File Transfer...
Med's Request
February, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Interview........
June, 2013
Aoa forum friends,

I am writing to you to inquire about my situation because I am really confused and can really use help from expert members here.

My father applied for immigration in 2009 in the Federally Skilled Worker Class category. He is a University Professor. At that time, I was 19 years old and was a dependent. In January, 2012, we got the Medical papers for the complete family and now I am over the age of 22. When the CHC asked for Medicals, they also sent us new application documents to be filled. In those documents, I mentioned having graduated (completed Bachelors) in 2011 and subsequent employment in a company and quitting my job after a few months, working as a freelance worker currently. I also mentioned my intended occupation as "IT Professional" when I land in Canada.

After sending the applications with Medical documents, we haven't heard back from CHC up till now. I just got to know that if the dependent child gets over the age of 22, he should not marry and give proof of still being enrolled in an educational institution to qualify as the dependent of the principal applicant. I have mentioned otherwise and I am now worrying if I will be out of the application or still considered part of it given the fact that I am not studying at the moment and working as a Freelancer.

I am really confused about my current status and not sure about what CHC will do with my status now. Will they still consider me as a dependent child (given that I was one at the time of the application) or will they not allow me to immigrate because I'm over 22 and not studying anymore.

Please help me since I'm really confused about my current status. I don't want to be left out of the application just because CIC decided to delay the application enough. Any input on this would be great help.

Thank you.

arsalanahmed

Feb 27, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
File Transfer...
27-Jul-2010
Med's Request
14-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-Apr-2012
Interview........
Its waived for sure
Passport Req..
PPR1: 16-10-2012, PPR2: 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-12-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH March 2013
doct88 said:
Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all, who have received Medicals and PPR-1&2 recently.

By the grace of God, final step of my Application has been completed today. I received my
passport with visa stamped today. Passports reached Islamabad on 13-09-2012.

Thanks everyone for their help and support.

And i wish everyone goodluck with further processing of their application.
Congratulations....

arsalanahmed

Feb 27, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
File Transfer...
27-Jul-2010
Med's Request
14-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-Apr-2012
Interview........
Its waived for sure
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
8-12-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH March 2013
khalid h said:
My friend
I am dead against to apply via consultant, just spend sometime in studying this instruction guide and most of the questions will be answered, if still you have questions you can get help on this forum but first read it thoroughly.
Consultant can never put that much care and effort in your case as you will do.

Good luck
thats very true... at least i personally know about one of this forum member who is much informative then his/her consultant :). consultants are good for those who got no time to go through these forums. If you have some spare time... i would strongly recommend to apply by yourself.

arsalanahmed

Feb 27, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
File Transfer...
27-Jul-2010
Med's Request
14-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-Apr-2012
Interview........
Its waived for sure
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
8-12-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH March 2013
mzb said:
oh got it....he was doct9999........... :D
By the way i was confused too...but went through older posts :)

arsalanahmed

Feb 27, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
File Transfer...
27-Jul-2010
Med's Request
14-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-Apr-2012
Interview........
Its waived for sure
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
8-12-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH March 2013
farhaniqbal said:
I submitted the Passport photocopies and pictures and other stuff to London office in compliance to PPR1. My courier tracking shows that ship was received by AZIZ. Is there anybody else, whose shipment was received by this name???
I havent.... but I remember couple of guys on this forum who got receiving by AZIZ.

RFarooqi

Jul 21, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London Program Assistant-RIH
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
No- But i sent with 7 Bands
File Transfer...
21-04-2011 Additional Doc request on 21-05-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012, Delivered To LVO 20-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 30-10-2012, PPR-2 16-11-2012, Passports at CHC ISD 19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
Seat Confirmed 25th December 2012
farhaniqbal said:
I submitted the Passport photocopies and pictures and other stuff to London office in compliance to PPR1. My courier tracking shows that ship was received by AZIZ. Is there anybody else, whose shipment was received by this name???
my medical report was received by this person

RFarooqi

Jul 21, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London Program Assistant-RIH
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
No- But i sent with 7 Bands
File Transfer...
21-04-2011 Additional Doc request on 21-05-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012, Delivered To LVO 20-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 30-10-2012, PPR-2 16-11-2012, Passports at CHC ISD 19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
Seat Confirmed 25th December 2012
MrUSK said:
Aoa forum friends,

I am writing to you to inquire about my situation because I am really confused and can really use help from expert members here.

My father applied for immigration in 2009 in the Federally Skilled Worker Class category. He is a University Professor. At that time, I was 19 years old and was a dependent. In January, 2012, we got the Medical papers for the complete family and now I am over the age of 22. When the CHC asked for Medicals, they also sent us new application documents to be filled. In those documents, I mentioned having graduated (completed Bachelors) in 2011 and subsequent employment in a company and quitting my job after a few months, working as a freelance worker currently. I also mentioned my intended occupation as "IT Professional" when I land in Canada.

