+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants waiting for PPR (Stage 1 or 2 letters) from CHC London

sarfarosh9349

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Dear Friends

I send my initial application on 20 Aug 2009. My NOC code is 0213. My Medical was done on 10 April 2012. Some additional travel information information was asked from me alogn with medical which I send to CIC London and it reached to them on 24 May 2012. Since then I havent heard back from them. My Visa Officer is RIH.

Need guidance from senior fellow members how to approach CIC and what should I ask. As I am following forum members and most of them have received PPR1 and I am still waiting for it.

Kindly guide me

Thanks

Jul 21, 2011
sarfarosh9349 said:
Dear Friends

I send my initial application on 20 Aug 2009. My NOC code is 0213. My Medical was done on 10 April 2012. Some additional travel information information was asked from me alogn with medical which I send to CIC London and it reached to them on 24 May 2012. Since then I havent heard back from them. My Visa Officer is RIH.

Need guidance from senior fellow members how to approach CIC and what should I ask. As I am following forum members and most of them have received PPR1 and I am still waiting for it.

Kindly guide me

Thanks
your turn is coming soon but in any case you can send them email..their email is

london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

in email include your full name, file no, date of birth address..

Phobos

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-07-10
AOR Received.
28-07-10
Med's Request
05-03-12
Med's Done....
18-04-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-12
LANDED..........
23-01-13
sarfarosh9349 said:
Dear Friends

Kindly guide me

Thanks
I have exact same story with slightly later dates. You can check them on the left of this post. My VO is different though. I think you should have received medical request by now. Have you gotten 6-12 months wait letter? I think you should definitely write them if you haven't.

I have never raised a CSI before, but I am also thinking of writing CIC too despite having done my medicals. So, other senior members would be able to better guide you on how to raise CSI.

Please share their reply once you get it. I will also send my query sometime later.

kontara

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 28 2016
AOR Received.
23-6-2016
File Transfer...
01-07-2016
Bravo2000 said:
thanks azhar for your response. As i am planing to get admission in CFA/CPA. I heared that these qualification may more helpfull in getting job in canada's market.

You mention CMA Alberta/CGA, do you know how many stages/paper needs to apper for obtaining CGA/CMA-Canada/alberta, if you hold ICMAP complete qualification or partly?

I think the door is also open for finance/accountant to start their own practice, would appreciate comments on it..........

My personal opinion on confidentility issue is that canada is the place where immigrant are coming all around the world, therfore, I would appreciate to discuss to explore more and more in respect of accounts / finance profession

Some rsearch
Writing a Résumé

Your résumé is one of the most important tools you have when looking for a job. This page will help you choose the right type of résumé for your situation. It will also provide you with tips to help you tailor your résumé to the job you're applying for, and to make sure it stands out in a crowd for all the right reasons.

What is a résumé?
Types of résumés
Important information to include in your résumé
Top-10 résumé tips
Other helpful resources

What is a résumé?

A résumé is a short, point-form document that you give to employers to tell them about your work experience, education, and skills. Before you write your résumé, you may want to complete a skills inventory to know what skills you have to offer an employer.

Types of résumés

Depending on your work experience, the job you're applying for, or your personal preference, you may want to use a particular type of résumé. Here are three types of résumés to choose from:

A functional résumé focuses on your skills

If you haven't had a lot of work experience, a functional résumé that focuses on your skills is a good way to market yourself to potential employers.

Instead of focusing on your previous work experience, a skills-focused résumé highlights the transferable skills you gained from previous jobs, activities, experiences, or volunteer work.

It's most commonly used when you've had a large gap in your employment history, or if you have never worked before.

Example of a functional résumé
Template of a functional résumé

A chronological résumé focuses on your experience

Focusing on your work history is one of the more popular ways to structure a résumé. It shows employers all your work experience, focusing on positions you've held and your past responsibilities and accomplishments.

The chronological résumé is organized with your most recent information first. The goal is to give a comprehensive work history, organized by each job you've held. You give your position title, place of employment, how long you worked there, and a breakdown of your responsibilities or accomplishments.

This is a great multi-purpose résumé that works for most job applications, including retail.

Example of a chronological résumé
Template of a chronological résumé

A hybrid résumé is a combination of the two

A hybrid résumé is also known as a combination résumé. It combines the elements of a functional and chronological résumé to create a résumé that focuses heavily on skills, but also includes dates, titles of previous jobs, along with essential information about the position.

This is a good résumé to use when you want to prioritize your skills but also demonstrate how your career has evolved.

