+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants for Express Entry, Let's Network Here

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I know someone personally who got rejected
Can you show me in the list of official documents where it says that PCC is required from birth?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

This is from official website

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

Reactions: Sicilian

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
This is official guidelines and your understanding is completely correct. However, in practice ircc knows about local laws and if we submit pcc from country of birth covering only last 10 years period they reject it. I myself got adr for pak pcc when i never lived in pak since 2008
Can you show me in the list of official documents where it says that PCC is required from birth?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

This is from official website

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
This is official guidelines and your understanding is completely correct. However, in practice ircc knows about local laws and if we submit pcc from country of birth covering only last 10 years period they reject it. I myself got adr for pak pcc when i never lived in pak since 2008
The mistake you are making is that just because you got an ADR doesn't mean that it is required for everybody.

I didn't get any ADR. I just submitted my PCC since the age of 18. In fact, i even guided 4 other families (who now have PR) and also advised them on PCC. Having PCC since birth is not a requirement at all, and every single one of those families got their PR without having PCC from birth.

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
The mistake you are making is that just because you got an ADR doesn't mean that it is required for everybody.

I didn't get any ADR. I just submitted my PCC since the age of 18. In fact, i even guided 4 other families (who now have PR) and also advised them on PCC. Having PCC since birth is not a requirement at all, and every single one of those families got their PR without having PCC from birth.
Thanks for clarifying. This just scared the hell out of me,

Emma H

Oct 9, 2020
Can anyone tell me how can we apply for provincial Nominee Program?
I have the same question... What I have gathered is that some provinces have a separate program but others just pick profiles from EE pool.. but not sure how to link the two...

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
Any one who can guide on obtaining Police clearance certificates from Lahore and Islamabad? I am from Sindh, but stayed in both cities for studies and training for job.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Any one who can guide on obtaining Police clearance certificates from Lahore and Islamabad? I am from Sindh, but stayed in both cities for studies and training for job.
You only need PCC from your permanent address. Don't need it for other cities if you lived there during studies or training.

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
You only need PCC from your permanent address. Don't need it for other cities if you lived there during studies or training.
Seriusly? My consultant just asked me to submit PCC for all addresses where I lived (not travelled) after 18years of age...

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Seriusly? My consultant just asked me to submit PCC for all addresses where I lived (not travelled) after 18years of age...
A lot of consultants are bogus.

I had to research this issue quite a bit. I have many posts on this. I was in the same situation as yours. Lived in another city while studying. In the end only submitted based on permanent address on NIC. IF NIC permanent address has changed then you need to submit for all those permanent addresses.

I also advised 4 other families on the same. And all of them got PR without issue.

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
A lot of consultants are bogus.

I had to research this issue quite a bit. I have many posts on this. I was in the same situation as yours. Lived in another city while studying. In the end only submitted based on permanent address on NIC. IF NIC permanent address has changed then you need to submit for all those permanent addresses.

I also advised 4 other families on the same. And all of them got PR without issue.
Ok. And you did mention all places where you lived in addresses section?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Ok. And you did mention all places where you lived in addresses section?
No, I only used the permanent address on my NIC in the address history.

If you give multiple addresses then you have to provide PCCs for them. So you only give the permanent address and give its PCC.

You will mention in education and work history your study/training places though and that will be fine. I showed my permanent address as Karachi while for 2 years I was in Lahore studying (and that showed up in the education history section of course).

The supposed principle is that in Pakistan FIRs are linked to NIC number and the thana (police station) of your permanent address (which is stated on your ID card). Hence, even if you are moving around and get an FIR registered against you, it will eventually go to your permanent thana.

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hello,

Can i travel after receiving PCC from pakistan on visit visa to another country or I have to stay in pakistan till I submit docs for ITA.

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Hello,

Can i travel after receiving PCC from pakistan on visit visa to another country or I have to stay in pakistan till I submit docs for ITA.
You only need a PCC for countries you spend close to 6 months in. And you can use a PCC thats less than 6 months old so no problems.