After sending the applications with Medical documents, we haven't heard back from CHC up till now. I just got to know that if the dependent child gets over the age of 22, he should not marry and give proof of still being enrolled in an educational institution to qualify as the dependent of the principal applicant. I have mentioned otherwise and I am now worrying if I will be out of the application or still considered part of it given the fact that I am not studying at the moment and working as a Freelancer.

I am really confused about my current status and not sure about what CHC will do with my status now. Will they still consider me as a dependent child (given that I was one at the time of the application) or will they not allow me to immigrate because I'm over 22 and not studying anymore.

Please help me since I'm really confused about my current status. I don't want to be left out of the application just because CIC decided to delay the application enough. Any input on this would be great help.

Thank you.
you are still dependent even you are not student. so no worries, but Principle applicant age factor can be a problem. what is age of your father? if above 49 then you should worry

KAdnan

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]CHC London [img]http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/rotateflag.gif[/img]
NOC Code......
[b]S.I.N.P
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 August 2011
Doc's Request.
12 January 2012
Nomination.....
11 March 2011
AOR Received.
19 Sept 2011
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
18 April 2012
Med's Done....
11 May 2012
Passport Req..
[b]PPR1. 31st Jan 2013, DM. 25th Feb 2013, PPR2. 4th March 2013, PPT Received ISB 07th March..
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2013
LANDED..........
[b]07 May 2013
I have received this email from London Office....

Dear Mr. ABC,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the provincial nominee class.

I have reviewed your application and all of the information you have provided in support of it and it appears that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

The provincial nominee class is an economic immigrant category. Economic immigrants are defined on Citizenship and Immigration's official website (www.cic.gc.ca) as being "selected for their skills and ability to contribute to the Canadian economy." Subsection 87 of Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) describes the provincial nominee class as "a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada" and who "are named in a nomination certificate issued by the government of a province under a provincial nomination agreement between that province and the Minister; and ... intend to reside in the province that has nominated them." The definition of provincial nominees is further explained on www.cic.gc.ca as "Economic immigrants selected by a province or territory for specific skills that will contribute to the local economy to meet specific labour market needs." In order for applicants to become economically established it is therefore expected that they will be able to obtain employment in Canada. Nominations issued by provinces are considered as initial evidence that nominees have the ability to become economically established in Canada and will be of economic benefit to the province and have met the requirements of the province’s Provincial Nominee Program. Canada is responsible for exercising the final selection authority and ensuring that applicants admitted under the program have met the requirements for membership in the economic class. Notwithstanding your nomination by a province or territory, I am not satisfied that the information provided with your permanent residence application indicates you have the ability to become economically established in Canada or that you otherwise meet the definition of a provincial nominee as per Subsection 87 of the IRPR.

You were nominated in the Family stream of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). We have received notification that your relative in Saskatchewan, Mr. Brother-In-Law, no longer supports your application to come to Canada. As the relative who initially assisted you to become nominated under the SINP no longer supports you, I am not satisfied that you would intend to reside in Saskatchewan or indeed that your initial nomination under the SINP would still be considered valid.

A copy of this letter is also being sent to the nominating province to advise of the possible refusal of your application and the reasons for it. The province has 90 days to raise concerns or seek clarification from the visa office regarding the assessment of your application, after which the final decision will be made. If you have further information you wish to have considered, you must submit it within the same 90-day time period.

Sincerely,

Officer

khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing the info.

regards,

mrs. umar said:
For everyone planning to land in the next six months .. this is a good resource. :)

http://www.livingin-canada.com/living-in-canada.html

mrs. umar

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL-LDN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2009
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
August 2010
Med's Request
Feb 2012 --- newborn MR 18th aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 --- newborn MR 28th aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR1- 14th sept 2012!!! sent: 20th sept.... PPR-2: 13th oct!!!
VISA ISSUED...
received 20th October!! Alhamdulillah!
LANDED..........
Inshallah by December 2012
KAdnan said:

Dear Mr. ABC,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the provincial nominee class.

I have reviewed your application and all of the information you have provided in support of it and it appears that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

The provincial nominee class is an economic immigrant category. Economic immigrants are defined on Citizenship and Immigration's official website (www.cic.gc.ca) as being "selected for their skills and ability to contribute to the Canadian economy." Subsection 87 of Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) describes the provincial nominee class as "a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada" and who "are named in a nomination certificate issued by the government of a province under a provincial nomination agreement between that province and the Minister; and ... intend to reside in the province that has nominated them." The definition of provincial nominees is further explained on www.cic.gc.ca as "Economic immigrants selected by a province or territory for specific skills that will contribute to the local economy to meet specific labour market needs." In order for applicants to become economically established it is therefore expected that they will be able to obtain employment in Canada. Nominations issued by provinces are considered as initial evidence that nominees have the ability to become economically established in Canada and will be of economic benefit to the province and have met the requirements of the province's Provincial Nominee Program. Canada is responsible for exercising the final selection authority and ensuring that applicants admitted under the program have met the requirements for membership in the economic class. Notwithstanding your nomination by a province or territory, I am not satisfied that the information provided with your permanent residence application indicates you have the ability to become economically established in Canada or that you otherwise meet the definition of a provincial nominee as per Subsection 87 of the IRPR.