Example of a hybrid résumé
Template of a hybrid résumé

Important information to include in your résumé

There are a variety of different headings you can use in your résumé, depending on what type of résumé you choose to write.

However, regardless of the type of résumé you choose, here are three of the most important things it should include:

Your personal information

The first thing your employer should see when looking at your résumé is your name. Make sure it is clear, stands out, and is easy to read.

Your résumé should include your full address, contact phone numbers, and an e-mail address that incorporates your first and last name.

Things you should not include on your résumé:
•your height, age, weight
•a photo of yourself
•your Social Insurance Number

Education

List your education, starting with the most recent, and work backwards from there. Include the name of the school, the city or town where each school you attended is located (secondary and beyond), and the years you completed.

Be sure to list any certificates or diplomas you received, including those for mini-courses like computer or software courses, first aid, or any other training that might be useful in the job you are applying for.

Skills and experience

Use your résumé to show where you worked, what you learned, and how your skills and experience apply to the job you're applying for. Highlight abilities, skills, and experience that relate to the job you're applying for. These can come from paid or unpaid work, volunteer experience, and even hobbies.

If all of your experience is in an unrelated field to the job you're applying for, focus on the transferable skills you learned that can be applied to the new job you're applying for.

When listing your work experience, include the location (city, province) and the dates you worked (month, year) for each job or volunteer position. Use action words to describe what you did in the positions you held. Focus on the top-five duties for each job.

Other relevant information

You may also want to include your job goals, the languages you speak, or any relevant achievements or awards. You can also include interests or activities that say something positive about you. Don't forget, however, that the point of your résumé is to show why you are the right person for the job.

There are no official rules for what headings you should include on your résumé. Just remember to keep it concise, with the most important information at the top.

For example:
•Let's say you are applying for a job in software development and, although you have never worked in that field, you have a diploma in software engineering. In this case, be sure to put your education section at the top.
•If you are applying to work in the food services industry and you have a lot of experience working in restaurants, be sure to list that information before your education details.

Top-10 résumé tips
1.Think ahead. If you wait until the last minute to hand in your résumé, you could miss the deadline and risk not being considered for the job.
2.Tailor your résumé. Include information on your résumé associated with the job you are applying for.
3.Chunk it out. If there is a lot of information, break it into separate sections with specific headings.
4.Use action words. Focus on things you have accomplished, and avoid starting every sentence with “I”.
5.Proofread. Never rely on spell check.
6.Repeat Tip 5. Seriously, even one misspelled word could put you in the “do not consider” pile.
7.Make it presentable. Make sure your résumé looks clean and organized. Use white, letter-sized paper (8.5 x 11-inch) and a font that's easy to read, like Times New Roman or Arial.
8.Keep it concise. Try to keep your résumé as short as possible—ideally one page, two pages maximum.
9.Be honest. Lying on your résumé is never a good idea. Many people who lie on their applications end up losing their jobs when their employers find out the truth.
10.Be professional. Remember, this is a business document, so don't include unnecessary embellishments like flashy paper or a picture of yourself.

Other helpful resources
•Writing a cover letter
•Choosing references
•Preparing for a job interview
•Create a Job Bank account and use Service Canada's Résumé Builder

arsalanahmed

Feb 27, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
File Transfer...
27-Jul-2010
Med's Request
14-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-Apr-2012
Interview........
Its waived for sure
Passport Req..
PPR1: 16-10-2012, PPR2: 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-12-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH March 2013
canada1234 said:
Informative Post regarding Jobs in Canada.

After 11 months of relentless pursuit and struggles, I have managed to land in my first full-time job last week. Yes its a good news, notwithstanding the enormous pressure me and my wife had to go through after landing. In fact, by Oct end we had just 500 dollars as balance in our account, and
Source:-http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/1-year-after-landing-in-toronto-t96300.0.html
Thanks for sharing this information +1

An architect

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Hi forum members ....

Has any one from Pakistan got oreginal passport request directly instead of the two stages of ppr1 and ppr2 ???

zubbair

Jan 28, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan-2013
An architect said:
Hi forum members ....

Has any one from Pakistan got oreginal passport request directly instead of the two stages of ppr1 and ppr2 ???
No! first PPR1 comes when u send ur passport copy along with updated information chart and recent pix of each family members,chc london sends COPRS to Islamabad office.then u will receive PPR2.Islamabad office cant issue visa without instructions from london office that is clearly written on PPR1 letter.

zubbair

Jan 28, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan-2013
canada1234 said:
Informative Post regarding Jobs in Canada.

