+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants for Express Entry, Let's Network Here

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
I am working on uploading my documents and need one of fellow applicants' advise. Pakistani passport's last page is in Urdu; do I need to upload this since it's only regarding "conditions"(ضوابط) and "registration" and has no stamps on it? I'd rather not upload it if it's not necessary since I'm in US and not sure how it would be possible to translate it for myself and spouse.

Thanks in advance!

MMX

Star Member
Oct 11, 2012
rkhan15 said:
I am working on uploading my documents and need one of fellow applicants' advise. Pakistani passport's last page is in Urdu; do I need to upload this since it's only regarding "conditions"(ضوابط) and "registration" and has no stamps on it? I'd rather not upload it if it's not necessary since I'm in US and not sure how it would be possible to translate it for myself and spouse.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, you don't need to scan that page with the conditions.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
zeeshansial said:
I got my police certificate while i was in Pakistan and it doesn't make a difference. the link you sent, there must be some other reasons for rejection. because of PCC, it's almost unbelievable.
It certainly does make a difference if the PCC is covering prior country of residence and it has to be issued after the last time applicant was there.

Numerous people have been refused because of this. If you got away with it, consider yourself lucky.

For current country of residence, obviously it only has to be recent - i.e. issued in the last 6 months or so.

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
Hi guys...I'm also a fellow member and Pakistani :)

Please can you tell me how the CRS is calculated prior to even filling the online application?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ABC -Canada said:
Hi guys...I'm also a fellow member and Pakistani :)

Please can you tell me how the CRS is calculated prior to even filling the online application?
You can try these
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwtu3GBRDY6ZLY1erL44EBEiQAAKIcvm1oxWusm2NjsjwX3knamT89DjjAbDUl_JEGrwwmvxQaArui8P8HAQ

Note that these would be estimates and actual calculation might be slightly off based upon specific details

nomzie

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
fkl said:
It certainly does make a difference if the PCC is covering prior country of residence and it has to be issued after the last time applicant was there.

Numerous people have been refused because of this. If you got away with it, consider yourself lucky.

For current country of residence, obviously it only has to be recent - i.e. issued in the last 6 months or so.
Dear Fkl,

I am also in the process of applying for PCC from Pakistan. I am living abroad since 3 years now, although I have been visiting Pakistan on a regular basis. My question is, do I mention my address history on my Pakistan's PCC as continuous i.e. D.O.B. to present, or should I omit the time I stayed abroad and include my visits to Pakistan as separate items in address history of PCC? If I do the former, there would be an overlap in address history between my Pakistan's PCC and PCC for country of current residence. I called the police people in Pakistan and they say it is entirely up to me how I want my address history to appear in PCC.

Thank you!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
nomzie said:
Dear Fkl,

I am also in the process of applying for PCC from Pakistan. I am living abroad since 3 years now, although I have been visiting Pakistan on a regular basis. My question is, do I mention my address history on my Pakistan's PCC as continuous i.e. D.O.B. to present, or should I omit the time I stayed abroad and include my visits to Pakistan as separate items in address history of PCC? If I do the former, there would be an overlap in address history between my Pakistan's PCC and PCC for country of current residence. I called the police people in Pakistan and they say it is entirely up to me how I want my address history to appear in PCC.

Thank you!
Overlap is fine. PCC should cover dates up to your last visit.

nomzie

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
fkl said:
Overlap is fine. PCC should cover dates up to your last visit.
I thought CIC would wonder how the applicant could be in two countries at the same time. On the contrary, I thought overlap is not necessarily a bad thing in context of PCC. Thanks for the guidance! +1

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
nomzie said:
I thought CIC would wonder how the applicant could be in two countries at the same time. On the contrary, I thought overlap is not necessarily a bad thing in context of PCC. Thanks for the guidance! +1
Only pakistan's PCCS have wording like "lived at address x from a to b". All other places usually say there is nothing outstanding against this person. If they quote address, they can usually correlate multiple addresses into a single certificate.

Pakistan has no such thing. And you can get PCCs based upon address on NIC versus based upon having lived actually for work / study at a different address which was never on your NIC (but on other docs).

If CIC starts questioning this, they would have to account for all of above, which is virtually impossible.

So they stick to their basic requirement. Cover the ENTIRE time since the age of 18 via PCCs, irrespective of locations.

Many people submit overlapping PCCs. Others submit PCC for only their permanent address and ignore living in other cities for a few years (though then they adjust address history accordingly). All of these scenarios have been accepted by CIC for countless applicants. Good luck

malikirfan

Mar 25, 2017
fkl said:

Bundle of thanks fkl. You just saved me from a disaster.

malikirfan

Mar 25, 2017
fkl said:
Only pakistan's PCCS have wording like "lived at address x from a to b". All other places usually say there is nothing outstanding against this person. If they quote address, they can usually correlate multiple addresses into a single certificate.

Pakistan has no such thing. And you can get PCCs based upon address on NIC versus based upon having lived actually for work / study at a different address which was never on your NIC (but on other docs).

If CIC starts questioning this, they would have to account for all of above, which is virtually impossible.

So they stick to their basic requirement. Cover the ENTIRE time since the age of 18 via PCCs, irrespective of locations.

Many people submit overlapping PCCs. Others submit PCC for only their permanent address and ignore living in other cities for a few years (though then they adjust address history accordingly). All of these scenarios have been accepted by CIC for countless applicants. Good luck
Does this apply when you live abroad? Because in that case, you can not adjust address history. Will IRCC not deduce that PCC is invalid when it shows applicant as resident at the same time when he/she was resident in another country?

BasitBangash

Apr 5, 2016
Dear All

I have the following for my proof of fund:

1. Letter from my bank providing my account details, current balance and monthly average balance.
2. Gift Deed from my dad on Stamp (Notary) paper as he is giving me this money.
3. Bank Statement of my account showing credit from my dad.
4. Bank statement of my dad's account showing transfer of funds through cheque.
5. Letter from my bank, certifying that the amount was actually transferred from my dad's bank account through cheque number xxxxxxxxxx.

Is this enough or i need to add something else? Secondly as i am using gift deed for POF, do I need supportive LOE? if Yes what should it contain?

Lastly, this transaction is about a month old so what should be an ideal period for the bank statement of both accounts ( mine and that of my dad's)

Thank You

nomzie

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
BasitBangash said:
Dear All

I have the following for my proof of fund:

1. Letter from my bank providing my account details, current balance and monthly average balance.
2. Gift Deed from my dad on Stamp (Notary) paper as he is giving me this money.
3. Bank Statement of my account showing credit from my dad.
4. Bank statement of my dad's account showing transfer of funds through cheque.
5. Letter from my bank, certifying that the amount was actually transferred from my dad's bank account through cheque number xxxxxxxxxx.

Is this enough or i need to add something else? Secondly as i am using gift deed for POF, do I need supportive LOE? if Yes what should it contain?

Lastly, this transaction is about a month old so what should be an ideal period for the bank statement of both accounts ( mine and that of my dad's)

Thank You
That is sufficient. Just write a brief LoE connecting the dots. As per my observation on this forum, the bank statements need to be as recent as possible, especially the one showing your balance. Ideally, no more than two weeks old before submission.

BasitBangash

Apr 5, 2016
nomzie said:
That is sufficient. Just write a brief LoE connecting the dots. As per my observation on this forum, the bank statements need to be as recent as possible, especially the one showing your balance. Ideally, no more than two weeks old before submission.
Thank you nomzie. So I will submit these docs as support upload for POF and write a LOE right? Also should these statements be six months old or just showing that major transaction?