+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Should I apply online or try my luck for paper based application ? What u guys suggest ?
It doesn't matter. If you know how to combined pdfs then it doesn't matter.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
On the first stage because i applied on 21st and got this on 22nd
Is it a paper based application? Probably they'll take 20 days as people get such updates a week before approval or refusal or right before medical request. Also has your eligibility started yet?

arya.ayush8

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Its online. I don’t know i have 2 message in portal first recipt and 2 nd submited after that this come and nothing happen . On some other form a girl said that she had similar thing like this. It means they updated uci number

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Its online. I don’t know i have 2 message in portal first recipt and 2 nd submited after that this come and nothing happen . On some other form a girl said that she had similar thing like this. It means they updated uci number
It doesn't mean anything. Tell us when you get a second update like this. They wont even send you an email for it but it will show on your portal

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
Does following documents can do the job for financial docunents?

1)Property documents of land on my father name .
2)fixed deposit of 30 lacs on my name
3)land ownership on my name
4) fees paid

Moreover the property documents are in urdu , how to get it translated?

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Does following documents can do the job for financial docunents?

1)Property documents of land on my father name .
2)fixed deposit of 30 lacs on my name
3)land ownership on my name
4) fees paid

Moreover the property documents are in urdu , how to get it translated?
Yes they'll do so. Just pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year as it will make your finances strong. Make sure that the university has a 100% refund policy in case of a refusal. As far as translation is concerned, i do not have any idea... @AstronomyNut any idea?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
For translation, you need to provide:

1) Scans of Original Documents in Urdu
2) Scans of Translated Documents
3) Scan of Affidavit of Translator

Affidavit should list the documents which were translated, that he his well versed in english and urdu, name and contact.

Translator can be any person except a relative.

tameezs

May 21, 2018
How long does the eligibility usually take? I know that background check requires 3 weeks or so. I submitted my application on June 6, and a little less than 3 weeks have passed but compensating for eid holidays it's going to take a week more. How much time after that wud be required for eligibility? Any idea of when to expect the medical call or rejection?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
How long does the eligibility usually take? I know that background check requires 3 weeks or so. I submitted my application on June 6, and a little less than 3 weeks have passed but compensating for eid holidays it's going to take a week more. How much time after that wud be required for eligibility? Any idea of when to expect the medical call or rejection?
In my case, it took 3 weeks to get a medical call. I know another for whom it took 4 weeks and another for whom it was 7 weeks.

Razahaider1

Jun 4, 2018
I got 30 lacs in my bank account a day ago and I got the money by selling my mothers jewellery. I am showing the affidavit of the Gold dealer that took the gold with 30 lacs mentioning on it.
Will these documents work for me?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I got 30 lacs in my bank account a day ago and I got the money by selling my mothers jewellery. I am showing the affidavit of the Gold dealer that took the gold with 30 lacs mentioning on it.
Will these documents work for me?
Show the receipt. If you don't have, ask for one. Make sure it's not hand written.

tameezs

May 21, 2018
My application status just got updated to 'Application updated/Profile updated' and upon clicking on the full application status, I found out that my eligibility review has started, though the background check is also still in progress. In both of my previous two applications, this has never happened. I got a refusal as soon as background check was completed and I don't remember my application status saying 'Application updated'. Does this mean anything? Or make my chances any brighter or slimmer? Also, can I soon expect a SIGNIFICANT update, that being a rejection or the medical call?

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
My application status just got updated to 'Application updated/Profile updated' and upon clicking on the full application status, I found out that my eligibility review has started, though the background check is also still in progress. In both of my previous two applications, this has never happened. I got a refusal as soon as background check was completed and I don't remember my application status saying 'Application updated'. Does this mean anything? Or make my chances any brighter or slimmer? Also, can I soon expect a SIGNIFICANT update, that being a rejection or the medical call?
No this is a general update. You'll get another one like this next week and a response from their end. I applied on 20th October, got the same update as yours on 30th October (eligibility review started) and on 8th i got another such update (medical being reviewed for medical and i didn't do medical upfront) and got medical on the next day. So wait for the next one i guess.

MuhammadTalha

Jun 25, 2018
Aoa,
My name is Muhammad Talha. New on this forum..Got admission in University of Regina in MSc Computer science.
Applied for Study permit Online application on June 9th, 2018. It's been two weeks my BIL (biometrics information letter) is not generated yet.
My application was submitted successfully. Wondering if any body is facing same problem or what,if some body knows it? what should i do?
because i know couple of peoples who applied for study permit online and their BIL (Biometrics information letter) generated within 48 hours after they
applied?
Any suggestion please?