FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
Hey guys, glad I found this thread. I had a question about claiming work experience. I have worked in the same company from 2011 to 2018. From 2011 to 2014 my salary was low, and I was paid out in cash. Due to this, I cannot furnish tax deduction certifications or tax slips. In 2014, I was promoted and was paid via direct debit into my bank account. From 2014, I am able to furnish tax deduction certificates, salary slips, and my bank statement which lists the incoming salary from 2014. Both positions that I worked in had the same NOC, the promotion was simply higher responsibility (Junior to Senior Engineer).

The reference letter will mention that I was hired in 2011, promoted in 2014 and I left in 2018. My question is, what do I put in the Work History section of my EE profile if I am only interested in attaining CRS points from 2014 to 2018?

Would appreciate some insight into this. This is the last hurdle on my end to enter the pool.
It should be ok as long as the reference letter from your Employer is verifiable, and the employer will confirm your employment during this time. You should be honest in your work and personal history statements, any deviation can result in your application going into "REVIEW REQUIRED" which can take ages to complete. Even if you only want to claim points from 2014 to 2018, you need to provide a full, complete declaration of your work history.

As for the reference letter, please make sure your responsibilities (before and after promotion) are mentioned clearly and separately under each job title. Saying it was the same duties with a higher responsibility or pay is not enough. They will say you did not provide job duties for one role.

Hope this helps!

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
It should be ok as long as the reference letter from your Employer is verifiable, and the employer will confirm your employment during this time. You should be honest in your work and personal history statements, any deviation can result in your application going into "REVIEW REQUIRED" which can take ages to complete. Even if you only want to claim points from 2014 to 2018, you need to provide a full, complete declaration of your work history.

As for the reference letter, please make sure your responsibilities (before and after promotion) are mentioned clearly and separately under each job title. Saying it was the same duties with a higher responsibility or pay is not enough. They will say you did not provide job duties for one role.

Hope this helps!
The letter is verifiable but it is not a large consumer facing company. A Google search of the parent company's name leads to its website. And yes, honesty is the reason I am here as some suggestions on this forum stated that "Work History" can be a subset of Personal History. I'll mention 2011 to 2018 but only need points from 2014 to 2018 (and I don't think I can claim any from 2011 to 2014 anyway?)

Regarding reference letter, as mentioned both titles had the same NOC: 2133. And certainly, the letter won't just say "higher responsibility". The major difference in the two titles was:

2011-2014: I assisted in electronics design, did much of the legwork
2014-2018: I led a team of engineers, in addition to doing electronics design (this time without assistance) for my employer.

The letter will delineate the two.

aun_syed

Aug 15, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
The letter is verifiable but it is not a large consumer facing company. A Google search of the parent company's name leads to its website. And yes, honesty is the reason I am here as some suggestions on this forum stated that "Work History" can be a subset of Personal History. I'll mention 2011 to 2018 but only need points from 2014 to 2018 (and I think I can claim any from 2011 to 2014 anyway?)

Regarding reference letter, as mentioned both titles had the same NOC: 2133. And certainly, the letter won't just say "higher responsibility". The major difference in the two titles was:

2011-2014: I assisted in electronics design, did much of the legwork
2014-2018: I led a team of engineers, in addition to doing electronics design (this time without assistance) for my employer.

The letter will delineate the two.
Sounds good! I mentioned the clear separation of duties because I had to face this recently, I have been with the same company for some time now and have held 3 different positions in 3 different countries, having essentially the same duties. The company mentioned my titles in the employment letter and mentioned below that he has the following job duties. They accepted those job duties only for one position, and for the other two mentioned "job duties not provided".

To claim full employment points, all you need to do is claim/prove 3 years of foreign experience with reference letters. 2014 to 2018 should be more than enough.

Wish you all the best!

Reactions: AstronomyNut

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
If my PCC states the Stay Period as "Since Birth" to "To Date" is that acceptable?

I only need one as I've only ever lived in one city in Pakistan. From 2008 to 2011 I lived in the UK and have a UK PCC for that.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Additional question: I am an FSW Inland applicant. For proof of funds, I have a bank account in Pakistan which has had approximately 20,000 USD for the past two years. The account does not see any incoming or outgoing. This is because before moving to Canada in 2018, I converted my entire life savings to USD.

I have obtained a proof of funds letter on my bank's letterhead. The letter states my name, account opening date, type of account (Current Account), my closing balance as of today, the average balance for the last six months, and the fact that I do not have any loan in that particular bank. The letter does not state explicitly that the funds are unencumbered/available to immediate use. Is such a statement necessary for a Proof of Funds letter?

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
Hi members

I have to attach my CNIC in my eAPR application as i included it while submitting my pre ITA application. I have smart CNIC where the details on front are in English and the address on the back is in urdu. Do i need to get the address translated or just attach the front of CNIC?

Reactions: Princes2020

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Hi members

I have to attach my CNIC in my eAPR application as i included it while submitting my pre ITA application. I have smart CNIC where the details on front are in English and the address on the back is in urdu. Do i need to get the address translated or just attach the front of CNIC?
Well, never thought about it. I always thought we only needed it for form B as it’s completely in Urdu but CNIC and birth certificates have information both in Urdu and English. Though Form B has all information in both languages, CNIC doesn’t have address in English. Experts help is needed.

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hi guys!

Query regarding WES ECA, I have to get these documents assessed from WES:

1) BA - University of the Punjab (2 years)
2) Master of Computer Science - Virtual University of Pakistan (2 years)

Can someone tell me what would be the expected ECA?

BA = Diploma 2 years
MCS = Bachelors 4 Years

That is my own assessment from the experience of people those who gotten ECA from legacy (2+2) undergraduate system.

Can anyone help me in this regard, has anyone who has gotten his/her ECA based on this combination or any other 2+2 degrees combination.
Any guidance will be appreciated.

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Hi guys!

Query regarding WES ECA, I have to get these documents assessed from WES:

1) BA - University of the Punjab (2 years)
2) Master of Computer Science - Virtual University of Pakistan (2 years)

Can someone tell me what would be the expected ECA?

BA = Diploma 2 years
MCS = Bachelors 4 Years

That is my own assessment from the experience of people those who gotten ECA from legacy (2+2) undergraduate system.

Can anyone help me in this regard, has anyone who has gotten his/her ECA based on this combination or any other 2+2 degrees combination.
Any guidance will be appreciated.
Generally WES is much stricter compared to other agencies. I would suggest IQAS or CES. IQAS is processing really fast for Pakistani applicants these days as they need only soft copies of HEC attested documents.

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Hi, my brother is gifting me the money for POF. Can anyone guide me as to what's the process for that? If anyone's used gift deed from Pakistan would appreciate help as to the format and notarization etc. Thanks!

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Generally WES is much stricter compared to other agencies. I would suggest IQAS or CES. IQAS is processing really fast for Pakistani applicants these days as they need only soft copies of HEC attested documents.
Thank you, but would be the expected ECA assessment?