After 11 months of relentless pursuit and struggles, I have managed to land in my first full-time job last week. Yes its a good news, notwithstanding the enormous pressure me and my wife had to go through after landing. In fact, by Oct end we had just 500 dollars as balance in our account, and was almost on the verge of returning back to Dubai. Despite my mid to senior management experience, spanning over 9 years in Strategic HR

That being said, I feel privileged to live here so far..and I love Canada Smiley.

Source:-http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/1-year-after-landing-in-toronto-t96300.0.html
Very informative post,thanx for posting.i like in the end he says I love Canada :)

zubbair

Jan 28, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan-2013
sarfarosh9349 said:
Dear Friends

Kindly guide me

Thanks
There is no harm in sending case inquiry once in every month,there r many other members who have got ppr just after sending email to London.but once in a month is OK!

zubbair

Jan 28, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan-2013
libraleopk said:
Alhamdulillah, ive received ppr2 this weekend. Thanks to all forum members and best wishes for early completion of processing. I have few childish questions at this stage , pls help me im really confused
1. Can i just make an entry and come back within a week after issuance of visa. If yes how to re enter again in canada without pr.
2. We are expecting addition in the family and expected date is mid of next month what will be the case of newborn? If visas are issued before birth can we land there at this stage? Im really confused.
3. What if wife and children couldnt land within validity of visa can it be extended due to this genuine reason
4. Is it compulsory for children under 7 to make an entry
5. Can i land anywhere or at declared p.o.e.
6. Can i take euros and usd as proof of funds instead of cad and are these currencies are accepted in markets airport etc.

Please do answer as i dont know what to do when it seem to be so near
Congrats for PPR2

discreet

Apr 25, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2011
AOR Received.
PER: 16/08/2011 AOR: not recieved
IELTS Request
submited with application
File Transfer...
RBVO: 17/09/2011 INPROCESS: 22/12/2011 Addition of newborn within 45 days: 22/12/2011
Med's Request
10/02/2012
Med's Done....
16/02
Passport Req..
PPR 1: 03/04/12 PPR 2: 25/4/12 via email
VISA ISSUED...
recieved on 08.05.12
LANDED..........
July 2012
libraleopk said:
Alhamdulillah, ive received ppr2 this weekend. Thanks to all forum members and best wishes for early completion of processing. I have few childish questions at this stage , pls help me im really confused
1. Can i just make an entry and come back within a week after issuance of visa. If yes how to re enter again in canada without pr.
2. We are expecting addition in the family and expected date is mid of next month what will be the case of newborn? If visas are issued before birth can we land there at this stage? Im really confused. U should inform visa office about it, this will dely ur visa. But i guess it would be good for ur family. If u don't want to inform as u aleady have recieved PPR2, then better u recieve visa and complete landing before delivery. otherwise there will be complications.
3. What if wife and children couldnt land within validity of visa can it be extended due to this genuine reason. Please note All family members required to land within the validty of visa. If not completed PR will be lost and you have to start from zero. I mean new application.
4. Is it compulsory for children under 7 to make an entry. Yes, for every one either of 1 day old
5. Can i land anywhere or at declared p.o.e. Can land any where, but not allowed to live in Quebic.
6. Can i take euros and usd as proof of funds instead of cad and are these currencies are accepted in markets airport etc.

Please do answer as i dont know what to do when it seem to be so near
Please note....if u want to land before delivery then don't land in Ontario as here medical coverage start after 3 month of landing. there are some other provinces where medical coverage start immediate after landing.

An architect

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
zubbair said:
No! first PPR1 comes when u send ur passport copy along with updated information chart and recent pix of each family members,chc london sends COPRS to Islamabad office.then u will receive PPR2.Islamabad office cant issue visa without instructions from london office that is clearly written on PPR1 letter.
Thanx zubbair for the info

libraleopk

Aug 23, 2010
discreet said:
Please note....if u want to land before delivery then don't land in Ontario as here medical coverage start after 3 month of landing. there are some other provinces where medical coverage start immediate after landing.
Thanks for your reply discretee actually no airline will allow to travel after six month. Is there any possibility that i with kids make a short entry and then inform visa office about her condition.

arifjahangir

Apr 19, 2012
Dear Seniors,

I have received direct passport request but the problem is I am residing in Pakistan and cannot send my passports to London Visa office by Courier as this is the law of Pakistan. Please help in advising what should I do.

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
zubbair said:
Congrats Umair,ur time line shows that next is my turn for ppr2 :)
Certainly I am waiting for your good news with Sweets

Best of Luck