+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants for Express Entry, Let's Network Here

Hashmani

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Experts please advise..

I just want to know about the "No Objection Certificate" thing.. Does Pakistani government officers (currently serving) required any NOC from their employers for Immigration purpose?

Apr 8, 2016
Hi All,

Congrats to all who got their ITA,
I just have one question. Does Experience prior completing Bachelors Degree Count?
i have 2 years of Full time work Experience prior completing my degree from United Kingdom through distant learning.
And as i am in the IT industry, Degree is not really required to start working.
Other than my degree i also have 3 Cisco certification. Do they count aswell?

Please guide me on this?

Thanks
Shaheer

Soniaf

Apr 8, 2016
Hi all..I'm very much new to this immigration process and have no.clue whatsoever..I'll go step by step..Please tell me where am I going wrong

My husband is an.engineer by profession and the main applicant..he has more than 10 years of working experience..
I filled up the assessment from and.found my husband to be eligible for applying for express entry
At this stage I.didn't have my husband education assessment credentials but anyhow.We filled the express.profile and stated that we don't have ECA...

I thought we would fill.the profile and then.get the ECA..now.that profile is rejected within few hours of submittinh..Please help me.how.to.go.about it..both of.ours IELTS score is 7.5..
Please answer these questions
Is it.necessary to have ECA before making profile??
Do.I need to.have my.credentials assessed as well though my husband is.the primary applicant??
When filling the profile they asked for my husband's and my education..Do that.need to be filled according to what ECA states..like.if he's a bachelors then should we mark bachelors or just mark.what ECA state, even if it.makes.it equivalent.to a diploma...

Please answer.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Soniaf said:
Hi all..I'm very much new to this immigration process and have no.clue whatsoever..I'll go step by step..Please tell me where am I going wrong

My husband is an.engineer by profession and the main applicant..he has more than 10 years of working experience..
I filled up the assessment from and.found my husband to be eligible for applying for express entry
At this stage I.didn't have my husband education assessment credentials but anyhow.We filled the express.profile and stated that we don't have ECA...

I thought we would fill.the profile and then.get the ECA..now.that profile is rejected within few hours of submittinh..Please help me.how.to.go.about it..both of.ours IELTS score is 7.5..
Please answer these questions
Is it.necessary to have ECA before making profile??
Do.I need to.have my.credentials assessed as well though my husband is.the primary applicant??
When filling the profile they asked for my husband's and my education..Do that.need to be filled according to what ECA states..like.if he's a bachelors then should we mark bachelors or just mark.what ECA state, even if it.makes.it equivalent.to a diploma...

Please answer.

Yes you need an ECA to submit profile because when you are applying from outside of Canada, you are also assessed for minimum requirements of FSW program (which is the only program you can qualify generally without Canadian experience or provincial nomination). FSW requires you to score 67 points at least on its scale of 100. That includes having a university degree and at least a year's experience.

If you don't have ECA, you are not educated according to CIC score grid. Same goes with language test results.

Only primary applicant is assessed for FSW scores, not dependents. So you don't need ECA to submit profile. However, because of being married, you would loose 50 points in total CRS score which goes to spouse. If you don't do ECA or language test, those points might make the different between getting an invite to submit application vs not. E.g. you score 420 with husband ECA only and including spouse you might go above 450. This doesn't matter if you get a high score from other sources e.g. LMIA based job offer or provincial nomination. But otherwise, a spouse needs to get all of that done.

You should mark what your ECA assessed since that is the equivalent education you would be treated in Canada irrespective of what it is called outside of Canada.

Soniaf

Apr 8, 2016
Thanku so much sir..And one.more thing..I've also given.ielts so that would make a difference right even though I'm dependent on my husband..
Secondly when.filling the express.entry profile they asked us several times.for qualification of my husband..he's a bachelors with 4 years degree from Pakistan..but suppose when we get the.ECA , it says.that his degree is equivalent to 2 years.programme then.everywhere on qualifications we have to write 2 year programme or.4 years bachelors?

Soniaf

Apr 8, 2016
fkl said:
Yes you need an ECA to submit profile because when you are applying from outside of Canada, you are also assessed for minimum requirements of FSW program (which is the only program you can qualify generally without Canadian experience or provincial nomination). FSW requires you to score 67 points at least on its scale of 100. That includes having a university degree and at least a year's experience.

If you don't have ECA, you are not educated according to CIC score grid. Same goes with language test results.

Only primary applicant is assessed for FSW scores, not dependents. So you don't need ECA to submit profile. However, because of being married, you would loose 50 points in total CRS score which goes to spouse. If you don't do ECA or language test, those points might make the different between getting an invite to submit application vs not. E.g. you score 420 with husband ECA only and including spouse you might go above 450. This doesn't matter if you get a high score from other sources e.g. LMIA based job offer or provincial nomination. But otherwise, a spouse needs to get all of that done.

You should mark what your ECA assessed since that is the equivalent education you would be treated in Canada irrespective of what it is called outside of Canada.

Sorry.I.just read your.last line :) :)..

