+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

amramjb123

Mar 23, 2018
Hi, while what you write makes it appear that your application was strong there must be still something that's not satisfying the visa offcer:

1) What course were you going to study in Canada and where?
2) Do you have a study gap? If so, do you explain it in your SOP?
3) After your first rejection, did you apply for GCMS notes?
4) Do you have family in Canada?
5) What were your grades in BBA like? The BBA program in UOL is available online and on various 'centers' around the world. Did you study at the University of London or elsewhere?
My consultant had found a college which he said suited my profile. Centennial college in Ontario.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
1) I was applying marketing management. Graduate certificate. That I what my consultant suggested me.
2) no study gap, I received my degree in 16 and applied in 16
3) no I have never requested gcms notes
4) my younger brother is there. Has was born there in 1995 when my dad went for his theological seminary.
5 ) I have a upper second class honors degree. I didn't personally study at UOL. I studied at an affiliate center. In Pakistan. But the degree is accredited from the UOL with UOL stamps.
1) OK. Listen to consultants, if you wish, but don't depend on them. If you read around this forum you will see that with certificates and diplomas it is difficult to get a study permit. Go for full fledged degrees (MBA, Masters etc.). Colleges, again, lower the probability. Go to proper public universities.

2) OK - but now you have a gap from 16 to 18, you will need to explain that.

3) This is the most important thing you should do before you apply again. Get GCMS notes for both of your applications. The refusal does not have enough information and only these notes can help you fully understand what your application was lacking. Post here once you have your GCMS notes.

4) OK. But your dad is back in Pak?

5) OK.

You need to apply to universities yourself, if you ask me. Ask yourself what you want to study and it should be relevant to your field. For example, Masters in Marketing and you should apply to a university. It is not that college applicants don't get a permit, they do, but it has a lower probability.

Once you have an admissions letter, then you can apply for a study permit. But you need GCMS notes to understand why you were refused. The refusal letter is inadequate. If you wish to use a consultant (nothing wrong with that), you should use them only for consultation - as another set of eyes but not someone who has the final word. You are in the best position to understand your application and you should put in the time to do so.

I'm just an applicant like you but from what I've learned/read, your application needs to be holistic. Every applicant needs to satisfy 2 major criteria: funds and ties to your country. You satisfy the funds but you also need to justify why getting this degree is important for you. You can do this by explaining how your employ-ability will increase in Pakistan and how it offsets the cost of the education. Visa officers seem to not like certificates/diplomas and if no other option is available to you, you need to justify how getting a certificate will help you - preferably with some sort of evidence. Explaining how a certificate helps your career in Pakistan is demonstrating stronger ties and that you have an incentive to return.

Last edited:
Reactions: hussainkestrel

Saad@Dubai

Mar 23, 2018
AOA Everyone!

Being Pakistani and living in Dubai for work so would be applying from here. Do i need to get Notarised attestation for Engineering Degree and transcript even in online visa application?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Pay the tuition fee for the full academic year and next time make sure you don't do anything for them to ban you as some Universities do not refund if you are banned due to misrepresentation. Also there is this GIC certificate that you can get from a bank in Canada. You pay them 10k cad and they give a certificate that he living expenses are covered for the first year. This is the best way one can prove funds.
@hussainkestrel Can Pakistani students apply for GIC? Did you? If so, where?

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
@hussainkestrel Can Pakistani students apply for GIC? Did you? If so, where?
Well i tried to look for it. Try Scotia bank or just google it. They have two banks that the Indians use to get GIC. I didn't because i guess paying full year tuition fee is more than enough.

Feb 11, 2018
I am a bachelor student of computer science with 3.2 CGPA uptil the 7th semester.
I have already given IELTS,got 8 band overall.
I also have a very strong financial backing.
I want to apply for masters in Computer Science for the jan intake 2019.
I want to apply for universities in Ontario ,preferably closer to toronto.
So far I have shortlisted these universities.
McMaster University
Ryerson University
University of Guelph

What are my chance in these universities?
Any other universities I should be looking at in this region as well?

burhan1985

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Port Elgin, ON, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London (VCM)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-Sept-2014
Nomination.....
07-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent already
File Transfer...
05-Jan-2015
Med's Request
28-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
30-Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-Aug-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-Aug-2015 (PP Returned)
LANDED..........
03-Oct-2015

Hamid313

Mar 30, 2018
Asalam o Alikum wrwb Everyone,

I am currently working as a Health & Safety Officer in UAE and willing to pursue my higher education in Canada. I have done my MA in 2010 from Pakistan later on i studied HSE courses and currently pursuing international diploma as well in my field. Can anyone guide me about the Process and also will it be possible to get visa according to my educational & career background?

Thanks

Waqar Ali

Mar 29, 2018
Ireland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Asalam o Alikum Everyone,

I have applied in University of Manitoba for Master's program on Jan 2018, still waiting for their response.

anyone has any idea how much time normally these university take to decide?

Regards,

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Asalam o Alikum Everyone,

I have applied in University of Manitoba for Master's program on Jan 2018, still waiting for their response.

anyone has any idea how much time normally these university take to decide?

Regards,
Your best is to contact the admissions department of the program you applied to.

Every university has their own criteria so it is difficult to say what is the 'usual' time.