have a roof but no place to sleep on. The ideal situation is to buy mattresses and have them delivered at your new home the day you move in.

- To get good cheap stuff, Sears and Walmart are best places. Also keep a look out for move out sales (forgot what it is correctly called). When people move out to new places, they usually sell out their stuff at dirt cheap prices (sometimes even give it for free) because it is expensive to relocate furniture etc. Keep a look out for such sales, especially while you are still jobless or working an odd job. You can't be spending too much during this time.

fakhirbutt

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
AOR Received.
05-03-2010
IELTS Request
we reviewed your application and started processing on 26 jan 2012
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
Medical Received on 28-05-2012
Med's Done....
Medicals Done on 04-06-2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 received on 25 sep 2012 & PPR2 received on 29 oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
VISA Issued and passports received 14.11.12
LANDED..........
Landing in February
khalidcivil said:

Dear fellows!

Thanks Khalidcivil for such a useful information and please keep carry on sharing ur experience about jobs,accomodation..wish u gud luck..

ARTARAR

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Lahore,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 24, 2009
Doc's Request.
January 30, 2010
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
July 27, 2010
Med's Request
March 13,2012
Med's Done....
April 18, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-12
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
ARTARAR said:
Hi Dear Seniors,
please advise me that how to register myself to IOM session....
Thanks
waiting for advice please...

ublerum

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
8-March 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-Sept-2012 (PPR 1) 26th Oct 2012( PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
7th Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Feb-March 2013 INSHALLAH
ARTARAR said:
waiting for advice please...
send email to iom and attach your Ppr 1 or PPr 2 ..which has your file no. ..you can find the email address in your PPR emails.