+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants for Express Entry, Let's Network Here

Meeshoo

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Could you please share which university and what degrees did you have? It would help others in the forum to make an informed decision. thankyou.
BS Computer Science International Islamic University Islamabad 135 Credit hrs
MS Computer Science FAST NU Islamabad : 24 credit hrs

saadishahid

Aug 10, 2017
I received first PPR / Ready for Visa email in my inbox (the gmail one) on May 25, 2017. I sent my passport along with other mentioned things through VFS to CIC Islamabad Office on June 19, 2017. Through VFS tracking, it was confirmed that my passport has been delivered to CIC Islamabad on June 20, 2017.

No further change in status observed till August 8, 2017, when I received an email that myCIC account has been updated. I checked myCIC account and I found that there is another "Ready for Visa" email in it. The contents are the same (including sending passport to Islamabad Office) however, the date of the letter is different (i.e. August 8, 2017).

I have carefully checked if the earlier email address from which the earlier email was sent was an official one. It is indeed an official email address of CIC.

Now my passport is already with CIC Islamabad Office from June 20, 2017. Any suggestions on what should I do? I have already sent them an email (the address that was mentioned on the PPR email).

Meeshoo

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
y
Yes it largely depends upon the credit Hours, No. of Courses and duration while evaluating.
yes i know . Are my credit hours not sufficient for master evaluation ? courses are taught same at overall pakistan at BS CS level however at MS level they differ but FAST and NUST teach courses which are hot in research and industry globally

Dr_Chem

Aug 11, 2017
Can we get PPC from Pakistani embassy abroad? I am currently in Saudi Arabia and seeking to know if i can get PCC by applying at Pakistani embassy here. Please advise/share your experience.

funter28

May 20, 2015
Can we get PPC from Pakistani embassy abroad? I am currently in Saudi Arabia and seeking to know if i can get PCC by applying at Pakistani embassy here. Please advise/share your experience.
You can get NOC based on FIA report which takes huge time. Better u take PCC from ur local police station in pak n then take it to pak embassy after getting it attested from foreign affairs in pak. Request them then.

fatimafarooqi

Aug 11, 2017
Better to ask some of your friend or family member in Pakistan to do it on your behalf. From which city do you require PCC?

Dr_Chem

Aug 11, 2017
Better to ask some of your friend or family member in Pakistan to do it on your behalf. From which city do you require PCC?
You can get NOC based on FIA report which takes huge time. Better u take PCC from ur local police station in pak n then take it to pak embassy after getting it attested from foreign affairs in pak. Request them then.
Thanks for your kind reply I lived in two cities; previously in Sheikhupura and now in Lahore. I guess if i go to have it it from Pakistan, I would need to get from both cities. Correct me if i am wrong.

fatimafarooqi

Aug 11, 2017
Thanks for your kind reply I lived in two cities; previously in Sheikhupura and now in Lahore. I guess if i go to have it it from Pakistan, I would need to get from both cities. Correct me if i am wrong.
Yes, you'll have to get if from both cities, covering the period you lived in each city. Just overlap the months e.g. Jan 2005 to Dec 2008 and then Dec 2008 to Feb 2017 etc.

Reactions: Dr_Chem

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Yes, you'll have to get if from both cities, covering the period you lived in each city. Just overlap the months e.g. Jan 2005 to Dec 2008 and then Dec 2008 to Feb 2017 etc.
I respectfully disagree with multiple PCC from the same country. One PCC is enough from your country of birth and specially it should be from your city of birth. Make sure it should cover your whole time duration form the age of 18 years till you last visited Pakistan.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Brother do you have any experience of this NOC given by embassy? Is it equivalent to PCC?

Meeshoo

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
can any one help me in filling the education part of express entry profile?
When i enter my masters degree, do i have to select the level of education as "Masters" although by WES it is evaluated as 4 years bachelors degree .Then while entering wes detail can enter as BS 4 years .
Am i correct in filling?