You were nominated in the Family stream of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). We have received notification that your relative in Saskatchewan, Mr. Brother-In-Law, no longer supports your application to come to Canada. As the relative who initially assisted you to become nominated under the SINP no longer supports you, I am not satisfied that you would intend to reside in Saskatchewan or indeed that your initial nomination under the SINP would still be considered valid.

A copy of this letter is also being sent to the nominating province to advise of the possible refusal of your application and the reasons for it. The province has 90 days to raise concerns or seek clarification from the visa office regarding the assessment of your application, after which the final decision will be made. If you have further information you wish to have considered, you must submit it within the same 90-day time period.

Sincerely,

Officer

WHAT IS THIS?? :eek:

But u have already done your medical!!!
and why has your brother in law refused to support you? Is this a misunderstanding?

Rajpar

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 08
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
March, 2009
IELTS Request
July 2009.
File Transfer...
30 th June, 2010
Med's Request
February, 2012
Med's Done....
28th Feb. 2012
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
PPR-1, 27/7/12, PPR-2, 10/09/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22nd August, 2012. Received on 15/09/2012
LANDED..........
on 11th October, 2012.
khalid h said:
I have kept 2 options Markham and Mississauga, final decision will be after visiting and depends where gets a better house with suitable rent with good schools
I intend to fly on 11th of October and stay in Thorn cliff Toronto hope to get flat soon. One of my good friends stays there for last 3 years. Mostly Pakistani, Indian and other Asians live there. Its ironically referred as Isl. Rb. of Thorncliff.

Markon

Sep 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
IELTS Request
Complete Docs: April 2010
File Transfer...
Jan & July 2010
Med's Request
Feb, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 2012 - Updated Doc Sent: April 2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25, Sep 2012 - PPR2 29, Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2012
LANDED..........
Dec, 2012
KAdnan said:

Dear Mr. ABC,

The provincial nominee class is an economic immigrant category. Economic immigrants are defined on Citizenship and Immigration's official website (www.cic.gc.ca) as being "selected for their skills and ability to contribute to the Canadian economy." Subsection 87 of Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) describes the provincial nominee class as "a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada" and who "are named in a nomination certificate issued by the government of a province under a provincial nomination agreement between that province and the Minister; and ... intend to reside in the province that has nominated them." The definition of provincial nominees is further explained on www.cic.gc.ca as "Economic immigrants selected by a province or territory for specific skills that will contribute to the local economy to meet specific labour market needs." In order for applicants to become economically established it is therefore expected that they will be able to obtain employment in Canada. Nominations issued by provinces are considered as initial evidence that nominees have the ability to become economically established in Canada and will be of economic benefit to the province and have met the requirements of the province's Provincial Nominee Program. Canada is responsible for exercising the final selection authority and ensuring that applicants admitted under the program have met the requirements for membership in the economic class. Notwithstanding your nomination by a province or territory, I am not satisfied that the information provided with your permanent residence application indicates you have the ability to become economically established in Canada or that you otherwise meet the definition of a provincial nominee as per Subsection 87 of the IRPR.

Sincerely,

Officer
Has your sponsor actually notified that he does not want to support you ? or is it a misunderstanding.

cyma

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 25, 2009
Doc's Request.
February 3, 2010
Med's Request
March 8,2012
Med's Done....
April 4,2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 received on October 18 (Alhumdolilah).........PPR2 received on November 16 (Alhumdolilah)
LANDED..........
InshaAllah this year or early 2013
arsalanahmed said:
thats very true... at least i personally know about one of this forum member who is much informative then his/her consultant :). consultants are good for those who got no time to go through these forums. If you have some spare time... i would strongly recommend to apply by yourself.
:)

arsalanahmed

Feb 27, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
File Transfer...
27-Jul-2010
Med's Request
14-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-Apr-2012
Interview........
Its waived for sure
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
8-12-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH March 2013
Just got following response on my CSI:

Dear Applicant,

In response to your email, please note that your file is still undergoing routine background checks. Whilst we appreciate that your medical examination results are due to expire on 16-04-2013, we are currently unable to advise when the checks will be completed.

Please note that no further action is required from you at this stage. We will contact you as soon as the results of the background checks have been received.

Yours sincerely,

RIH
Program Assistant

Just hoping for the best and keeping my fingers crossed.... :)

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
arsalanahmed said:
Just got following response on my CSI:

Dear Applicant,

In response to your email, please note that your file is still undergoing routine background checks. Whilst we appreciate that your medical examination results are due to expire on 16-04-2013, we are currently unable to advise when the checks will be completed.

Please note that no further action is required from you at this stage. We will contact you as soon as the results of the background checks have been received.

Yours sincerely,

RIH
Program Assistant

Just hoping for the best and keeping my fingers crossed.... :)
How much to wait? It's already in the 6th month.