+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello folks, new to this forum, need some help, please.
Applied at INFOCUS FILM SCHOOL, Vancouver, got accepted, now it’s time to apply for study permit, can someone tell me about do’s & dont’s Of the procedure please. I mean what kind of bank statement would be enough to secure visa, can I use my brothers statement who is already in Vancouver or do I need to use my own?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Hello folks, new to this forum, need some help, please.
Applied at INFOCUS FILM SCHOOL, Vancouver, got accepted, now it’s time to apply for study permit, can someone tell me about do’s & dont’s Of the procedure please. I mean what kind of bank statement would be enough to secure visa, can I use my brothers statement who is already in Vancouver or do I need to use my own?
do: study various cases on this forum
don't: use a family member in Canada as a sponsor. It shows a very strong tie.

Reactions: PARAM-

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks.
Anyone else with any experience? Any idea? Any suggestions?

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Thanks.
Anyone else with any experience? Any idea? Any suggestions?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp

You can get the document checklist and the required forms for your country here^

Requirements of embassy for study permit....
1. Canada application form( 4 forms available on CIC website)
2. Statement of purpose (SOP, write 2-3 pages)
3. Acceptance letter from university
4. Offer letter from university
5. Evidence of fee paid to university
6. IELTS photocopy ( must be notarized from notary public)
7. All educational documents photocopy (attested from hec, ibcc, and notarized from notary public: For Pakistani applicants only )Note: This is for paper based application since they wont return your original certificates, you can upload original certificates if you are applying online.
8. Bank statement( original documents of bank which shows your details of account and it must be six months old account. It can also work with 4 months if you pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year upfront)
9. Source of income( How much do you and/or your sponsor earns; you would have to show payslips and bank statements to show that. You also need to show property of 2-3 crore or above. It would be better to do you)
10. Family registration certificate (FRC from nadra) original
11. Police clearance certificate original
12. Polio certificate original
13. Your NIC and your parents NIC's photocopy and must be notarized
14. Your original passport and all pages of it photocopy

You need to show a minimum of: tuition fee for the first year plus 12000 CAD as proof of funds but the more the better. It would be highly recommended to pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year upfront as it would make your case pretty strong. Make sure the University has a 100% refund policy in case of a refusal.

Make sure to state your purpose and future plans in your SOP like what will you do with your education back here in Pakistan and also makes sure to show ties with your home country (properties, investments, ties with family members etc) that will compel you to leave Canada at the end of your stay. These two are the common reasons of refusal so you have to work on these.

Also check this website:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/international-students.2/

If you have any query, you can ask here as well. This forum helped me a lot when I applied. I hope this information helps you.

Note: Your brother in Canada would make your case weak since you have a reason to stay in Canada after your studies and just like your brother didn't leave, they would assume that you wont either. Make your father your sponsor and you need to explain very convincingly that your case is different from your brother's and you will leave once your studies are completed.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Hussain, just so I understand fully, for online application: no documents need to be attested as long as the scan is of the original, correct?

Second, do I need to provide my father's ID card's copy? He is not my sponsor as my father - just as an CEO of a public company.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Hussain, just so I understand fully, for online application: no documents need to be attested as long as the scan is of the original, correct?

Second, do I need to provide my father's ID card's copy? He is not my sponsor as my father - just as an CEO of a public company.
Yes i have heard the same but i still attested some of them like the police certificate, frc, affidavits etc. I didn't attest the educational documents though.

Frc will have the iD card copy on it so i think there is no need to do so. I provided an english translation of it though.

Reactions: AstronomyNut

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Yes i have heard the same but i still attested some of them like the police certificate, frc, affidavits etc. I didn't attest the educational documents though.

Frc will have the iD card copy on it so i think there is no need to do so. I provided an english translation of it though.
That would mean attesting the original document? Not sure if I follow because all my documents are original. Only translations (of title deeds) that I'm attaching are attested + affidavit from translator, as per CIC requirements.

For ID Card: my and my father's are in English (new computerized one). The address in the back is in Urdu but that's also provided on FRC in English. Still provide translation?

Infact, all the documents that I have except FRC and Police Certificate from Pakistan, have a originality strip running on the paper - much like you have in O/A level certificates.

PARAM-

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Visa Approved.

