March 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 August 2012; PPR2 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16th october 2012
LANDED..........
Landed safely in Toronto on 5th feb 2013.
khalidcivil said:
Landing and Settling Experience

Dear fellows!

After issuance of visa, I traveled to Toronto from Islamabad on 21st December 2012. I took the PIA non-stop flight from Islamabad. Against the general perception, the flight was right on schedule and in flight services were quite satisfactory as well. The flight time was 14 hours.

Before landing in Toronto, the airline staff distributed a CBSA form to be filled by all passengers. The form contained information regarding the cash in excess of 10,000 dollars one is carrying, duration of visit etc. If one is carrying more than 10, 000 dollars, it is to be declared in this form and the same form is to be submitted by the immigrant at the airport to CBSA officials.

All processes at Airport went very smoothly. The immigrants landing for the first time were directed to the immigration staff for interview. The interview lasted for a few minutes with general info about family and profession etc. There was no question asked about the POF. The officer just asked about the total amount of dollars available to me for settling in Canada and entered that amount in COPR form. After completing the formalities and taking my address in Toronto, I was asked to sign the COPR form. The whole process took about 10 minutes. The officer also confirmed that I will receive PR card within 6 weeks time at the given address.

After the immigration counter, I attended the CBSA counter where I presented the lists of “goods accompanying” and “goods to follow”. They entered details in their system, stamped the lists and returned one copy to me. At the same counter, I handed over the form I received in the plan to CBSA officials. Again, there was no question asked about POF here as well.

Behavior of both Immigration and CBSA officials was friendly and helping. They always started the conversation by welcoming to Canada.

On the next working day, I went to a Canadian bank (TD bank) for opening account. The bank is well known in Canada with presence in all cities. I opened the basic account with a un-secured Visa Credit card of 500 $ limit. The whole process of opening account was completed in 30 minutes and against the bank stay was very co-operative. On the same day, I went to Service Canada office for getting the SIN number. The process there was very simple and completed in few minutes. They issued SIN number to me at the spot and also confirmed that SIN card will be delivered at my address within 15 days.

The most important thing to share with all of you is regarding driving license. I brought a letter of Authentication / NOC from district licensing issuing Authority in Pakistan for confirmation of my driving license validity and experience. I attended the Ontario Transportation Authority office and presented letter of authentication, original Pakistani license, passport and landing form. The officials accepted my previous driving experience in Pakistan and declared me eligible for class G driving license subject to clearing the written test and road test. Immediately after the process, I appeared for written test in the same office. The test was about traffic rules and signs in Canada. I managed to pass the test and afterwards got a date for practical road test. The important point is that the NOC I brought from Pakistan saved a lot of time and effort on my part as otherwise the licensing officials always ask for a letter of Authentication from for driving license from Pakistani Consulate in Toronto. Getting the letter from Pak Consulate involves not only fee payment but will also waste one full day. Thanks to the advice of our fellow forum member “Lala Ji” and help from “Cocknbull”, I brought the NOC from Pakistan.

Based on my experience, I would advise all fellow members not to worry about the procedures at airport and other preliminary things such opening bank account, SIN etc. The system is very effective and people are friendly. So you wouldn't face any trouble. Just remember to bring dresses for the cold summer as snowfall has already started in Toronto and other areas as well.
well explained. thanks bro

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
cocknbull said:
Hello,

On January 31, 2013, Engineers Canada launched a new section of its website dedicated to help international engineering graduates find comprehensive information about the Canadian engineering profession and licensure process before and after immigrating.

The new site also contains a free on-line academic information tool (http://newcomers.engineerscanada.ca/academic-information-tool) which will allow you to compare your undergraduate engineering degree information to that of a Canadian engineering degree. While not part of the process to become licensed as a professional engineer in Canada, the tool will provide you with valuable educational information in order to make an informed decision about immigrating to Canada.

Visit our website at

http://newcomers.engineerscanada.ca/
+1

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (May 13, 2014), PPR-2 (Jun 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 2014, Permanent landing not decided yet
Not as useful as it has to be..... No matter whatever university u enter it gives same information & its kind of generic (like u will have to pass exams, University data is not available etc etc)......:(

cocknbull said:
Hello,

On January 31, 2013, Engineers Canada launched a new section of its website dedicated to help international engineering graduates find comprehensive information about the Canadian engineering profession and licensure process before and after immigrating.

The new site also contains a free on-line academic information tool (http://newcomers.engineerscanada.ca/academic-information-tool) which will allow you to compare your undergraduate engineering degree information to that of a Canadian engineering degree. While not part of the process to become licensed as a professional engineer in Canada, the tool will provide you with valuable educational information in order to make an informed decision about immigrating to Canada.

Visit our website at

http://newcomers.engineerscanada.ca/

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WAY said:
Not as useful as it has to be..... No matter whatever university u enter it gives same information & its kind of generic (like u will have to pass exams, University data is not available etc etc)......:(
Dear but at least it tells you that your 4 year Pakistani degree is equivalant to Canadian bachelor's degree...Isn't?

"Based on the information you provided, your Bachelor of Science (Engineering) [4 years] in Electrical Engineering from PAKISTAN is at the comparable level to a Canadian undergraduate engineering program. Furthermore, your institution, UET- University of Engineering , meets the following mandatory criteria to be classified as comparable to university level engineering in Canada"

Further I want to add here that if some one wants to get license from Canada he can do a master's degree to expedite the process and then he will not need mandatory 12 months of Canadian work experience..Thanks

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phdmaker said:
Are u sure that rule of 6 month validity of passport is also required for travelling on PR visa? ::)

I mean if someone has PR visa valid till Mar 2013, whereas, passport expiry is upto April 2013 then can he/she able to travel in Feb or Mar using his/her PR visa to land in new homeland?

