Passport Req..
PPR-1: 18-05-2012, PPR-2: 21-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2012
LANDED..........
29-07-2012 happy since then..alhamdullah
RaWheAl said:
Hi,

In my PPR-1 they didnt asked to submit photographs. Is anyone else not been asked for photographs?

RaWheAl
i was also not asked to submit photographs of me and my family...

maham123

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
discreet said:
Dear Maham,

U can't submit PP in person to Islamabad.
TCS does not take long......only 7 or 10 days.
I handed over my passport to TCS on April 27 and recieved back on May 8.
Best of luck for ur PPR2.
Regards
Thanks a lot for the reply, actually i have seen some of the forum members getting their passports back in 22 or even 24 days time period, since my medical is gonna expire on 14th of sugust thats why was wrorried if i would be able to get the passports back in time after getting ppr-2...!

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RaWheAl said:
Hi,

In my PPR-1 they didnt asked to submit photographs. Is anyone else not been asked for photographs?

RaWheAl
same here

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
darwaish said:
same here
Have you submitted the updated photographs in recent past Raheel?
In my opinion, there's no harm sending the updated photographs with Passport copies.

What do you suggest seniors?

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mythestic said:
Have you submitted the updated photographs in recent past Raheel?
In my opinion, there's no harm sending the updated photographs with Passport copies.

What do you suggest seniors?
As I could see, there are atleast 3-4 cases where LVO didnt ask for photos with ppr1 or afterwards.
Can all these be oversight of VO.....I dont think so.....
My guess- based on various photos available in the file (photos sumitted with App, photos on police certificates sent at later stages) its purely a judgement of IO whether to ask for updated photos with ppr1 or not.
Anyways lets see if any of us (a4architecture, RaWheAl, Darwaish) gets ppr2 without sending photos with ppr1

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
darwaish said:
As I could see, there are atleast 3-4 cases where LVO didnt ask for photos with ppr1 or afterwards.
Can all these be oversight of VO.....I dont think so.....
My guess- based on various photos available in the file (photos sumitted with App, photos on police certificates sent at later stages) its purely a judgement of IO whether to ask for updated photos with ppr1 or not.
Anyways lets see if any of us (a4architecture, RaWheAl, Darwaish) gets ppr2 without sending photos with ppr1
Yes i guess they don't need the updated photographs as they already got them. That is why they are not asking them with PPR-1 for some applicants.
Although, I submitted updated photographs with Medical Done Receipt/other required documents (POF etc) in December 2011, and they asked me again for the updated photographs at the time of PPR-1.

SoMeOnE-SoMeWhErE

Oct 21, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 2010
Med's Request
OCT 2011
Med's Done....
OCT 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 JUN 2012 PPR2 JUL 2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUL 2012
LANDED..........
AUG 2012
mythestic said:
Yes i guess they don't need the updated photographs as they already got them. That is why they are not asking them with PPR-1 for some applicants.
Although, I submitted updated photographs with Medical Done Receipt/other required documents (POF etc) in December 2011, and they asked me again for the updated photographs at the time of PPR-1.
OK Guys...

This is a copy/paste from the FIRST email I got:

Step 1: Submit the documents listed below to our office in London. (These instructions do not apply to
accompanying family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on
their Canadian passports.)

1. Clear photocopies of your passport and the passports of each accompanying family member. The
passports must meet the Passport Specifications on page 2 of this letter because these are the passports you
will use to travel to Canada.

2. The Updated Information Chart on page 3 fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
Submit these three items within 45 days of the date of this letter (or the date of the email if you received this by
email).

All items for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package.

As you can see in "Bold"....they had written send 3 things but only asked for 2....so I sent them an email and got a reply in one day and they said please find attached the CORRECT file...which was as below...

Step 1: Submit the documents listed below to our office in London. (These instructions do not apply to
accompanying family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on

1. Clear photocopies of your passport and the passports of each accompanying family member. The
passports must meet the Passport Specifications on page 2 of this letter because these are the passports you

2. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family
members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications on page 3 of this letter.

