+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Police Clearance Certificate Concern

Buraira

May 3, 2017
Believe me, I was only the Raja Rental for one year when I moved to Lahore and now I am living in my parents house that is not on rent.

My CRS will be 478 but I have not updated my profile because I want to work on my documentation.

Thanks for your guidance and a prompt reply. Right now, I am on Pre-ITA stage so I did not mention any address in my EE Profile. I will get my permanent address changed on my CNIC and then obtain a PCC for that.

Thanks a bunch.

jjkayani

Dec 24, 2018
So I got my PCC 4 months ago from Rawalpindi, Pakistan. This was a printed copy in black and white, what I have been reading in different posts that while submitting documents it has to be colored and original, well the one I got is not colored one, but this is the only certificate I got from the Police Station. Is it enough or will there'll be a problem?

Here's my PCC.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E-LXo-6lgF4WGvfq6XSAwkuTCebKxuyZ/view

Reactions: tar86

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
my wife had a PCC from rawalpindi too. It is black and white. The good thing on her certificate was that there was a stamp as well. Although that stamp was blue but it looked grey in the scan and was a very faint blue so much so that one could easily confuse this as gray.

I think you should be good.

Reactions: jjkayani

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Ok, let me clarify this again for the individuals who are concerned about this understandably confusing issue.

You should get PCC made only for the permanent addresses on your ID card. As far as I remember in Pakistan the FIR is registered against NIC and also shows up in the police station records of the place shown as permanent address (at least that is what my understanding was). So if you have changed permanent address multiple times in your NIC then go ahead and mention all those addresses. Otherwise just make one with your permanent address.

I hope that clears the confusion.

P.S yes, I got my PR and had to agonize over this same issue when submitting my documents
Had to do a lot of research.
I have mentioned in my address history of the time I spent in Lahore (2 of the last 10 years) but the pcc contains info only about my permanent address city of punjab (feom birth till date) Will this not be an issue? I currently live in the uae.

Reactions: jjkayani

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I have mentioned in my address history of the time I spent in Lahore (2 of the last 10 years) but the pcc contains info only about my permanent address city of punjab (feom birth till date) Will this not be an issue? I currently live in the uae.
Your address history should be consistent with your PCC. You should only mention your permanent address in address history and furnish pcc for the same.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Your address history should be consistent with your PCC. You should only mention your permanent address in address history and furnish pcc for the same.
But I professionally worked elsewhere than my permanent address. If its verified, my application can be rejected.

Wbr90

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hey guys,

Undrrstood that for every city you have lived in pakistan you need to provide pcc. To make it better people submit pcc against each address they have lived at.

When filling in the application for PR after ITA, is it required to proof your residence on that address? Like Ownership/rental documents of house? Is it required?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
But I professionally worked elsewhere than my permanent address. If its verified, my application can be rejected.
That should not matter because your fir will go to the permanent address.

I lived for 6 years in Lahore yet my permanent address was in khi and on my NIC it stated the same.

If you want to mention another address then I believe you have to furnish the PCC for that address.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hey guys,

Undrrstood that for every city you have lived in pakistan you need to provide pcc. To make it better people submit pcc against each address they have lived at.

When filling in the application for PR after ITA, is it required to proof your residence on that address? Like Ownership/rental documents of house? Is it required?
No. You should provide a PCC for every permanent address on your NICs. Not for every single address that you lived at.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
That should not matter because your fir will go to the permanent address.

I lived for 6 years in Lahore yet my permanent address was in khi and on my NIC it stated the same.

If you want to mention another address then I believe you have to furnish the PCC for that address.
How would i satisfy the cic visa officer? Have you applied and got through the immigration process ??

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Hey guys,

No. You will only ha e to prove where you currently live.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
How would i satisfy the cic visa officer? Have you applied and got through the immigration process ??
Yep, PR in May.

I had 6 years of education in Lahore after my 18th birthday. And I gave that information to them in education.

Only gave my khi address in address history because that was my permanent address and submitted PCC for the same. Did submit 2 for my wife because she changed her id card after marriage as well as her permanent address.

In fact given current processing times I became PR in 6 months, which is pretty good.

Reactions: ammad88

jjkayani

Dec 24, 2018
Hi,

My sister got the ITA yesterday, the only concern she has now is regarding the PCC, because the PCC from Pakistan was issued in her absence. I went to Pakistan two months ago and got her the PCC, now on her PCC it's clearly mentioned: "Issued in the absence of the applicant." Will this be a problem or is it fine?

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Hi,

My sister got the ITA yesterday, the only concern she has now is regarding the PCC, because the PCC from Pakistan was issued in her absence. I went to Pakistan two months ago and got her the PCC, now on her PCC it's clearly mentioned: "Issued in the absence of the applicant." Will this be a problem or is it fine?
That's normal. Mine is the same as well. Another colleague of mine also had the same and she has not faced any issues. Even the cic website states that we can ask someone to get it on our behalf. So, there is nothing to worry about.

mansoor123

Jul 1, 2019
Hey do you need to get police certificate for your permanent address or temporary address as shown in your NADRA CNIC?