Other seniors plz do also comment.

Thanks.
Anyone plz to comment on......... ???

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phdmaker said:
Are u sure that rule of 6 month validity of passport is also required for travelling on PR visa? ::)

I mean if someone has PR visa valid till Mar 2013, whereas, passport expiry is upto April 2013 then can he/she able to travel in Feb or Mar using his/her PR visa to land in new homeland?

Other seniors plz do also comment.

Thanks.
Hi!

Yes you can travel on a passport which is due to expire in April 2013 with PR visa expiry till Mar 2013. No issues. Six months passport validity is a general rule which applies to some countries and air lines..No worries for people going to Canada on PR visa..Thanks

alloushmk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
17-03-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted Already
File Transfer...
08-04-2011 "in Process" 20-07-2011... Updated Documents Request Feb 2012
Med's Request
04-12-2012
Med's Done....
11-12-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 25-01-2013, PPR-2 13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
Hi Fellows
"Decision Made" updated on my ECAS today.
I hope to get PPR-2 Soon Inchallah.
Regards.

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Seniors,

I had kept my spouse and my son unaccompanied family members in my application. me and spouse went through Meds in Aug, and my son in December. Can i request Visa office at this point of time to make them accompanied by sending their Fee? or it will affect my application at this stage.

Please Seniors guide me. should i shoot CSE to LVO that i wanna make my family members accompanied or i should send draft of fee. will it affect my application.

regards

Toocareless

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocknbull said:
Hi!

Yes you can travel on a passport which is due to expire in April 2013 with PR visa expiry till Mar 2013. No issues. Six months passport validity is a general rule which applies to some countries and air lines..No worries for people going to Canada on PR visa..Thanks
Hello brother.

Thanks for the clarification.

Take care.

coldfire

Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2012
AOR Received.
Feb-2012
Med's Request
28-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
5 December 2012
Passport Req..
PPR 1 on 7-Jan-2013 >> PPR2 on 31-Jan-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Insha ALLAH May 2013
Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin! Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin! Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin! Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin! Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin!

Dear fellows today a TCS guy delivered our Visas & CORP at 11:30 AM ..... :) ;) :D ;D 8)

People who r waiting for their Medical Request, PPR1, PPR2, & Visas, May Allah Bless them with success, Ameen!...

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coldfire said:
Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin! Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin! Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin! Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin! Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin!

Dear fellows today a TCS guy delivered our Visas & CORP at 11:30 AM ..... :) ;) :D ;D 8)

People who r waiting for their Medical Request, PPR1, PPR2, & Visas, May Allah Bless them with success, Ameen!...
mubarak ho thandiaag

Love-Pakistan

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Ahamdolillah Issued....
An architect said:
Hi lov Pakistan
We were not asked to re subbmit photographs !!? How did you get the request of resubmitting the photographs was it by email ??? What adress was that email sent from ??? Waiting for your reply :)
I received a call on my Cell Phone from CHC Islamabad. The person on line asked to submit the photographs on the same address on which passports had been sent to CHC Islamabd.

Markon

Sep 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
IELTS Request
Complete Docs: April 2010
File Transfer...
Jan & July 2010
Med's Request
Feb, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 2012 - Updated Doc Sent: April 2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25, Sep 2012 - PPR2 29, Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2012
LANDED..........
Dec, 2012
amjpk said:
I would appreciate if anybody answer my following queries;-

a) Does PIA or any other airline provide extra luggage weight facility for an immigrant traveler?
b) Does PIA allow cardboard carton as checked luggage if yes; what are dimensions?
Thanks in advance

Regards
Amjpk
a) PIA already allows 5 kg more per piece than other airlines i.e. 28 kg per piece.
b) cartons are allowed total measure should not more than 62 inches. (length+Width+Height)

No special allowance for immigrants. One additional piece per ticket is allowed at Rs 9000/piece.

amjpk

Oct 14, 2009
Thanks Markon for your guidence. For additional peice/luggage please share your source. I mean Is it mention on PIA website?

Regards
Amjpk

Markon said:
a) PIA already allows 5 kg more per piece than other airlines i.e. 28 kg per piece.
b) cartons are allowed total measure should not more than 62 inches. (length+Width+Height)

No special allowance for immigrants. One additional piece per ticket is allowed at Rs 9000/piece.

An architect

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Love-Pakistan said:
I received a call on my Cell Phone from CHC Islamabad. The person on line asked to submit the photographs on the same address on which passports had been sent to CHC Islamabd.
Our case is in our consultants hands who seems to be a lazy and a non proffessional guy . He had missed an important email from LVO in October in which they asked us for updated police certificat and he missed it which caused us almost 2 months delay !!!! We would'nt be surprised if he messes up again ?! Even our tcs is supposed to reach at his office first !!!! He'll take his one last chequeee... Then let us take a glimps of the visas ...... :) any way we chose for our selfs to do that .pray that we'r good !! Cuz it's really becoming alarming NOW !!! By the way how many total applicants are you ( family members ) cuz I heard it takes longer in case of a big family ( we are 5 ppl) ???? Any way wish you all the best , and that you get the good news ASAP ;)