3. The Updated Information Chart on page 4 fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
Submit these three items within 45 days of the date of this letter (or the date of the email if you received this by
email).

All items for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package.

Hope its clear now !!!

njikhan

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Mar-2011
Doc's Request.
already sent with application
AOR Received.
31-Mar-2011
Med's Request
Jul-2011 and new born: Oct-2011
Med's Done....
28-Aug-2011 and new born: Nov-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21-May-2012 and PPR2: 29-Jun-2012 (Passports sent to CHC Islamabad for visa issuance on 30-Jun-12)
VISA ISSUED...
15-Jun-2012 was mentioned on visa sticker but got Passports back from CHC Islamabad on 20-Jul-2012
LANDED..........
Insha-Allah in Aug-2012
imran01 said:
friends what is the conclusion of the discusion about the thumb impression of 2 year baby boy
is their any need or leave it blank
secondly if thumb then what for baby boy left or right
Dear imran01, did you get the right answer for which thumb impression (right or left) to put on passport, please share so that I can put my babies thumb impression accordingly on their passports in future.

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
maham123 said:
Thanks a lot for the reply, actually i have seen some of the forum members getting their passports back in 22 or even 24 days time period, since my medical is gonna expire on 14th of sugust thats why was wrorried if i would be able to get the passports back in time after getting ppr-2...!
Now VO has authority to extend your medicals validity for another 12 months if visa is stamped within 15 months of the medicals. Be relaxed :D

Markon

Sep 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
IELTS Request
Complete Docs: April 2010
File Transfer...
Jan & July 2010
Med's Request
Feb, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 2012 - Updated Doc Sent: April 2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25, Sep 2012 - PPR2 29, Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2012
LANDED..........
Dec, 2012
A post from Qorax regards to Background Checks:

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Does this mean that if the Med Results Recived line is not added to the ECAS status the back ground checks have not started ?

But my recent CSE was responded by LVO that your background checks are under process, so does that mean my Meds are clear but then there is no mention of those in the ECAS?

My assessment is that ECAS is just TMS (Ticket Management System), anyone from Telecom or Banking would know, which means that it is just updated for the sake of it or activity closure and is not a real time depiction of your case status. Any thoughts ?

a4architecture

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
LAHORE,PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2010
Doc's Request.
SENT
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
IELTS Request
SENT
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Request
27-07-2011
Med's Done....
19-08-2011
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2012
LANDED..........
SoMeOnE-SoMeWhErE said:
OK Guys...

This is a copy/paste from the FIRST email I got:

2. The Updated Information Chart on page 3 fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
email).

As you can see in "Bold"....they had written send 3 things but only asked for 2....so I sent them an email and got a reply in one day and they said please find attached the CORRECT file...which was as below...

2. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family
members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications on page 3 of this letter.

3. The Updated Information Chart on page 4 fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
email).

Hope its clear now !!!
Dear,
i received similar letter (word to word) from VO requesting for only PP of me and my family along with Updated Information Chart ONLY.
The whole letter was of three pages (page numbers marked as 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3) so meaning that there was no 4th page, where else your new letter states (marked in RED) Updated Information Chart on page 4.

Page # 1 are instructions (Step-1)
Page # 2 are "what you should know" & "Passport Specification"
Page # 3 is " Information Chart "
What is Page # 4 about.

Why didn't we received Page # 4

Along with my package i sent them back their original letter (Received) highlighting the requested items.

Seniors please comment.

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a4architecture said:

Dear,
i received similar letter (word to word) from VO requesting for only PP of me and my family along with Updated Information Chart ONLY.
The whole letter was of three pages (page numbers marked as 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3) so meaning that there was no 4th page, where else your new letter states (marked in RED) Updated Information Chart on page 4.

