+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

itsomar9000

Jul 29, 2018
Hey guys. My Biometric's status changed today from 'Complete' to 'We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.'

There was information added regarding the Biometrics under Applicant Information:
Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: 07/11/2018
  • Expiry Date: 07/11/2028
Any idea what this change/update reflects?

Muzzi6191

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hey guys. My Biometric's status changed today from 'Complete' to 'We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.'

There was information added regarding the Biometrics under Applicant Information:
Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: 27/09/2017
  • Expiry Date: 07/11/2027
Same here brother just the different dates

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: 07/11/2018
  • Expiry Date: 07/11/2028
Every one experienced this. IRCC did major upgrades recently. And specifically regarding biometrics. They have announced it globally thay all applicants may have to submit biometrics regardless of countries. I think its happening because of latest update.
Instead of buimetircs compelet message there are dates for how long your biometics will be validnin IRCC system.

Muzzi6191

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Every one experienced this. IRCC did major upgrades recently. And specifically regarding biometrics. They have announced it globally thay all applicants may have to submit biometrics regardless of countries. I think its happening because of latest update.
Instead of buimetircs compelet message there are dates for how long your biometics will be validnin IRCC system.
Some hope was there but if it is a general thing than

itsomar9000

Jul 29, 2018
I see. Can this be seen as an update or can it show any type of progress in the application?

choudhry

Jul 19, 2018
Hey bro,
If I was you I would get a medical and give my medical upfront and have it ready for the embassy. This might save you some days.
Hi guys, I'm a mature student and I submitted my online application pretty late, 9th July. Received admission to OCAD U's BDES in Graphic Design and the semester begins on 5th September. After going through the forums, I realized that if your documents are complete and everything looks good, you receive a medical request 21-30 days from the date of application submission. That should be around the 8th of August in my case. In my Cover Letter I highlighted that my classes start on the 5th of September and made a request to grant me a study permit before my classes commence. Problem is the Security Clearance after the medical takes a good 1-2.5 months from what I've read.

The university does not defer admissions as all of their programs begin during Fall. This bit I forgot to mention in my Cover Letter. I wanted to know if I should submit a CSE which notifies them that I wont be able to defer my admission and all my efforts would go to waste if I do not receive a study permit on time.

Online Application Submitted: 9th July 2018
Biometrics Request: 10th July 2018
Biometrics Submitted: 11th July 2018
Current Status: No updates after Biometrics.

itsomar9000

Jul 29, 2018
Hey bro,
If I was you I would get a medical and give my medical upfront and have it ready for the embassy. This might save you some days.
I've read that giving the medical upfront isn't that beneficial and in most cases does not ensure that you'll be receiving a visa. So waiting on the medical request but your suggestion makes sense too considering I don't have time.

choudhry

Jul 19, 2018
I am not implying that it will increase your chances of getting a visa, just stating the obvious 2 weeks that you would be able to save yourself. Everyday holds immense importance. You never know, even if you get an appointment sometime around the 2nd week of August, the embassy asks you for a medical in the same time period.

itsomar9000

Jul 29, 2018
I am not implying that it will increase your chances of getting a visa, just stating the obvious 2 weeks that you would be able to save yourself. Everyday holds immense importance. You never know, even if you get an appointment sometime around the 2nd week of August, the embassy asks you for a medical in the same time period.
That is true, time is of the essence. However, I've already submitted my application. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to upload the upfront medical while submitting the application?