+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

tameezs

May 21, 2018
It has been more than 3 months to the application and more than 3 weeks to the medical. My session starts in mid August so do you think they would stall approving/sending the passport earlier so that the person can’t travel way before University starts?
To stall a person from actually leaving, way before the university starts, I think they would simply set the start date of ur study permit to a later date, rather than to keep hold of your passport for no reason whatsoever, perhaps..

Roshana

May 13, 2018
To stall a person from actually leaving, way before the university starts, I think they would simply set the start date of ur study permit to a later date, rather than to keep hold of your passport for no reason whatsoever, perhaps..
Oh, I didn’t know about the date thing. But it has gotten beyond the processing time and they don’t reply to the web enquiries, really hope they don’t reject me after 3 months. Mostly everyone gets an answer after this long.

tameezs

May 21, 2018
Oh, I didn’t know about the date thing. But it has gotten beyond the processing time and they don’t reply to the web enquiries, really hope they don’t reject me after 3 months. Mostly everyone gets an answer after this long.
Ohh no no, consider your application accepted. It might take long but if your application was to be rejected, they would've done it by now. And as far as I know, medical is the last step. Which means your application has cleared all the previous benchmarks and that your application is accepted, subject to your medical well-being.
So I guess, just be a little more patient where you have been patient for so long. Good news will follow for sure in the coming weeks! God bless!

Fatimaa Shah

May 7, 2018
If they wants to reject you they will never send you the medical request. Sending the medical requesting is giving a clear signal that they are not interested for the refusal.
And in my case, the VO took around 6 months for the background check and security clearance and after all that he also interviewed me via telephonic.
So don't worry, if your application is taking time that means you're in right way.
I know waiting is weird sometimes but you've to stay calm and +ve
All I would say is just keep praying because that's what we can do and nothing else and that's what I've learned.
Don't give cse again and again because sending cse multiple times could put a bit -ve impact on your case.

All the Best.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
It has been more than 3 months to the application and more than 3 weeks to the medical. My session starts in mid August so do you think they would stall approving/sending the passport earlier so that the person can’t travel way before University starts?
No they don't. They are just extremely slow as they have to deal with visa applications from Qatar, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Afghanistan, Pakistan and some few other countries. At this stage i am sure they are doing a background check which commences after medical as far as the one related to your criminal history is concerned. As long as you have done nothing in that area, InsAllah you'll be approved because they send medical requests to only those who they want to accept and who meets the eligibility. It takes a lot of time in the background check especially for students from Pakistan for obvious reasons. My application took 5 months and 3 months after medical was passed so just wait. Also they approved my application and returned my passport in March but my classes will begin in September so they could have kept my passport too but they didn't. Which University were you accepted to?

Heaven123

Jun 8, 2018
I submiited my paper based application for Canada Study Permit on 7th June 2018.In my SOP i have declared my father assets as 450 milliom whereas the assets are of 45 million.I have attached all the property evaluation documents with my application.I mistakleny written 450 million and it was a human error

I really need a serious advise advice from all of you since i am very depressed.
No they don't. They are just extremely slow as they have to deal with visa applications from Qatar, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Afghanistan, Pakistan and some few other countries. At this stage i am sure they are doing a background check which commences after medical as far as the one related to your criminal history is concerned. As long as you have done nothing in that area, InsAllah you'll be approved because they send medical requests to only those who they want to accept and who meets the eligibility. It takes a lot of time in the background check especially for students from Pakistan for obvious reasons. My application took 5 months and 3 months after medical was passed so just wait. Also they approved my application and returned my passport in March but my classes will begin in September so they could have kept my passport too but they didn't. Which University were you accepted to?

Heaven123

Jun 8, 2018
Dear Hussain

Please advise as per below details :
I submiited my paper based application for Canada Study Permit on 7th June 2018.In my SOP i have declared my father assets as 450 milliom whereas the assets are of 45 million.I have attached all the property evaluation documents with my application.I mistakleny written 450 million and it was a human error

I really need a serious advise advice from all of you since i am very depressed

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Dear Hussain

Please advise as per below details :

I really need a serious advise advice from all of you since i am very depressed
There is no need to worry about. You can use the web form to inform them about the error but even if you choose not to, i think they'll understand that it was just a typo since you have provided all the valuation so it wont come under misrepresentation. It's a minor mistake so there is no need to worry about but if you are still worried and depressed then use the web form to send a case specific inquiry and inform them about the mistake.

Roshana

May 13, 2018
It took you a total of 8 months? That’s scary now. I have been admitted to Rotman, UofT for MBA that starts in mid-Aug so I don’t have that much time left now. Considering I applied in March, I thought I had ample amount of time for the visa processing but my medical got delayed. I had a complete and clean application with no foul record. They probably don’t work on files till medical results are received.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
It took you a total of 8 months? That’s scary now. I have been admitted to Rotman, UofT for MBA that starts in mid-Aug so I don’t have that much time left now. Considering I applied in March, I thought I had ample amount of time for the visa processing but my medical got delayed. I had a complete and clean application with no foul record. They probably don’t work on files till medical results are received.
After medical it’s very rare to hear a refusal. And you have still 6-7 weeks left.

You can email UofT asking if they will be ok deferring incase it’s delayed further. I’m sure itlll be ok because most schools defer in case if delay.

Last edited:

tameezs

May 21, 2018
I submitted paper application in the Karachi visa office, and I linked it to my online account. Just wanted to know if there is any downside to linking the paper application with my GCkey, as one of my previous two applications was an online one and one was a paper one linked this account, both of which were refused. Also, we just have to link the application, right? No docs have to be submitted online as all docs were submitted on paper, and it's ok if the portal reads 'no forms submitted' and 'no supporting documents submitted', right?

Roshana

May 13, 2018
I submitted paper application in the Karachi visa office, and I linked it to my online account. Just wanted to know if there is any downside to linking the paper application with my GCkey, as one of my previous two applications was an online one and one was a paper one linked this account, both of which were refused. Also, we just have to link the application, right? No docs have to be submitted online as all docs were submitted on paper, and it's ok if the portal reads 'no forms submitted' and 'no supporting documents submitted', right?
I have done the same. Linking the application is just to get step-by-step updates on the application. It doesn’t mean a ‘new’ application so no need to submit anything if everything was included in the paper application. You would also see your submission date of your paper-based one. And I don’t see any reason for downside. It is the same old application with an online link for updates so it should be treated as that only.

Roshana

May 13, 2018
After medical it’s very rare to hear a refusal. And you have still 6-7 weeks left.

You can email UofT asking if they will be ok deferring incase it’s delayed further. I’m sure itlll be ok because most schools defer in case if delay.
Yeah I hope to hear something till end June. These eid holidays have further created a gap so now Abu Dhabi would be in holiday mode. I personally don’t wanna defer it, that will be my last resort and I really hope it doesn’t come to that.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
it took 5 months.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Yeah I hope to hear something till end June. These eid holidays have further created a gap so now Abu Dhabi would be in holiday mode. I personally don’t wanna defer it, that will be my last resort and I really hope it doesn’t come to that.
There is no need for you to worry. You have applied well within time. You'll probably hear back from them in July at max.