Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
novie said:
Dear All
Yesterday i have attended a 7 hour long online session along with 48 other participants from accross the globe, funded by the Canadian Govt and organized by the CIIP. This session will be followed by one to one MAP session today where they will give a personalised guidance based upon your circumstances and FSW category.
I would like to suggest every forum member who have applied under FSW that he mist get himself registered through IOM and must attend this online session. This session was an eye opener and will help you assess your preparation well before you land in Canada.
They will let you know how to choose the city/province to land, how to prepare Canadian CV/resume, how to hunt job, Canadian culture, work environment, useful websites, do(s) and dont(s).
Dont miss this opportunity.
Best Regards and Good Luck
Novie
During registration with CIIP, there is question as,

If you are not able to travel for CIIP services, please select your preferred form of service delivery

Options are,

-Telephone
-Email
-Online Session

So, which option should be opted as I lives in Pakistan & my wife will also be attending with me along.

Thanks.

Zee81

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
20-May-2010 (Sent 05-07-2010)
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Provided with documents
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
10-11-2012 (Case Refused & Re-opened in Aug. 2012)
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 26-06-2013 ; PPR-2 30-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013 (Calgary, AB)
kmkm said:
Dear I have just received my passport.... The expiry of medicals is on 20th of Sep. I want to know that how much time do they take to issue date for this. Is it available in Lahore or any city near sialkot, Pakistan.

What is the difference between IOM AND CIIP?
My consult said that he had no information about CIIP.
He is saying me to get registered on IOM.
kindly guide me
Thanks.
IOM session is conducted after PPR-1 and in all major cities of Pakistan like Lahore... While CIIP is an ON-LINE session which will be conducted within a month after registering on-line (depends on the workload with CIIP also).... I have been going through various comments about the IOM session by seniors like Cocknbull who felt that this is not very helpful as most of the information they had already received from other fellows on the forum..... having not attended it yet I can not quote any final words... On the other hand, I found CIIP session far better... they will provide you complete settlement and job search guidance and will link you with various Canadian immigrant serving organizations (which IOM would not).. MAP is a personalized action plan for you which you will develop with the help of a CIIP orientation officer on-line... All Free...

You should go for IOM and CIIP both...... If you need further support please send me a Personal Message.

Zee81

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Provided with documents
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013 (Calgary, AB)
phdmaker said:

If you are not able to travel for CIIP services, please select your preferred form of service delivery

Options are,

-Telephone
-Email
-Online Session

So, which option should be opted as I lives in Pakistan & my wife will also be attending with me along.

Thanks.
Select On-line session option.... You have to get registered separately for your wife (if she wants to work in Canada as a MAP will be conducted for her as well)...

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zee81 said:
Select On-line session option.... You have to get registered separately for your wife (if she wants to work in Canada as a MAP will be conducted for her as well)...
Thanks.

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
Salam every one...

i have question regarding CIIP is this service only for skill class immigration or also for family class

Zee81

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Provided with documents
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013 (Calgary, AB)
sunasir said:
Thankyou Dear for sharing your experience .I have been registered with CIIP for upcoming online session .What are the pre-requisite for on-line seesion? I mean ,what are the different tools one should have before starting and how it proceed .plz elaborate with detail and also highlight MAP session .
Thanks
You just need a microphone, speaker and a good internet connection... they will send you a link of the software named as "Collaborate" which you should install before attending the session and adjust your settings... they will also provide you the link to the sample online orientation session conducted by using "Collaborate"... which you must view before the session...

MAP (My Action Plan) is a one-on-one online session with the Canadian immigration Orientation officer who will develop an action plan for you considering your profession, intended place of landing and other circumstances, which s/he will discuss with you during the individual MAP session... Remember MAP is an hour session conducted a day after the general orientation session of 7-8 hours....

I hope now you are clear...

Zee81

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Provided with documents
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013 (Calgary, AB)
MRS SAM said:
Salam every one...

i have question regarding CIIP is this service only for skill class immigration or also for family class
I am not sure but I think if you are a skilled professional being sponsored by a relative in Canada, you can avail this service... just need the medical instructions letter....

OWAISMOD

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
ISLAMABAD
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEAR ZEE

MAY I ASK YOU WHY THEY REFUSED YOUR MEDICAL FIRST AND THEN REOPENED.

CAN YOU SHARE THE REASON.DO YOU THINK IS IT SAFE TO SHARE EVERYTHING WITH CIIP EVEN YOUR FILE NO.B................
PLEASE COMMENT
Zee81 said:
IOM session is conducted after PPR-1 and in all major cities of Pakistan like Lahore... While CIIP is an ON-LINE session which will be conducted within a month after registering on-line (depends on the workload with CIIP also).... I have been going through various comments about the IOM session by seniors like Cocknbull who felt that this is not very helpful as most of the information they had already received from other fellows on the forum..... having not attended it yet I can not quote any final words... On the other hand, I found CIIP session far better... they will provide you complete settlement and job search guidance and will link you with various Canadian immigrant serving organizations (which IOM would not).. MAP is a personalized action plan for you which you will develop with the help of a CIIP orientation officer on-line... All Free...

You should go for IOM and CIIP both...... If you need further support please send me a Personal Message.

Zee81

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Provided with documents
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013 (Calgary, AB)
OWAISMOD said:
DEAR ZEE

MAY I ASK YOU WHY THEY REFUSED YOUR MEDICAL FIRST AND THEN REOPENED.

CAN YOU SHARE THE REASON.DO YOU THINK IS IT SAFE TO SHARE EVERYTHING WITH CIIP EVEN YOUR FILE NO.B................
PLEASE COMMENT
My case was refused due to JDs mismatch and that happened before the medicals....

CIIP (Canadian Immigrant Integration Program) is funded by the Canadian govt. and any information shared with them is totally confidential as it is subject to the Canadian information protection act..... CIIP is also affiliated with CIC, please go through its website...

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
Zee81 said:
You just need a microphone, speaker and a good internet connection... they will send you a link of the software named as "Collaborate" which you should install before attending the session and adjust your settings... they will also provide you the link to the sample online orientation session conducted by using "Collaborate"... which you must view before the session...

MAP (My Action Plan) is a one-on-one online session with the Canadian immigration Orientation officer who will develop an action plan for you considering your profession, intended place of landing and other circumstances, which s/he will discuss with you during the individual MAP session... Remember MAP is an hour session conducted a day after the general orientation session of 7-8 hours....

I hope now you are clear...
Thankyou Dear

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
Zee81 said:
My case was refused due to JDs mismatch and that happened before the medicals....

CIIP (Canadian Immigrant Integration Program) is funded by the Canadian govt. and any information shared with them is totally confidential as it is subject to the Canadian information protection act..... CIIP is also affiliated with CIC, please go through its website...
.........one addition we were not aware of CIIP and IOM ,there introduction letter came with MR and PPR from CIC,so it is safe .

novie

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
phdmaker said:

Options are,

-Telephone
-Email
-Online Session

Thanks.
My experience was with Online session and that was wonderful. You must have a computer. They will send you a link from which you will connect to the session run on Java platform. You just need to do some clicks with mouse. Thats it. No advance preparation is required.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
novie said:
My experience was with Online session and that was wonderful. You must have a computer. They will send you a link from which you will connect to the session run on Java platform. You just need to do some clicks with mouse. Thats it. No advance preparation is required.
Thanks dear