Page # 1 are instructions (Step-1)
Page # 2 are "what you should know" & "Passport Specification"
Page # 3 is " Information Chart "
What is Page # 4 about.

Why didn't we received Page # 4

Along with my package i sent them back their original letter (Received) highlighting the requested items.

Seniors please comment.
Don't worry you are not alone....my ppr1 was also of three pages and without any demand for photos
Reading through all this, I strongly feel that Its NOT uniform and compulsory for every applicant to send photos with ppr1 until its been mentioned in the ppr1 letter....relax :)

a4architecture

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
LAHORE,PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2010
Doc's Request.
SENT
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
IELTS Request
SENT
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Request
27-07-2011
Med's Done....
19-08-2011
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2012
LANDED..........
darwaish said:
Don't worry you are not alone....my ppr1 was also of three pages and without any demand for photos
Reading through all this, I strongly feel that Its NOT uniform and compulsory for every applicant to send photos with ppr1 until its been mentioned in the ppr1 letter....relax :)
I have sent LVO the following E-mail today (NOW), lets see what reply do they send.

Dear JMR,

The letter i received (17 May 2012)for PPR-1 requested "Passport Copy" of me and of my family along with "Updated Information Chart" only (letter attached).
The same were sent back (one Package) and received by VO "LONDON" on 23rd of MAY 2012.(Documents attached)
Is there any other document required from my side in order to expedite the process.
As already mentioned in my previous e-mail that my "Medical" result will expire on 2012/08/18.

Ahmad Mian

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a4architecture said:
I have sent LVO the following E-mail today (NOW), lets see what reply do they send.

Dear JMR,

The letter i received (17 May 2012)for PPR-1 requested "Passport Copy" of me and of my family along with "Updated Information Chart" only (letter attached).
The same were sent back (one Package) and received by VO "LONDON" on 23rd of MAY 2012.(Documents attached)
Is there any other document required from my side in order to expedite the process.
As already mentioned in my previous e-mail that my "Medical" result will expire on 2012/08/18.

Ahmad Mian
Good! lets see now what they say...

a4architecture

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
LAHORE,PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2010
Doc's Request.
SENT
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
IELTS Request
SENT
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Request
27-07-2011
Med's Done....
19-08-2011
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2012
LANDED..........
darwaish said:
Good! lets see now what they say...
Sample of PPR-2 (for your reference only).

High Commission of Canada
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Macdonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA

United Kingdom
www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca

File: Date:

Dear Applicant,

Your application has reached the final stage of processing. Now that Step 1 has been completed, you must
now complete Step 2 so that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued.

Step 2: Submit the following to our office in Islamabad (not to our London office):

1. Your passport and a passport for each accompanying family member. The passports must be the same as
the photocopies submitted to London in Step 1. If you have obtained new passports, then you must start
again from Step 1. (Do not submit passports for accompanying family members who are entitled to
Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on their Canadian passports.)

members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications on page 2 of this letter.

3. The Return Address Label on page 3 of this letter, fully completed.
For security reasons, you cannot submit your passports in person. Send your passports by courier to:

PHEP LDN
Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission
Sector G-5, Diplomatic Enclave
Islamabad, Pakistan

Submit your passport(s) and return address label to our office in Islamabad within 30 days of the date of this
letter (or the date of the email if you received this by email). All passports for you and your accompanying
family members must be submitted together in one package.

You should expect to be without your passport(s) for four weeks, so do not arrange any travel that will require
your passport(s) during this period. Due to the postal situation in Pakistan, your passport(s) will be returned by
TCS COD (“Cash on Delivery”) courier in order to ensure secure delivery. You will need to present valid ID and
pay the service charges to TCS when you receive them. If you have not heard from TCS after four weeks, you
may contact us at the London office using the email form on our website above. Please send all enquiries
regarding this application to the London office (not the Islamabad office).

Sincerely,
High Commission of Canada

See item # 2 (latest Photographs are requested in PPR-2)