+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants for Express Entry, Let's Network Here

sammy89

Feb 1, 2017
Hi - I am in process of uploading my documents for e-APR and realized that it's giving me 5 options for Employment records (I have had 2 employers but 5 designations/promotion so I had mentioned those separately). Do I club the job titles together and show 2 employments so that I can upload 2 letters only? Otherwise I will have to do 5 letters which doesn't make sense. Advice please!

sammy89

Feb 1, 2017
DO you know where we can get translated copy of CNIC? The front is in both languages but back address is in Urdu which I foresee might be a problem when we submit the application? Is that correct?

zeeshansial

May 4, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
sammy89 said:
DO you know where we can get translated copy of CNIC? The front is in both languages but back address is in Urdu which I foresee might be a problem when we submit the application? Is that correct?
go to any legal translator, mostly they can be found in courts nearby area and they will do needful.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Piracha123 said:
Hi, I need help in understanding the status of my application.

I got AOR on Dec 01, 2016 and got my medicals passed on Dec 02, 2016. Since then there has been no update in my profile.

I emailed the LVO which is in London and got a reply on 15th March 2017 that:

"your application is undergoing necessary background checks. Please be advised that there are various checks that a file may need to undergo during the application process. We will contact you once the checks are complete."

After that there has been no status change and when we emailed them again and got this reply:

"We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

The file still awaits further review. We will be in touch in due course. Your patience is highly appreciated."

Does this mean that BG has been completed and the application is in final review stage?
It doesn't mean any thing. If you are keen on seeing actual progress on your file, you can obtain gcms notes (either if you are yourself in Canada, or you have some friend / relative who can do so on your behalf OR you can take a paid service which helps with this)

And can continue doing this once every month.

MALLHI

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
PAKISTAN
Hi guys!

I received NOI from Ontario yesterday. Now I have started compiling my documents. I don't have my birth certificate and this is what they ask for in the application guide,

"A copy of your birth certificate or an acceptable national document
where an original birth certificate is not available (i.e. letter from
appropriate government authority indicating why your birth certificate is
not available)."

So what should I do. What kind if letter is needed and from which Govt. authority?

Many thanks in advance.

zeeshansial

May 4, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
MALLHI said:
Hi guys!

I received NOI from Ontario yesterday. Now I have started compiling my documents. I don't have my birth certificate and this is what they ask for in the application guide,

"A copy of your birth certificate or an acceptable national document
where an original birth certificate is not available (i.e. letter from
appropriate government authority indicating why your birth certificate is
not available)."

So what should I do. What kind if letter is needed and from which Govt. authority?

Many thanks in advance.
why don't you have a birth certificate? It's very easy to get. Go to Nadra and they will give it to you

MALLHI

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
PAKISTAN
zeeshansial said:
why don't you have a birth certificate? It's very easy to get. Go to Nadra and they will give it to you
Oh great! Didn't know about that. I didn't have any old birth certificate so I hope that won't be an issue ???

MALLHI

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
PAKISTAN
I just checked on Nadras site and they require some old hospital certificate or something? I don't have any hospital certificate or old birth certificate? Do you still think I would be able to get it from Nadra? Also my city of birth is different than the city of my residence. Is that also a problem ?

Dec 20, 2016
Hello all,

I just received my PPR yesterday. I am a CEC applicant currently residing in Canada but my spouse is back in Pakistan.

Now I have one confusion:
Now, is he approved along with me?
If yes, will he send his passport to the local VO in Pakistan right away or do I need instructions for this before? - confused because the e-mail states the following:

If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

And if he does submit to local VO, then in Annex A, do I fill out and sign my information or will that be his information, i.e., name, address, telephone #, etc. ?

Cheers!

MANI09

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applying EE from CANADA or from PAKISTAN without PNP

Hello Everyone,
I have few questions for you.

I have recently completed my Master's degree from University of Manitoba Canada and now a days I am in Pakistan to see my family. I am planning to apply through Express Entry Skilled Worker Program directly instead of applying through standard procedure of PNP program in Manitoba to save time. My CSR points are 474 i.e. higher than the minimum scores in the majority of the recent rounds

Should I stay in Pakistan for complete procedure of EE or should I go back to Canada and apply EE there? Does it matter where are you applying from? DO they consider all applicants in the same way or there might be a difficulty for me to get invited if I am already in Canada?

Kindly share your views..
Thank you

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Re: applying EE from CANADA or from PAKISTAN without PNP

MANI09 said:
Hello Everyone,
I have few questions for you.

I have recently completed my Master's degree from University of Manitoba Canada and now a days I am in Pakistan to see my family. I am planning to apply through Express Entry Skilled Worker Program directly instead of applying through standard procedure of PNP program in Manitoba to save time. My CSR points are 474 i.e. higher than the minimum scores in the majority of the recent rounds

Should I stay in Pakistan for complete procedure of EE or should I go back to Canada and apply EE there? Does it matter where are you applying from? DO they consider all applicants in the same way or there might be a difficulty for me to get invited if I am already in Canada?

Kindly share your views..
Thank you
Express entry is not a program itself, rather just a first step filtering scheme for who can apply. You still have to meet requirements for one of the 3 PR programs, either FSW, CEC or PNP.

You either have to qualify FSW (federal skilled worker) which requires you to have minimum one year of full time experience in the same profession / NOC (though you might have that experience before your masters in say Pakistan assuming you worked after bachelors for at least a year)

OR you might need to have one year of full time experience in the same NOC IN CANADA to qualify CEC.

If you have neither, unfortunately you cannot apply for PR yet irrespective of whatever points you have.

Beyond that, if you apply from Canada, then you can extend your status there i.e. being on a PGWP and if its expiring, you can get a BOWP to continue living in Canada while your PR processes.

You cannot get extension if you apply for PR from outside Canada.

Whatever you do don't change your location in the middle of process i.e. if you apply from Canada - stay there until your PR concludes (short visits are fine, i am referring to living for longer periods)

Or apply now from Pakistan and then move back to Canada continuing to work on your PGWP - Don't do this either

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sh3hzad said:
What ECA i will get for my 2 year B.A arts and 2 year M.B.A marketing ?
Any ideas ?
Likely equivalent of 3 years or more bachelors degree. You cannot get equivalent of Masters with only 16 years of education in total