+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
That is the reason i am saying to do both. Otherwise you would have to show the funds for two years and that is difficult for some people.
Sorry, do you mean transfer funds to the university and also show some in the bank? As I said, that would be possible. I can show CAD 10000 transferred to the university plus an additional CAD 45000 in a bank account of my name. This covers me for 2 years + travel expenses.

However, out of the CAD 45000, about CAD 30000 is in the form of a gift of my father (i.e. he will sell real estate and give me the money). This will show up clearly in a bank statement of 6 months. I will have explain this somehow.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Sorry, do you mean transfer funds to the university and also show some in the bank? As I said, that would be possible. I can show CAD 10000 transferred to the university plus an additional CAD 45000 in a bank account of my name. This covers me for 2 years + travel expenses.

However, out of the CAD 45000, about CAD 30000 is in the form of a gift of my father (i.e. he will sell real estate and give me the money). This will show up clearly in a bank statement of 6 months. I will have explain this somehow.
Yes exactly, you can say that the family business has given you the money for your education. Try to transfer it from the official bank account if possible however if that isn't possible then tell them that you sold a property in order to sponsor your education and use any other properties, the family business, ties with family and job offer to show ties with the country. Wont hurt much.

burhan1985

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Port Elgin, ON, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London (VCM)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-Sept-2014
Nomination.....
07-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent already
File Transfer...
05-Jan-2015
Med's Request
28-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
30-Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-Aug-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-Aug-2015 (PP Returned)
LANDED..........
03-Oct-2015
any good news? Anyone got PPR from OCT 20- OCT 30th batch with medicals passed?
Nope... 30OCT applicant, medical passed near 27NOV.. No response after that...

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Yes exactly, you can say that the family business has given you the money for your education. Try to transfer it from the official bank account if possible however if that isn't possible then tell them that you sold a property in order to sponsor your education and use any other properties, the family business, ties with family and job offer to show ties with the country. Wont hurt much.
OK. I think I can get a letter and a get the funds transferred from the company bank account. However, would I need to show company finances? Tax? Since the money has been transferred, I don't see why it would matter.

I am asking McGill if it is possible to pre-pay the tution and it is. However, they cannot provide me with a letter confirming the payment till July which they admit would be too late.

Instead, I would have to show wire transfer docs from the bank as proof that I have pre-paid tution fees. Waterloo and Queens provide funding so most of this won't matter then.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
OK. I think I can get a letter and a get the funds transferred from the company bank account. However, would I need to show company finances? Tax? Since the money has been transferred, I don't see why it would matter.

I am asking McGill if it is possible to pre-pay the tution and it is. However, they cannot provide me with a letter confirming the payment till July which they admit would be too late.

Instead, I would have to show wire transfer docs from the bank as proof that I have pre-paid tution fees. Waterloo and Queens provide funding so most of this won't matter then.
If you can provide them with the income tax returns number or so, that would be great. It would make your case stronger. Otherwise i think, a letter would be fine. But you have to show the full 2 years tuition fee amount.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Well, I discussed all the suggestions you provided with my father. I think transferring from the company account might be difficult as it would disturb the company finances and tax etc.

So I have two options here:
1) Forget the company idea and letter. Instead, just transfer from my father's account. The worry here is that I'm gaining the specialization for the company business, the visa officer will question "why isn't the company at least paying partially?"

2) Do Bank Statement show "From" Account Number/Name? If not, then I can simply transfer from my father's account and the company can provide a letter as before + income tax receipts to show it's a strong company.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Well, I discussed all the suggestions you provided with my father. I think transferring from the company account might be difficult as it would disturb the company finances and tax etc.

So I have two options here:
1) Forget the company idea and letter. Instead, just transfer from my father's account. The worry here is that I'm gaining the specialization for the company business, the visa officer will question "why isn't the company at least paying partially?"

2) Do Bank Statement show "From" Account Number/Name? If not, then I can simply transfer from my father's account and the company can provide a letter as before + income tax receipts to show it's a strong company.
Yes of course the bank statement will show the name and account number. I think you should do this. Make your father your sponsor and transfer the money from his bank account. Also show the transaction through his bank statement in order to show that the money came from your father. You just need to get a letter from him and show that he has business or is employed at a family business and get an employment letter from the company on their letterhead. Employment letter or wage statement shows how much he earns in a year and that he is employed in the business that you claim he is to the visa officer.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Yes of course the bank statement will show the name and account number. I think you should do this. Make your father your sponsor and transfer the money from his bank account. Also show the transaction through his bank statement in order to show that the money came from your father. You just need to get a letter from him and show that he has business or is employed at a family business and get an employment letter from the company on their letterhead. Employment letter or wage statement shows how much he earns in a year and that he is employed in the business that you claim he is to the visa officer.

OK. Just to break it down:

Also show the transaction through his bank statement in order to show that the money came from your father.
Would an affidavit + photocopy of cheque suffice or statement is necessary? Statement isn't an issue (I think) as it has had about CAD 30000 sitting for about 1-2 months. We could say it's savings for my education?

You just need to get a letter from him and show that he has business or is employed at a family business and get an employment letter from the company on their letterhead.
Letter: OK. Contents about transferring the funds to my account in Feb for my education.
Employment: Employment letter not an issue.
Ownership: Can show company registration which shows his shares + Income tax receipts to show company's health.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
OK. Just to break it down:

Would an affidavit + photocopy of cheque suffice or statement is necessary? Statement isn't an issue (I think) as it has had about CAD 30000 sitting for about 1-2 months. We could say it's savings for my education?
A statement would be better as they can verify the statement. Yes you can say that the money is savings for your education.
Letter: OK. Contents about transferring the funds to my account in Feb for my education.
Employment: Employment letter not an issue.
Ownership: Can show company registration which shows his shares + Income tax receipts to show company's health.
Yes exactly. You wont have a problem i guess if you do this. Having your father as a sponsor makes your case stronger. Just get the letters and if you can show the tax returns receipt to show the health of the company, then that would be great. Letter will include that he will sponsor you for your education in Canada and will be on an affidavit.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
All you have to do is explain it well in your statement of purpose, transfer the money and it wont be a problem.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
All you have to do is explain it well in your statement of purpose, transfer the money and it wont be a problem.
Dude, thank you so much for all your advice. I'm working on my SOP as I type this.

One final question: the idea in my essay is that I'm doing the specialization for the business, as it gains us competitive advantage. Only hesitation in my mind is that won't the visa officer wonder "OK, he's doing it for the company, then why isn't the company sponsoring him?"

Truthfully, the company cannot sponsor me as it's a typical Pakistani family issue.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Dude, thank you so much for all your advice. I'm working on my SOP as I type this.

One final question: the idea in my essay is that I'm doing the specialization for the business, as it gains us competitive advantage. Only hesitation in my mind is that won't the visa officer wonder "OK, he's doing it for the company, then why isn't the company sponsoring him?"

Truthfully, the company cannot sponsor me as it's a typical Pakistani family issue.
No that's not an issue. It would have been an advantage if they sponsored you but not the other way around. Your father has some shares in the company, not all the shares so that makes sense why the company is not sponsoring you. Just show the required funds and explain why this education will help you run the company and hopefully there wont be a problem.

mary2337

Nov 24, 2017
Oct 30th applicant, medical passed, we are still waiting been 3 months today. Does anyone know what is going on. Visa office Abu Dhabi :(