Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
usma said:
Alhamdulillah, PPR2 Received. Wish you all good luck for speedy process of your applications.
mubarkaan, nekeol

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
Mabroooooooooooooook usma. gud luck for new journey
saleem

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
muatiq said:
Hi KhiPak,

Thanks for the good work. I did my Re-Medical while i was in Pakistan on 16th August 2013. For me they only requested the re-medicals.

Regards,

Hi..how did you get the appointment of remedical. I went to IOM today and they said, appointments are only given through email..beacsue nobody is there to receive the phone calls perhaps...secondly how is your experience with remadical?? I am also trying to get appointment for remedical next week..thanks

shaziabibi

Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LDN
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2009
Doc's Request.
May, 2009
AOR Received.
August, 2009
File Transfer...
June, 2010
Med's Request
March, 2013
Med's Done....
June, 2013
Interview........
November, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 letter received via e-mail on July 16, 2013, DM Status on August 26, 2013 and finally got PPR2 on August 30, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
October 8, 2013
LANDED..........
19-03-2014
usma said:
Alhamdulillah, PPR2 Received. Wish you all good luck for speedy process of your applications.
CONGRATS

Teh360Geek

Aug 19, 2013
I have a question regarding the airline route from ISB -> Calgary and it would be much appreciated if someone can answer this for me.

The Situation:

I recently received my PPR from LVO and i am thinking of booking tickets for the end of October from Islamabad to Calgary. Yes, i know that this might be a little premature but i'm hopeful that i'll get my PPR2 and visa before November (when my medical expires, inshallah). I've been searching for the most cost effective route possible from pakistan to calgary and after searching a little the following route seems to be the cheapest:

Islamabad to Abu Dhabi <Etihad Airlines>
Abu Dhabi to London <Etihad Airlines>
London to Calgary <American Airlines>

I know that this route is longer than PIA's, i also know this route is more hectic and i'm also aware that etihad will not allow me to take the maximum luggage possible but please understand that i'm simply looking for the most cost effective airline rather than the fastest one. If money was not an issue, i would have chosen to fly directly to Canada on Etihad or Qatar. I also think it would be a great experience to travel to Canada with my family via this route, its not like we'll be going to/from Canada every week. :D

My current calculation of this route :

750$ x 5 = 3750$ x 103Rs = Rs 386250 (Base cost)
100x5 = 500$ x 103Rs = Rs 51500 (cost of 1 extra 23KG bag of luggage per person)

Total Cost of route= 437750
Total cost of PIA's route (asked for travel agent) = 103500x5= 517500 RS

Please let me know if i'm missing anything here? Will i be charged for anything other than the extra bag (american airlines) and a the base ticket?

So my question is this. If i ignore the 27 hour journey and the fact that i'll have to change a flight in London and Abu Dhabi, is there anything i should know about Etihad or American Airlines that would make this a bad decision? I've been searching all day on this forum and haven't seen many people go to Canada via this route, is there any reason behind this other than the length of the journey or the limitation on luggage?

Sorry for this long post and i would greatly appreciate any help.

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teh360Geek said:
I have a question regarding the airline route from ISB -> Calgary and it would be much appreciated if someone can answer this for me.

The Situation:

I recently received my PPR from LVO and i am thinking of booking tickets for the end of October from Islamabad to Calgary. Yes, i know that this might be a little premature but i'm hopeful that i'll get my PPR2 and visa before November (when my medical expires, inshallah). I've been searching for the most cost effective route possible from pakistan to calgary and after searching a little the following route seems to be the cheapest:

I know that this route is longer than PIA's, i also know this route is more hectic and i'm also aware that etihad will not allow me to take the maximum luggage possible but please understand that i'm simply looking for the most cost effective airline rather than the fastest one. If money was not an issue, i would have chosen to fly directly to Canada on Etihad or Qatar. I also think it would be a great experience to travel to Canada with my family via this route, its not like we'll be going to/from Canada every week. :D

My current calculation of this route :

750$ x 5 = 3750$ x 103Rs = Rs 386250 (Base cost)
100x5 = 500$ x 103Rs = Rs 51500 (cost of 1 extra 23KG bag of luggage per person)

Total Cost of route= 437750
Total cost of PIA's route (asked for travel agent) = 103500x5= 517500 RS

Please let me know if i'm missing anything here? Will i be charged for anything other than the extra bag (american airlines) and a the base ticket?

So my question is this. If i ignore the 27 hour journey and the fact that i'll have to change a flight in London and Abu Dhabi, is there anything i should know about Etihad or American Airlines that would make this a bad decision? I've been searching all day on this forum and haven't seen many people go to Canada via this route, is there any reason behind this other than the length of the journey or the limitation on luggage?

Sorry for this long post and i would greatly appreciate any help.
This route is good ......... i also have searched and found this route good for a single person.......from lahore to Calgary they are charging 87000/ Rs..............air craft is same as u mentioned .........from Lahore to London its on Etihad and from London to Calgary its either British Airways or American..............but mostly its british Airway.......as for as COST is concerned this option looks better.........mostly landing time of This route in calgary is in Night around 10:00pm and by doing landing formalities u will be free by 11:00 if we take margin of time......so its better to arrange accomodation before landing and if u have relatives there ask them to pick u up from airport.......bcoz with family tiredness will be the main issue especially for childs.......

