+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
You need to provide a letter from your university that you are exempt. They couldn't care less about your A Level college!

Your university's co-operation is key here.

In addition, include screen shot of webpages from York and highlight the text which says you are exempt.

Here's what I would do: if I could, I would take the exam. Even if it means traveling to another city to get an earlier date, I'd go. Take the exam and then give them the result. Take the exam if you can.

If you decide to take the exam, ask for above letter from York anyway! You never know exam gets delayed, result is not out whatever the case maybe - even though British Council is very reliable but try to be ahead of the curve. If you get the result, post that.

Last edited:

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckAvailability.aspx

The earliest you can give IELTS is 21st July i think. You'll get the result on the 13th day so you have plenty of time. I would recommend to give IELTS. It shows you are a bona fide student and are not finding loop holes to avoid what they have asked for. Register for it asap on the link given above and i'll provide you with resources from where you can practice it.

Reactions: faraz123

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
I got an update on my application, saying to submit IELTS/CELPIP results by 6th August. I have not taken the IELTS exam. The request letter states that if you cannot provide this document, then provide an explanation of why you cannot provide the information.
I have an English Language Proficiency letter from my letter, should I upload that letter along with the explanation that my university did not require IELTS so I did not appear for it? Or can the IELTS be taken and results received by 6th August?
contact your university where you took admission in canada. If they reply you at your email that this course does not require IELTs then it will be enough. Upload the email and also if you can acquire an English proficiency letter from your former university registrar then you will have no problem at all Insha Allah

Irfan Mustafa

May 9, 2018
I got an update on my application, saying to submit IELTS/CELPIP results by 6th August. I have not taken the IELTS exam. The request letter states that if you cannot provide this document, then provide an explanation of why you cannot provide the information.
I have an English Language Proficiency letter from my letter, should I upload that letter along with the explanation that my university did not require IELTS so I did not appear for it? Or can the IELTS be taken and results received by 6th August?
Did you get an update today? I think the Canadian embassy is closed today. When have you applied for the visa?

Jul 6, 2018
Hi guys i am M. Shaheer, i got my conditional offer from University of concordia on may 9th , then i applied for CAQ on 29th may as it is needed if ur university is in Quebec got the approval on 29th june , now i have to apply for the study permit. Someone advised not to apply now as my offer is conditional and wait until after the the result that is in August, to apply. Is it the right decision ? I also want to know what documents i should attach to show as financial proof ?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Hi guys i am M. Shaheer, i got my conditional offer from University of concordia on may 9th , then i applied for CAQ on 29th may as it is needed if ur university is in Quebec got the approval on 29th june , now i have to apply for the study permit. Someone advised not to apply now as my offer is conditional and wait until after the the result that is in August, to apply. Is it the right decision ? I also want to know what documents i should attach to show as financial proof ?
What are the conditions of your admission?

Please search this thread for financial proof. But in general you need to provide a bank statement which has had your first year’s tuition fee + 12,000 CAD in it for 6+ months.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Hi guys i am M. Shaheer, i got my conditional offer from University of concordia on may 9th , then i applied for CAQ on 29th may as it is needed if ur university is in Quebec got the approval on 29th june , now i have to apply for the study permit. Someone advised not to apply now as my offer is conditional and wait until after the the result that is in August, to apply. Is it the right decision ?
If you are from Pakistan then it does not matter whether your offer is conditional or not. All of my friends applied with a conditional letter of acceptance and they got approved

Reactions: M.Shaheer Kamran

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
did they paid the tution fee before applying ?
Some did. Some didn't. It is highly recommended to pay the first semester or year fee in advance. Do check the refund policy in case of a refusal before doing so.