Date applied: 16th Feb 2018
Medical: Upfront
Medical Updated 18th March
First Updated status: 25th March
Second Updated status: 28th April
Third Updated status: 30th April
Passport Request: 1st May
Passport Submitted: 2nd May
Passport Returned: 8th May
SOP: None
Attempt: 4th
Program: Masters of Computer Science
University: Dalhousie

Additional Documents:

IELTS: 7.5 bands
Police Certificate
Undergrad Degree
O/A Levels documents
Property Documents
Bank statement of 30 lacs

Sorry for informing a bit late. Was waiting to get the passport in hand.
its okay to wait Congrats. :D Patience is Virtue

you applied without SOP and it was 4 th attempt ?? how can you please share your experience, thanks in advance.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
That would mean attesting the original document? Not sure if I follow because all my documents are original. Only translations (of title deeds) that I'm attaching are attested + affidavit from translator, as per CIC requirements.

For ID Card: my and my father's are in English (new computerized one). The address in the back is in Urdu but that's also provided on FRC in English. Still provide translation?

Infact, all the documents that I have except FRC and Police Certificate from Pakistan, have a originality strip running on the paper - much like you have in O/A level certificates.
Yar i didn't attest the important ones jinki original mujhe baad mein kabhi chaheye hon like alevels/olevels certificates, IELTS card etc baqi sab attest kara diye thay to be on the safe side. Waise it wont matter as long as they are original. I was just very insecure after my first refusal so i attested almost all of them.

Yes i had to provide the translation (that i did it myself and got it attested) because the same reason. The address was in urdu otherwise a copy of it would have worked.

Regarding police certificate and frc, i uploaded a photocopy that was attested while i should have just uploaded the original one. So it is all the same thing. Upload the original and there wont be a need to attest.

Reactions: AstronomyNut

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

You can get the document checklist and the required forms for your country here^

7. All educational documents photocopy (attested from hec, ibcc, and notarized from notary public: For Pakistani applicants only )Note: This is for paper based application since they wont return your original certificates, you can upload original certificates if you are applying online.
8. Bank statement( original documents of bank which shows your details of account and it must be six months old account. It can also work with 4 months if you pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year upfront)
9. Source of income( How much do you and/or your sponsor earns; you would have to show payslips and bank statements to show that. You also need to show property of 2-3 crore or above. It would be better to do you)

You need to show a minimum of: tuition fee for the first year plus 12000 CAD as proof of funds but the more the better. It would be highly recommended to pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year upfront as it would make your case pretty strong. Make sure the University has a 100% refund policy in case of a refusal.

Make sure to state your purpose and future plans in your SOP like what will you do with your education back here in Pakistan and also makes sure to show ties with your home country (properties, investments, ties with family members etc) that will compel you to leave Canada at the end of your stay. These two are the common reasons of refusal so you have to work on these.

Also check this website:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/international-students.2/

If you have any query, you can ask here as well. This forum helped me a lot when I applied. I hope this information helps you.

Note: Your brother in Canada would make your case weak since you have a reason to stay in Canada after your studies and just like your brother didn't leave, they would assume that you wont either. Make your father your sponsor and you need to explain very convincingly that your case is different from your brother's and you will leave once your studies are completed.
[/QUOTEthank you for your detailed reply.

Also check this website:

thank you for your detailed reply.
My brother is Canadian citizen, been there for the last 12 years.
Does anyone know how long before start of classes at least one should apply for visa?

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
thank you for your detailed reply.
My brother is Canadian citizen, been there for the last 12 years.
Does anyone know how long before start of classes at least one should apply for visa?
It would be better to apply as early as possible but at least 3 months prior to the classes. The majority gets their decision in this time but the logic behind applying as early as possible is that even if you face a rejection, you would still have enough time to correct your application and reapply so that you wont miss the intake. I would agree with @AstronomyNut as some applications take a lot of time. A friend applied in Feb last year and was refused in March. He corrected his application and reapplied in April and was approved in August.

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
As early as possible. I've seen cases taking as long as 6-7 months to process.
My classes start in September 2018,
Another question- how long do I have to keep funds for at in my account at least before I should submit my file ?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
My classes start in September 2018,
Another question- how long do I have to keep funds for at in my account at least before I should submit my file ?
The length of time is less important than showing where you got the funds from but the longer they have been in your account the better. The #1 concern of a VO is "are these funds available for his education or are they borrowed?". If a huge amount suddenly appears in your account, you must explain it. For example, if you sold an asset then attach credible documentation that proves that. Similarly, if your father transfers the funds, then explain that.

You need to show you have enough funds for 1 year. It is much better if you pay the university upfront.

In addition, you must prove you have the capacity to fund rest of the years. You do this by showing your annual income via Income Tax Returns or if your bank statement has regular inputs on a monthly basis and they are enough to cover your expenses for a year. Similarly, if you have any income from any source, just provide credible documentation to prove so (agriculture/farming, business, rents etc). Read through some previous posts by @hussainkestrel in this very thread and you'll find some ideas.

Reactions: PARAM-