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shaheeriqbal91 said:
Hi All,

Congrats to all who got their ITA,
I just have one question. Does Experience prior completing Bachelors Degree Count?
i have 2 years of Full time work Experience prior completing my degree from United Kingdom through distant learning.
And as i am in the IT industry, Degree is not really required to start working.
Other than my degree i also have 3 Cisco certification. Do they count aswell?

Please guide me on this?

Thanks
Shaheer
Only experience post bachelors degree would count. This is FSW requirement, the only program one can qualify for PR without Canadian experience or Provincial nomination. Cisco certifications, won't really have any weightage in ECA. Only formal degree or diploma could play a role.

P.S. Even in IT, university degree does have significant weightage as an entry requirement in most places. Its true that people without it do make it every now and then, but again then they would have some thing else to by pass all such requirements.

asadjamalkhan

Sep 10, 2014
Is there in chances to get PNP, as i have 356 point :(... lemme know if there any state opened PNP except Ontario as they req 400+ score to be eligble

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
asadjamalkhan said:
Is there in chances to get PNP, as i have 356 point :(... lemme know if there any state opened PNP except Ontario as they req 400+ score to be eligble
There are several, I can count few for you
New Brunswick
Saskatchewan
Prince Edward Island
Nova Scotia

Good Luck

Apr 8, 2016
fkl said:
Only experience post bachelors degree would count. This is FSW requirement, the only program one can qualify for PR without Canadian experience or Provincial nomination. Cisco certifications, won't really have any weightage in ECA. Only formal degree or diploma could play a role.

P.S. Even in IT, university degree does have significant weightage as an entry requirement in most places. Its true that people without it do make it every now and then, but again then they would have some thing else to by pass all such requirements.

Thanks for your reply!
i have 2 more questions. It would be really great of you if you can help me with those aswell.

1. My bachelors degree is from UK, Staffordshire University. Will i also have to get my 0 & A levels certificates assessed through ECA along with my Degree?
cause i read somewhere that you only need to get you Degree assessed.

2. Can you help me with self assessment? How many Points do i score according to you?
i am 25 Years old and single
I have done my Bachelors in Applied Computing - 3 years program
have 1 year of experience post graduation
Ielts score = L 8, R 8, W 7, S 7
with no relative in Canada

what do you think would be my score? according to me its 404.
and do i need any consultant? or i can start the process myself? i am looking for PNP from Ontario.
do i stand a chance?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shaheeriqbal91 said:
Thanks for your reply!
i have 2 more questions. It would be really great of you if you can help me with those aswell.

1. My bachelors degree is from UK, Staffordshire University. Will i also have to get my 0 & A levels certificates assessed through ECA along with my Degree?
cause i read somewhere that you only need to get you Degree assessed.

2. Can you help me with self assessment? How many Points do i score according to you?
i am 25 Years old and single
I have done my Bachelors in Applied Computing - 3 years program
have 1 year of experience post graduation
Ielts score = L 8, R 8, W 7, S 7
with no relative in Canada

what do you think would be my score? according to me its 404.
and do i need any consultant? or i can start the process myself? i am looking for PNP from Ontario.
do i stand a chance?
You are welcome.

1. You should find those details on the particular ECA source you use. I have seen some variation in this. People with matric and inter / Fsc and bachelors / masters from Pakistan seemed to have provided all of those for their ECA. Where as unless my memory deceives me, people with degrees from other countries, could get those done without it. It might specially help if you already have O/A levels since then technically you don't have any qualification from Pakistan's local education system. Still I am not 100% sure of this and no personal experience since I never needed any such thing.

2. The best way for points assessment is CRS calculator. I cannot do that calculation on the top of my head and likely won't be as accurate at all. But very roughly, the score looks about right to me.

Sure if you are educated enough to read and follow instructions and can research a bit about things you have doubts, you certainly don't need consultants and can apply yourself. Besides, a regular consultant often knows far far less, stereo type things and at worst, cheat people falsely. At best, they do every thing right and charge you a lot of money.

Regarding whether you stand a chance or not, 404 is a long way to go. But you can get Ontario PNP which as I heard is requiring 400 points right now for nomination. You could also consider other PNP programs or even trying to score higher on language test to make it to 450 (I think even one point increase say all 8s affects your net CRS score by 20-30 points as a whole since it also affects score in adaptability).

Musman916

Jul 29, 2014
Hi all.

I had ECA from ICAS in Jan 2015. Its now well over one year. I want to start my immigration process under category 2132. Is there any new rule for this year and how what was last score chosen from pool? Is there any chance with a score of 390?

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Musman916 said:
Hi all.

I had ECA from ICAS in Jan 2015. Its now well over one year. I want to start my immigration process under category 2132. Is there any new rule for this year and how what was last score chosen from pool? Is there any chance with a score of 390?
Well since your score is 390, Provincial nomination is the only way for you at the moment, Especially if you do not have job offer from Canada as well. Please note that in last draw (dated. 6th april) cut off score was 470.

But since your NOC is 2132, that is, Mechanical engineer, which regulated occupation in Canada.Hence to claim points under provincial nomination with this NOC, you may require licence too. Only after that you will get nomination from a province. Getting that licence is a tough job.

some more knowledgeable people please correct me if I am wrong.