If u choose PIA ur first landing will be in Toronto and u have to do immigration formalities in Toronto..........its a suggestion to land directly in Calgary (ur final destination in Canada) and do all landing formalities there............

Teh360Geek

Aug 19, 2013
2calgary said:
This route is good ......... i also have searched and found this route good for a single person.......from lahore to Calgary they are charging 87000/ Rs..............air craft is same as u mentioned .........from Lahore to London its on Etihad and from London to Calgary its either British Airways or American..............but mostly its british Airway.......as for as COST is concerned this option looks better.........mostly landing time of This route in calgary is in Night around 10:00pm and by doing landing formalities u will be free by 11:00 if we take margin of time......so its better to arrange accomodation before landing and if u have relatives there ask them to pick u up from airport.......bcoz with family tiredness will be the main issue especially for childs.......

If u choose PIA ur first landing will be in Toronto and u have to do immigration formalities in Toronto..........its a suggestion to land directly in Calgary (ur final destination in Canada) and do all landing formalities there............
First of all thank you for your reply. Yes, we have relatives in Calgary who will pick us up at the airport, so that should make it easier for us when we arrive (inshallah). I've been checking the airline routes on cheapoair.com and according to them the date on which we plan to go has a Etihad -> American Airlines route (but it does say British airlines below this).

Also a question, what would you say is better? Etihad or Qatar airlines? Because exactly the same route with the same travel duration is also available on Qatar airline and i was wondering if we should go via that instead?

Thanks once again for your input.

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teh360Geek said:
First of all thank you for your reply. Yes, we have relatives in Calgary who will pick us up at the airport, so that should make it easier for us when we arrive (inshallah). I've been checking the airline routes on cheapoair.com and according to them the date on which we plan to go has a Etihad -> American Airlines route (but it does say British airlines below this).

Also a question, what would you say is better? Etihad or Qatar airlines? Because exactly the same route with the same travel duration is also available on Qatar airline and i was wondering if we should go via that instead?

Thanks once again for your input.
from lahore to calgary Qatar is asking for 115,000/- per person.............so its upto u + Qatar will go to calgary via Montreal and again u have to do formalities in MOntreal..........personally i dont prefer to do formalities in any province other than Calgary......but the choice is urs.....

i will suggess u ....... its better to call the airline offices for info OR contact any travel agents...........coz they will provide u latest informations regarding fairs and routes...........

the information i m giving is based on my visits to their office but i m from lahore so i have info from lahore flights ..........also m searching for spetember month.....there could be difference

Teh360Geek

Aug 19, 2013
2calgary said:
from lahore to calgary Qatar is asking for 115,000/- per person.............so its upto u + Qatar will go to calgary via Montreal and again u have to do formalities in MOntreal..........personally i dont prefer to do formalities in any province other than Calgary......but the choice is urs.....

i will suggess u ....... its better to call the airline offices for info OR contact any travel agents...........coz they will provide u latest informations regarding fairs and routes...........

the information i m giving is based on my visits to their office but i m from lahore so i have info from lahore flights ..........also m searching for spetember month.....there could be difference
Actually the route of Qatar is a replica of Etihad's.

Islamabad -> Doha <Qatar Airlines>
Doha -> London <Qatar Airlines>
London -> Calgary <American Airlines>

The price of this is equal to Etihad's (in US dollars). Both flights are going on the same day but they are connected to the same American Airlines plane.

I have contacted a few travel agents and everyone is forcing me to go via PIA for some reason. They dont even tell me the price of the route mentioned above. I was barely able to convince one travel agent to tell me the price of the Etihad flight and he quoted it as 76500 / person (without adding the extra baggage cost).

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teh360Geek said:
Actually the route of Qatar is a replica of Etihad's.

Islamabad -> Doha <Qatar Airlines>
Doha -> London <Qatar Airlines>
London -> Calgary <American Airlines>

The price of this is equal to Etihad's (in US dollars). Both flights are going on the same day but they are connected to the same American Airlines plane.

I have contacted a few travel agents and everyone is forcing me to go via PIA for some reason. They dont even tell me the price of the route mentioned above. I was barely able to convince one travel agent to tell me the price of the Etihad flight and he quoted it as 76500 / person (without adding the extra baggage cost).
if its same rout then ok........no problem..........qatar office in lahore told me abt montreal thats y i left this option

Teh360Geek

Aug 19, 2013
2calgary said:
if its same rout then ok........no problem..........qatar office in lahore told me abt montreal thats y i left this option
Thank you for your replies, your help is tremendously appreciated. :)

Teh360Geek

Aug 19, 2013
Another question. Does anyone know if we go via a connecting flight route (Etihad and then American Airlines), will our entire luggage get scanned in London Airport? Will we have to receive all our bags in London Airport from Etihad airways and then put them on the American Airline flight so that they reach canada (please note that i am talking about the 23KG bags, not the hand carry bags).

Sorry if this isn't very clear and thanks in advance for any help.

Note: This is the route i'm referring to

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
@ nekeol, msaleem216, Shaziabibi, Kukoo
Thanks a lot for congratulations and best wishes, May Allah help and bless you all.
Regards